It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With the character with which we are born,with that character we die..and we never change.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We born with a certain character,and with that one we die.

We humans always look for a model to differentiate ourselves as a singular Universe of facts and emotions.
Maybe our life is written in our genetic fingerprint ,I don't know, but sure the character is and what define it.
First, almost all of us are primarily educated and trained. How life flows for each, regardless of what we do is something we can not change,and that is the character.
Our ego is given by character.Maybe some of us change during of our lives,but not in a very significant way.
Studying the evolution of an individual his entire life will give you the measure of his character,as facts.
When we say about someone that has no character we actually refer to its entire evolution up to the time when we met that person.

What defines the character of an individual?
I don't know maybe you will help me find that answer,as an expression of your own character.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I have to view life as a form of character assassination. I hope nobody else sees it that way.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
its input and experiences. like imprints into a book. if you would seperate identical twins at birth, teach and raise one in kindness and tolerance and reward the other for killing e.g. animals, you will have total different characters. no genes matter.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The charater of people change with the progression of alzhimers

Dont worry your still a beautifull identically massproduced snowflake.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

I have to view life as a form of character assassination. I hope nobody else sees it that way.
You mean we have certain impulses that may occur at a very late point in life when people around us expect less that to happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
its input and experiences. like imprints into a book. if you would seperate identical twins at birth, teach and raise one in kindness and tolerance and reward the other for killing e.g. animals, you will have total different characters. no genes matter.
This can be acquired but the character does not change even if certain circumstances may show something else.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

The charater of people change with the progression of alzhimers
Aha now I know,we all have alzheimer's.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ah, a question I have pondered and pondered in my short life. I still don't know the answer, but it does seem rather like there are some DNA's that have the perfect recipe for success, while other's have the perfect storm for disaster.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

I still don't know the answer
Could be an awakening from another life,like we are awakening from a bad dream and we go into another,No,I think is more like the fingerprint that is our life and the only way to model the character,is by not to look around us but inside us.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Dr. Martin Luther King,Jr. said: "The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is being superior to your former self."

If you don't make a conscious daily effort to improve your faults/character flaws you won't change. If you take a little time each night to think about what good you did and what you need to improve, your character can change. Self reflection and desire to change yourself can make it happen. I know people that were able to kick strong addictions, lose hundreds of pounds, make a conscious decision to love there spouse and do a 180 degree change in there lives. You have to honestly know yourself and believe you can. If you think you will always be the way you are and never try, key word "TRY", you won't change.

Your vision of yourself and your possibilities is a mental picture of what you will become. We must carve our own success in the same way that a sculptor chips away at a block of marble. Like the sculptor who creates a masterpiece from a mental model, we must begin our journey to success by visualizing what we want to become. The trouble with most people is that they never dare to realize their highest possibilities. They misuse their imagination by daydreaming and wishing their lives away. Think positive and clearly visualize your possibilities. Positive visualizations will help you seize the opportunity for greatness within you.
Unknown

www.managersforum.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have minor brain damage so I know first hand how change feels. Most of the time I must act fake just so ppl think I'm normal. Most of the time I feel like I don't exist because my mind is always cloudy. I guess I feel more like a collection of thoughts rather than that old being I use to be before my brain damage.

It's really like a half alive/dead feeling that makes you feel neither happy or sad. You exist simply to exist and enjoy shallow pleasures cause you can't connect deeply into anything. In the end I can't say my life sucks because I just feel like fragments instead of a human being with a life.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

If you take a little time each night to think about what good you did
This days is very hard to define good,in a world of hatred,though many people do good they are rewarded with bad.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Character is chemically driven, you can drink or take drugs to have a sudden change of character but the side effects include the return of your natural chemicals that give you the character you will always be. This is enough to send people insane and go out of their way to be someone else and all at the same time the other person who they want to be is doing the same thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Most of the time I must act fake just so ppl think I'm normal. Most of the time I feel like I don't exist because my mind is always cloudy. I guess I feel more like a collection of thoughts rather than that old being I use to be before my brain damage.
Maybe we must fight more against what we think we cannot fight using the 'us' before we accept what we think is beyond recall.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

This is enough to send people insane and go out of their way to be someone else and all at the same time the other person who they want to be is doing the same thing.
And how they end up like that if not because of the same character they always use to have.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

you can drink or take drugs to have a sudden change of character
It's written for those who drink and take drugs to do so.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So when a babies get cancer its because of something to do with a past life.

such stupidity makes me sick. This why i KNOW freedom of speech is an illusion. There alot of deluded individuals i hope get the help they need.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

So when a babies get cancer its because of something to do with a past life.
Genetically disease has nothing to do with character,character is more related with other type of energy that we conserve in our inner soul.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

It's really like a half alive/dead feeling that makes you feel neither happy or sad.
That is something more related to psychic,but as long as we are able to build emotions we can heal anything.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
gotta say your OP was a little vague but I do have a couple comments. I'm a Psychologist and have also spent many years doing and teaching Astrology.

Sidenote concerning Astrology - I never believed in it until I sat down with a professional Astrologer who didnt know me at the time and she just blew me away! It's VERY specific when you do the whole astrology birth chart and compare the many aspects available. To convince people I'd have them pick a birthdate of someone I've never met and then proceed to translate the birth chart of that person - every person I've ever done this for has become a solid believer in Astrology, so don't knock it based on the "what's your sign?" ideal; it's WAY more complex and a true art.

to my point - in Astrology a lot of people don't do charts for children; there is a good reason for this: a lot of the chart's trends haven't happened yet! So if a person has a certain behavioral or personality trait you are not going to necessarily see that at age 6, so it's not worth talking about. BUT when reading a chart for an adult it can be VERY precise... as though, like yo umention in the OP, that we are destined to follow a certain path.

That being said, in Pschology I see plenty of people in which one specific event changed their life and it takes years of therapy for them to resolve the dissonance (or stress). We are all interconnected and affect those around us...

so to look at things as "we only have the character we were born with" means that everyone falls into this same matrix of NON-free will. What benefit does it have to state that we will never change?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join