It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Universe - Help Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I just started messing around with DC Universe online and have a few questions that im hoping some ATS'ers can help with.

Alert Missions - How the hell do you start them? Do I need to be in a group already or will it find people to group me with?

Research and Development- Where do I go to create upgrades for my gear and what do you need to create the upgrades?

The Bank- Can I store unwanted gear that doesn't work for one character in the bank and then access it to use on a new character?

Damn game suckered me in pretty good. The $1500 max cash on the free account is lame once you are broke and have $3000 being held hostage in the escrow. Sadly I did pay for one month.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

yes yes and yes..

I played around with DC universe game for some weeks..
until I found out that you can buy levels, gear, powers, characters.. for money, that kind ruined it for me.
while I spend weeks on getting some level.. another person just pay 10 dollers to become some kind of god and then go kill my char

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

yes yes and yes..

I played around with DC universe game for some weeks..
until I found out that you can buy levels, gear, powers, characters.. for money, that kind ruined it for me.
while I spend weeks on getting some level.. another person just pay 10 dollers to become some kind of god and then go kill my char

I can just buy everything without playing? Well that sounds like fun.

As for the yes yes and yes........care to clarify for me?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
you can que for alerts, which is group instances, which will complete alert quests. You dont create your gear you "upgrade" thru doing quests with rewards (do the wanted posted for upgrade gear) or doing alerts and get gear from there.There is also DUOS, which you and another person do a 2 man instance, you can get gear from there too. You can also check the auction house for stuff. As for the bank, there is the bank, and "Shared Bank" just click shard bank when your at your bank; which is shared between all your chars.

Also, you cant buy levels with cash, you can buy DLCs, Which atm is green lantern and the flash DLCs, and no you cant buy gear with cash, you only get special stuff, like superman hoodie, cosmic skin (which is basically your skin looks like space) There is no gear you can buy with cash.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Warlock316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Alert Missions - How the hell do you start them? Do I need to be in a group already or will it find people to group me with?

Go into your on duty tab you will see the missions listed there. Once you pick an alert when a spot is open it will pull you into the mission.

Research and Development- Where do I go to create upgrades for my gear and what do you need to create the upgrades?

For R&D you need to go to either the watchtower or hall of doom.

The Bank- Can I store unwanted gear that doesn't work for one character in the bank and then access it to use on a new character?

He can store things in the bank but your bank account can't be accessed by another character. But you could trade it to someone else and then have them give it back to your other character.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thank you both for the information. So the Bank does have a shared option? One post says yes and the other no, so which is it?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
While I love the idea of this game, it was very disappointing to me. I just decided to explore the city and started bashing those machines that turn people into apes, well, it turns out that is a mission early on in the game. I already did it so it did not give me credit for it when the actual mission was assigned. I emailed sony about it and after re-emailing them when I did not hear anything back, I wrote them an email detailing out the reasons why I will never buy one of their games again, also, I can't believe that they make you pay $15/month for that one game, at least with XBOX live you can pay $70 for the whole year. Sony needs to catch up with the times.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

They do have differnet payment options and its cheaper when you sign on for more months. The game is OK, nothing special imo. I just need something to kill time until MassEffect3 and Diablo3 come out.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I would advise you not to play any computer game. I played WOW for three years and that's three years of playtime wasted. I can't even look at a computer game now without feeling emotionally ill. Sorry, but it's a total waste.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
While I love the idea of this game, it was very disappointing to me. I just decided to explore the city and started bashing those machines that turn people into apes, well, it turns out that is a mission early on in the game. I already did it so it did not give me credit for it when the actual mission was assigned. I emailed sony about it and after re-emailing them when I did not hear anything back, I wrote them an email detailing out the reasons why I will never buy one of their games again, also, I can't believe that they make you pay $15/month for that one game, at least with XBOX live you can pay $70 for the whole year. Sony needs to catch up with the times.

Hmm DCU is free to play now, it costs nothing at all

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

I would advise you not to play any computer game. I played WOW for three years and that's three years of playtime wasted. I can't even look at a computer game now without feeling emotionally ill. Sorry, but it's a total waste.

And that would be why I never even considered playing WOW. You obviously could not control your addiction to it so maybe pc games, especially mmorpg's, aren't for you. I have always had a variety of hobbies and no one thing dominates my time for more than a month usually. I think i'll be fine but thanks for your concern.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

That's great that sony fixed that part, now if only they would fix all the bugs in their games before they launched them, then I would actually be able to play the game! Plus, the game comes with a code that is married to your system/account/game so you can't even trade it in! I still say "boo" to sony.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by mcdgray129

That's great that sony fixed that part, now if only they would fix all the bugs in their games before they launched them, then I would actually be able to play the game! Plus, the game comes with a code that is married to your system/account/game so you can't even trade it in! I still say "boo" to sony.

Amen to that
Star for you

new topics

top topics

join