It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[THIS IS HUGE] Clicking Links Can Auto-Opt You in to Anonymous's Latest DDoS Attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

i tried to be sarcastic - and failed -.-

i am a /b/ro and know that 99% of anon is legit - i am sick of hearing "its all false flag"

for all who do not believe it check 4chan for a week and see how it works
edit on 21-1-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Which this now begs the question, is there really millions of people supporting anon? Or is it just as this thread implies millions of unknowingly supporting anon?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You run all kinds of risks, some much worse than a simple DoS attack, when clicking a link from an untrusted source. Ever heard of buyer beware? same thing should apply for the internet.
They would have better luck using browser exploits to install trojans on your PC. The article is talking about using _javascript to continuously refresh a page, pretty simple and has been around for years

But anyways you wont be charged for unknowingly participating in a DoS attack, a crime (with the exception of a few, ex: manslaughter) requires criminal intent.

reply to post by Hessdalen

Your kidding right? 4chan is not Anon, just a bunch of kids who want to be
edit on 21-1-2012 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

EXCELLENT POINT!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Unknowingly clicking on a link would not constitute as mens rea (the guilty mind) needed to prosecute in court!

You are assuming a court system still based on the Constitution. As we have seen, those in power care not a lick of spit for the Constitution. Things are changing my friend, our Republic is dead.

While I don't disagree with you, I doubt you can find a court case in the U.S. where someone did prison time from clicking a link that installed nefarious code.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Common sense would dictate people should be careful about clicking. However when people are new to internet usage and the way things are written it is quite easy to accidently do. I learned the hard way as many others.
When everything you do is wrong and everything you say is wrong and everything you are is wrong. It no longer matters.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You can say whaterever you want about Anon, but at least Anon try to do something.

what are you doing on your side to help the cause,except talking about a subject you're totaly ignorant about .?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
You can say whaterever you want about Anon, but at least Anon try to do something.

what are you doing on your side to help the cause,except talking about a subject you're totaly ignorant about .?

I'm DOING SOMETHING and I'm not hiding behind a bunch of proxies, a Guy Fawkes mask, and a voice scrambler either. I'm not dissing the real Anon as it serves a purpose, but they can better select their targets and leave those who do not wish to participate out of it..
edit on 1/21/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think OldCorp nailed it. Anonymous: a few key operatives, and droves of useful idiots in Fawkes uniforms. Maybe they belong to the US, maybe they don't. Whoever they work for, they are hitting all the right nerves to get SOPA (or worse) passed.

And now this: involuntary conscription into the Anon Army for thousands of morbidly curious slobs who indulged in a little unprotected clicking. Not cool.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am not sure a judge even in a kangaroo court could put someone in prision for clicking a link that they did not know would involve them in a DDoS attack. In fact I think the law in most western countries would have a hard time proving it to be illigal for somebody to request information from a public internet address, that is all a DDoS does after all.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Unknowingly clicking on a link would not constitute as mens rea (the guilty mind) needed to prosecute in court!

You are assuming a court system still based on the Constitution. As we have seen, those in power care not a lick of spit for the Constitution. Things are changing my friend, our Republic is dead.

You are apparently assuming that a judge would give a jury a directed verdict and instruct them to ignore mens rea arguments. While judges can be guilty of directed verdicts, the likelihood that a judge would tell a jury to ignore mens rea in making their determinations is beyond the pale, and any judge stupid enough to do such a thing would only guarantee appeal of the case, not to mention being brought up on ethics charges, possibly even facing an individual savvy enough to file a verified complaint against the criminal thug and have him arrested.

While judges have "full immunity", they only have such immunity when operating under the scope of jurisdiction granted them. No judge has been granted the authority to dismiss mens rea as a necessary part of proving guilt.

Don't let your karma run over your dogma, brother.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ

Your kidding right? 4chan is not Anon, just a bunch of kids who want to be
edit on 21-1-2012 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

YOU are kidding, right?

Without 4chan, there would NOT be Anon, plain and simple.

Methinks someone doesn't know the history of the very internet they're using to post on these forums.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
An auto-installing-low-orbit-ion-cannon with auto-aim and wall-hack.

Awesome.

I'm just thinking, today is so easy to do such things, now you put this on bigger scale..

Like, sending nukes with 1 click!

First minute, they tweet link where you need to click to launch nuke. 10,000 ppl clicked, some shared on Facebook..
3-5 minutes, 877,083 likes and few more auto-clicks, and even more nukes!

Nukes are still flying in atmosphere, but people click EVEN MORE!
Now we run out of nukes, 80 million clicks and counting.

I think that would bring SOPA down!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
I think OldCorp nailed it. Anonymous: a few key operatives, and droves of useful idiots in Fawkes uniforms. Maybe they belong to the US, maybe they don't. Whoever they work for, they are hitting all the right nerves to get SOPA (or worse) passed.

And now this: involuntary conscription into the Anon Army for thousands of morbidly curious slobs who indulged in a little unprotected clicking. Not cool.

I continue to miss the logic on that argument.

"SOPA, Stop Online Piracy Act!. We must use it to prevent software piracy!"
"Ohnoes, Anon haxored the fbi!! We must PASS SOPA NOW!!!"

When does hacking a website become software piracy? How does attacking the agencies that support this act, constitute software piracy and warrant the immediate passing of, or ad favour to, an act billed to stop software piracy?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

I continue to miss the logic on that argument.

The logic of shooting oneself in the foot the way these clowns do escapes me, man. And that's me giving them the benefit of the doubt, and not assuming that the non-hierarchical structure isn't being exploited to further a larger agenda.

"SOPA, Stop Online Piracy Act!. We must use it to prevent software piracy!"
"Ohnoes, Anon haxored the fbi!! We must PASS SOPA NOW!!!"

You're right. SOPA has no bearing on DDoS attacks. But try to tell that to the guys who will take advantage of this event to get that bill through the u-bend. You know that's how it's gonna go. Everybody knows.

Look, the guys who write and pass the laws will always take the lazy way out. If one wanted to corner the U.S..into draconian net legislation, one could do a lot worse than to subvert and direct cells of Anon in precisely this way. Just saying.

Regardless, the result will be the same. And we'll all lose our sweet Open Source privileges, thanks to a few shortsighted d-bags.

edit on 21-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Quote wreck.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So much for helping the public and maintaining a 'free' world. Screw Anon, they have caused enought damage, and are now getting the public into trouble for their own gain

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Gzz.. imagine for a second that no one cared about SOPA.

You, me, we ALL need that pages they want to shut down. Millions are affected, and actually, only rich people get something on end of this story. So they again want to take from the poor to give to the rich. Anon is fighting against rich, to give to poor. So I support that order.

When is not doing anything better option? Some people are on streets, some are protesting here. People just do what they are good at. And they do it cause they think that is better for whole community, not for companies.

Main difference, and always good tip:
"Follow the money"

Anons don't get money for shutting down pages, they risk a lot. They risk lives.
SOPA is only about money.
edit on 21-1-2012 by ferumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

nail on the head ther pal.if it was a true hacktavist group why cant the trace the ip of the youtube vid and guanamo his ass seeing as its terroism now????? this false flag will be flying high,along with alot more ,and it will carry on as long as we'r in the"plan"

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

they dont hack anything,all they can or have so far done is flood sites with traffic so they just shut down as a built in response,the bbc guy got it spot on when he said"its like 50 fat guy'es going for the same taxi/cab they all wont fit so he just shuts the door to stop anymore people getting in"

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Anons don't get money for shutting down pages.

Maybe some do, and mostly I'm sure they don't. Does doing it for free automatically grant you the moral high ground? Or does that zeal merely render one useful to those who do collect a check?

Besides weren't all the blackouts and outspoken opposition from every big player sufficient to swat it down? It sure looked that way to me. I would've laid money on it dying at the executive level.

Somebody's always gotta chum up the waters.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: font hosed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join