It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[THIS IS HUGE] Clicking Links Can Auto-Opt You in to Anonymous's Latest DDoS Attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

We've seen many links posted on Twitter, and no doubt elsewhere on the internet, pointing to a page on the pastehtml.com website. If you visit the webpage, and do not have JavaScript disabled, you will instantly, without user interaction, begin to flood a website of Anonymous's choice with unwanted traffic, helping to perpetuate a DDoS attack.

Don't forget, denial-of-service attacks are illegal. If you participate in such an attack you could find yourself receiving a lengthy jail sentences.

nakedsecurity.sophos.com...

20 years in jail for a click, but the banks robs us with bilons and now they are out laughing at us how stupid and robotic we are .

so NOW we have a problem...or not? how can anyone be presecuted for clicking a link...

edit on 21-1-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

I'm beginning to think "Anon" - or the gubmint pretending to be Anon - is a False Flag. Considering all of the recent legislation, this would be a good way to turn even compliant sheep into "criminals" (and candidates for FEMA re-education camps.)

ETA: BTW, I NEVER click those Facebook links. It's just a way to gather your info and market crap to you, and everyone you know.
edit on 1/21/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

and thats why i dont think its false flag - just a very clever "hack"...MILLIONS of people could accidently click on such a link - no way that all of them get punished....

i think thats maybe the beginning of some serious problems regarding DDOS because you cannot say its illegal if your not willingly/knowingly doing it...

like there is a demonstration and your just go shopping in the same street and they would say your part of the demonstration...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

An auto-installing-low-orbit-ion-cannon with auto-aim and wall-hack.

Awesome.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I would like to see them put people in prison for clicking a link,
It's unintentional, which has a different meaning in court, would it not?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You're not going to get 20 years in jail for clicking on a link and becoming unwittingly involved in an internet crime. You know, LE DOES actually investigate before sending you to jail. But still, good idea not to click any links anyways.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i posted this numerous times yesterday guess people dont read nor pay attention
ah well one can only try

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Originally posted by OldCorp

I'm beginning to think "Anon" - or the gubmint pretending to be Anon - is a False Flag. Considering all of the recent legislation, this would be a good way to turn even compliant sheep into "criminals" (and candidates for FEMA re-education camps.)

ETA: BTW, I NEVER click those Facebook links. It's just a way to gather your info and market crap to you, and everyone you know.

Greetings:

It would seem to be so easy to slip in under the wire and "plant" government "anon" user/agents to flood the net with whatever message du jour.

Just what we need at this particular time in history - another damn false flag!

Peace Love Light
tfw

P.S. Keep up the great work - we're all behind you.

[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

There are entire online communities with users who describe themselves as Anonymous / Anon, and they're pretty much malevolent internet bullies / young teens with a bone to pick. I'm not going to post links but I'm sure you could find what I'm speaking of if you searched for it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Unknowingly clicking on a link would not constitute as mens rea (the guilty mind) needed to prosecute in court!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Go ahead & click it... just make sure you're behind 7 proxies.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Originally posted by OldCorp

Greetings:

It would seem to be so easy to slip in under the wire and "plant" government "anon" user/agents to flood the net with whatever message du jour.

Just what we need at this particular time in history - another damn false flag!

Peace Love Light
tfw

P.S. Keep up the great work - we're all behind you.

[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

There are entire online communities with users who describe themselves as Anonymous / Anon, and they're pretty much malevolent internet bullies / young teens with a bone to pick. I'm not going to post links but I'm sure you could find what I'm speaking of if you searched for it.

and this is the most common misconception of Anonymous and what they are
granted there are lots of little script kiddies/irrelevants that parade as Anon
i assure you the true Anon are poeple who hold professional positions from a range of careers from I.T to Security on the web and a lot more
i guess it would be simple to shrug them all off as "internet bullies/young teens"

maybe they are "internet bullies" but there taking the cause to the real "internet bullies" your goverment

do 2 wrongs make a right? NO
but are we supposed to lay down and get trodden on?
cos if SOPA does come into effect kiss this site and a hell of a lot more goodbye forever
as SOPA=your not allowed free thinkin you do as the powers that be say

and yes SOPA is against piracy all good
do you think its gonna end there?
think again this is just the first stage of a complete internet brainwash from the powers that be
edit on 21-1-2012 by UkRandom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Unknowingly clicking on a link would not constitute as mens rea (the guilty mind) needed to prosecute in court!

You are assuming a court system still based on the Constitution. As we have seen, those in power care not a lick of spit for the Constitution. Things are changing my friend, our Republic is dead.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yes, Low-Orbit Ion Cannons are illegal . . .

That is why I use a lot of bridges for my TOR.

S+F,
Seraph

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Clicking on some adverts or links can install and run malware and viruses that can DDOS whoever the writer wants and you would never even know, you ARE responcable for what the connection you pay for does, however being the victim of malware does not generally make you directy responcible.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You may actually have something there, Anonymous could have government persons on board. Wikileaks had informers from government agencies.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Im in the UK mate, I stick with my statement at least in this country the courts are not going to waste time prosecuting people for clicking on a link they did not realise was a hack, it would be to big a waste of public money and court time, and the law still stands, no mens rea would be a complete defence in court.

I am sorry if things have got so out of hand in the US that they would actually attempt to prosecute people for this!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

wrong - its all false flag because its from anonymous and so everyone will go into a fema-camp...^^

so sick of this BS...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by UkRandom

o rly? sry but i did a search

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Im not sure I follow your post.

Are you suggesting that even if anonymous is a false flag (Im not ruling out the possibility) the authorities are going to come and detain anyone any were in the world who accidently click on a disguised anonymous hack link and place them into a FEMA camp.

Cool Aid bro lay of it!

If anonymous is a false flag it is to gain support for PIPA and SOPA which would completely censor the internet.

edit on 21-1-2012 by RandalFlagg because: spelling

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join