It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know What The Tunnel Of Light Is

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Wow, I must say, I have never heard of our wombs being described as "Crimson Enclosures" before. Interesting....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by alilonthecheekyside
reply to post by blocula

Wow, I must say, I have never heard of our wombs being described as "Crimson Enclosures" before. Interesting....
One of my hobbies or talents or whatever someone wants to call it,is coming up with interesting and descriptive two-word combinations of which,crimson enclosure,is one of about 200 that i have written down...
edit on 23-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
In my opinion I think the tunnel of light the person traveling through a wormhole to Heaven or the next dimension whatever you want to call it. The universe is a big place to travel, even for spirits.
Every time I see a model of a wormhole on a science show or a sci-fi movie it reminds me of the tunnel thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
This is just my opinion,nobody told me about this idea,this theory explaining what the tunnel of light actually might be and i never heard or read it expressed in this way anywhere else,i thought of it a long time ago on my own...

I have read a few books about beyond and back experiences,about people who almost died on operating tables,car accidents,in their beds,or how ever and again and again they describe seeing,or approaching,even entering within a tunnel of whitish light...

The tunnel of light accounts are described by people young and old who almost died,or who were declared dead and then were revived,because if they really died,they would'nt be able to tell us anything at all,because they would actually be dead and they would be gone...

I have thought for a long time that the tunnel of light that people see when they die,when they are near death,is literally their memory of passing through their mothers birth canal,head first and seeing the light of the hospital delivery room getting closer and brighter and the people who are sometimes seen in the tunnel of light might actually be the doctors,nurses and family members who were present in the delivery room...

Maybe those people that were near death and saw the light,but then were revived,are the babies who are still born.They were actually passing through the birth canal and just as they were about to be born into this world within another new body,their old body was revived and the baby is then still born,for it no longer has a soul,the soul returned to the body that it left when that body was dying, but didnt actually die...

The physical and emotional trauma of almost dying,or temporarily dying and then being revived,brings to the surface from out of our subconsciousness,the recollections of our very first memory,our memories of being born,of seeing and entering a tunnel of light,the light of the delivery room...Imo...
edit on 21-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

The only problem with this theory, is that some have said that after you die, you reunite with your loved ones before going into another life. And that you have the ability to choose what you want to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

Why do so many people think that we choose our parents and that we choose our deaths? Who would choose parents that end up raping or killing their kids instead of kind and loving parents? Who would choose to die in a burning car crash or a gas chamber,as opposed to dying in their sleep?

edit on 25-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You are attaching human emotions to souls who understand certain experiences need to be had in order to learn certain lessons. Some people will go through terrible things in their lives and turn to substance abuse, depression, etc... while some will go through terrible things only to be thankful later on for the things they were taught in enduring these situations.

As human beings nobody would want to go through these things but as souls we may understand that it's necessary.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

There's a difference between knowing something and experiencing it.
If you are a spirit (or whatever) and you have never felt pain can walk through walls, etc you're going to say "sure, I don't mind dying in a gas chamber if that is what God/the universe/fate wants of me." You're also going to say, "My parents will abuse me? That's impossible. I do not understand how they can."
Have you ever tried to explain to a child sex before they were capable of understanding or has anyone said, "I understand what you're going through" to you when they didn't know because they haven't gone through it. Or the old stand by, "If I had been in that situation I would have done..." We don't know how we'll react to something until we experience it. All the could have, should haves, what ifs and such are just theory until put into "experimentation."

Anyway, back on topic. My other idea for the tunnel of light thing is that it is like those loading screens (splash screen) that you see in online games when the character warps to another location. You know, it shows you some kind of character or image from the game.
As you make the journey the screen shows up to load you into the new realm or as Wikipedia says the purpose of loading screens is "to disguise the wait period for game download or to notify the user that the program is loading"
Now if people start saying they see a giant hourglass or the pinwheel, I'll be concerned. The worst would be if we started hearing, "You're death is very important to us. All our guardian angels are busy with other transitions right now. Please say in the tunnel until another is available." On second thought the worst thing would be "Please press one to listen to this message in English..."

That's it no more pizza before bed.

Edit: Hmm, I wonder what kind of muzak it plays...

In all seriousness, I've read somewhere that people psychologically need "the passage of time" as a transition or guide that something has happened. Have you ever been at partying at a rock concert and suddenly bam you wake up in bed and feel disoriented for a few seconds and are wondering "what just happened"? How many time slip stories have we read and people had problems?
The tunnel could just be our mind's way of creating a passage of time. Our minds are constantly going. The tunnel gives our minds something to do while we wait for either the other side or to be revived.
Could also be life's last chance at saving itself. That as long as you are in the tunnel you aren't "officially" dead and therefore can be brought back.

edit on 26-1-2012 by tinfoilsrule because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2012 by tinfoilsrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilsrule

so you would say to all the people starving scrounging for food and oppressed by governments of the world, its ok, just hang in there for a little longer, its not real! ill talk to you guys later, pizza guy is here and i gotta get ready for this rock concert tonight...

your soul needs the experience...
edit on 26-1-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I wonder if the tunnel we seem to be traveling within when we are born,is the same tunnel we travel through when we die? Are they the same? Are birth and death the same? Is being born actually dying and is dying actually being born? One things for sure,we're all going to find out,the truth...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by blocula

I have a completely open mind and i have many theories about a lot of different things and so what if i do? Anythings possible and oh yeah,by the way,the things that scientists and physicists tell us that they claim to be facts,are in reality,nothing more than theories and educated guesses.No one really knows where we come from,where we are,why we are here and where we are going...

...Dr. Carl sagan was a scientist.

edit on 21-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)
:

So? Who cares if ythe OP thought of this or not or what ever? Shouldn't we be discussing the idea? talking about derailing. Soup nazi

PS: not every NDE has the tunnel, let me check where I saw that.
edit on 30-1-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilsrule

You evil you
Having gorgeous Joachim wearing a tin hat.

By the way, tonight there is an episode on National Geographic (Drugs Inc.) about ketamine here in Holland. Going to watch it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

If you've ever had that phenomena happen to you, you'd know that theory isn't true. When being starved of oxygen, your vision fades out and it turns white. What these people are describing is a -tunnel- of -light-, one that glows and shines. The tunnel is often regarded as having a crown of light rays, whereas a simple oxygen starvation is fuzzy and has no shine at all. Let's just say we can throw that theory out of the window for now

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AndromedaPWND

Or perhaps these people were seeing the inner light so often mentioned in the eastern religions...

And heres a couple lines from George Harrisons song "blow away"...

Sky cleared up,day turned to bright,
Closing both eyes now the head filled with light...
Hard to remember the state i was in,
Instant amnesia,Yang to the Yin...
edit on 7-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join