It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know What The Tunnel Of Light Is

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

I was familiar with the Doctor's hypothesis as well. However, I do think you went to a bit of an extreme by suggesting the OP was being deceptive in anyway because he points out that he thought of it on his own. He could have just as easily saw an episode of PBS or read a Readers Digest article years ago and the theory stuck but no recollection of where he heard the theory came to mind and was could have appeared to him to be his, memories are funny that way.

For all we know it could be a residual memory passed down genetically, in theory of course.
edit on 1/21/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sudden burst of Dimethyltryptamine to the brain...........naturally.

Several speculative and yet untested hypotheses suggest that endogenous '___' is produced in the human brain and is involved in certain psychological and neurological states. '___' is naturally occurring in small amounts in rat brain, human cerebrospinal fluid, and other tissues of humans and other mammals. It may play a role in mediating the visual effects of natural dreaming, and also near-death experiences, religious visions and other mystical states.[100] A biochemical mechanism for this was proposed by the medical researcher J. C. Callaway, who suggested in 1988 that '___' might be connected with visual dream phenomena:

link

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

nice
I came to the same idea some time ago

reincarnation

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I would imagine that just about everyone knows what "the tunnel of light" means,its more or less common knowledge and i've heard the term expressed so many times before and i do believe that i know what the tunnel of light actually is,it makes so much sense,the tunnel of light is the light of the delivery room...Imo

edit on 21-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Rafe_

For all we know it could be a residual memory passed down genetically

yyyyeah sure that must be it.Anyway i have seen more then enough make believe claims of the person in question and the obvious kick-off in his post already pre-emptivly defending it before it could be mentioned was a little bit to obvious.

I posted enough info supporting what i said.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Fair enough, if it wasn't obvious I was trying to create an avenue of rebuttal for the OP to perhaps retract and give the due credit. To no avail thus far however. I agree with your assessment as well as how you came to your conclusion I just question your method of delivery was all, it lacked tact.

Nonetheless and on topic, the theory itself is far fetched imo. I have my views on the NDE's and what may lie beyond but I don't account any of them to revisiting the birth canal.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

I would imagine that just about everyone knows what "the tunnel of light" means,its more or less common knowledge and i've heard the term expressed so many times before and i do believe that i know what the tunnel of light actually is,it makes so much sense,the tunnel of light is the light of the delivery room...Imo

And that ^ shows just how much that makes your first post a blatant lie:

The first words in your post/thread

This is just my opinion,nobody told me about this idea,this theory explaining what the tunnel of light actually might be and i never heard or read it expressed in this way anywhere else,
i thought of it a long time ago on my own...

We all know it is hard to stay consistent when spouting bull#.

Thank you for verifying it.
Say hello to my signature
Case closed

edit on 21-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I thought babies were born with their eyes closed? In which case, how could you possibly have a memory of the birth canal?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I agree with you i wasn't tactful but i was not trying to be either , tact goes out of the window with me quite quickly in cases like this.

edit on 21-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: typ0

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Maybe it is the conscious energy (memory, spirit, soul) being released from the physical plane, and re uniting or mingling with the, un physically witnessed energies expended from the sun at all times, as if the light from the sun is always basking the earth in some way and some spectrum, when the individual is halted with death, The "other dimension" it is sent to is another perception of being within space time enshrined in the suns essence.,

most living beings on earth are a product of the suns energy and light... most of the beings command center, consciousness/awareness, soul, spirit, is the mind... where the being controls its physical body in search of food
( trapped sun energy) to continue its emanating consciousness,,, like what we are ( you are what you eat) is physical/material booby traps for light,... humanity on this earth is a minute potential of what infinitely boundless light can accomplish through this specific physical intermediary or prism, when the light is trapped in an individual, it has no choice but to take part in the act it finds itself in, ( this is the idea god is within everyone, the divine spark) and it also awakens completely ignorant,, the progression of humanity is the awakening of infinite potential god,

.. our eyes and mind system arose as an ability or tool, to compute external information from light and process it in our minds and make the possible and probable external world replica in our mind,

so maybe this personally created consciousness, is the fruit of the physical body, what a culmination of light experienced and learned while incarnating in a physical realm in a time of being.

and then when the being dies, the light is presented to the source in its true nature, its true light... maybe maybe?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Rafe_

For all we know it could be a residual memory passed down genetically

yyyyeah sure that must be it.Anyway i have seen more then enough make believe claims of the person in question and the obvious kick-off in his post already pre-emptivly defending it before it could be mentioned was a little bit to obvious.

I posted enough info supporting what i said.
I have a completely open mind and i have many theories about a lot of different things and so what if i do? Anythings possible and oh yeah,by the way,the things that scientists and physicists tell us that they claim to be facts,are in reality,nothing more than theories and educated guesses.No one really knows where we come from,where we are,why we are here,or where we are going...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

What about people who were home birthed? Or delivered in a non traditional way? Such as water births or before hospitals were the norm?

Interesting idea but I don't think that's what it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I thought babies were born with their eyes closed? In which case, how could you possibly have a memory of the birth canal?
I saw my two daughters being born and they both had their eyes opening and closing as soon as their heads were showing,thats all i know is what i saw happen with them..

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miss Sile

What about people who were home birthed? Or delivered in a non traditional way? Such as water births or before hospitals were the norm?

Interesting idea but I don't think that's what it is.
Home births use to happen all the time and some still do,but i doubt that they are taking place in the dark...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

I have a completely open mind and i have many theories about a lot of different things and so what if i do? Anythings possible and oh yeah,by the way,the things that scientists and physicists tell us that they claim to be facts,are in reality,nothing more than theories and educated guesses.No one really knows where we come from,where we are,why we are here and where we are going...

...Dr. Carl sagan was a scientist.

edit on 21-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I have seen the light tunnells in that rock place, went there in my dreams when my inner self wanted answers. I made a thread about it,but couldnt continue as i finished the thread at six in the morning was really tired and then had a loss of car so spent the day walking around trying to solve other problems with transport and my thread dissapeared.So my thread is called 'Did i visit hollow earth or somewhere eles' check it out ,i saw the light tunnels from the outside .

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Some day,sooner or later,even einstein will be proven wrong...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
more people are born each day in average than people die.

True, but I don't think that humans are the only
species that have souls.
And earth might not be the only planet that has life.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Being that I am a Neonatal Nurse, I have seen many births. The "normal" position for the baby to be born in is occipital - the top of the back of the head is what comes through the birth canal, unless it is an abnormal delivery. Even though babies have sight, they can't look around or look forward while being born.

I appreciate thinking people, though. New theories are what make life interesting and fun.

Peace

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Home births use to happen all the time and some still do,but i doubt that they are taking place in the dark...

...................................................................................
Lol, I get that, but it seemed you were alluding to hospital style "bright" lights. There must be anecdotal stories of people who were born by candlelight or lantern back in the prairie/pioneer days who later in life had a near death experience, would be interesting to read accounts that are older than electricity. Or people who were born on the side of the road at night or during a blackout, like the one I'm in now

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join