It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know What The Tunnel Of Light Is

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is just my opinion,nobody told me about this idea,this theory explaining what the tunnel of light actually might be and i never heard or read it expressed in this way anywhere else,i thought of it a long time ago on my own...

I have read a few books about beyond and back experiences,about people who almost died on operating tables,car accidents,in their beds,or how ever and again and again they describe seeing,or approaching,even entering within a tunnel of whitish light...

The tunnel of light accounts are described by people young and old who almost died,or who were declared dead and then were revived,because if they really died,they would'nt be able to tell us anything at all,because they would actually be dead and they would be gone...

I have thought for a long time that the tunnel of light that people see when they die,when they are near death,is literally their memory of passing through their mothers birth canal,head first and seeing the light of the hospital delivery room getting closer and brighter and the people who are sometimes seen in the tunnel of light might actually be the doctors,nurses and family members who were present in the delivery room...

Maybe those people that were near death and saw the light,but then were revived,are the babies who are still born.They were actually passing through the birth canal and just as they were about to be born into this world within another new body,their old body was revived and the baby is then still born,for it no longer has a soul,the soul returned to the body that it left when that body was dying, but didnt actually die...

The physical and emotional trauma of almost dying,or temporarily dying and then being revived,brings to the surface from out of our subconsciousness,the recollections of our very first memory,our memories of being born,of seeing and entering a tunnel of light,the light of the delivery room...Imo...
edit on 21-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
interesting theory. btw, is it a tunnel or the light of god shining in the darkness ?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Ahh very intresting theory, it goes along well with the theory I had in my confused brain last night, you should see my thread if you have the time.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The theory sounds plausible.

Until you think 3 seconds about it.

Then it falls apart, since more people are born each day in average than people die.

So .. in your theory .. where do these extra souls come from ?

Please elaborate.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Or it could just be your brain being starved from oxygen which scientists actually think would lead to this tunnel phenomena.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What about this born by cesarean section who have the same feeling about a light at the end of the tunnel? Seems to disprove your theory?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Well we are probably not the only souls in this universe
maybe the earth is just a station for souls to learn life lessons which they need for the next dimensions!

Who knows how many more souls there are that are currently not on earth!
Not only a human vessel can carry a soul, there are probably millions of vessels

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
What about this born by cesarean section who have the same feeling about a light at the end of the tunnel? Seems to disprove your theory?

I think they were referring to a rebirth or being born again not your actual birth that you just departed from. If that makes any sense.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

In reality it is an effect produced by the chemical dimethyltriptomine ('___'), a naturally occurring psychoactive chemical produced by the brain during, birth, death, orgasm, and super traumatic events, like near death and out of body experiences. Terrence McKenna wrote a lot of interesting material on this subject, and I highly recommend reading some of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hi all.

Having seen, and travelled up this tunnel, which I am sure had steps, I have no idea.

I only saw one person, at the end and would have said it was a St Peter type character, with a book!

No it did not turn me to religion, in fact it had no effect at all, I still do not believe in Heaven or Hell.

Something I do remember was saying, maybe even calling out, "I do not want to go". How I remember that I have no idea.

The reason it happened? I am diabetic and was slipping into a low sugar comma. Why it happened is a bit of a mystery, late in the afternoon after I had returned from work, having eaten normally and no stress or exercise.

Again I am not 100% certain, but I think I had gone downstairs to open the front door to let my wife in, but maybe she used her key and found me in the hall.

The tunnel certainly was not that long, slightly curved and there was the bright light at the end, (not sure about golden light, but would not deny it could have been.) with the St Peter character sitting/standing there.

I came to in hospital some 3 or 4 hours later.

The strange thing is, the second time this happened there was no tunnel or lights, just a pit full of nasty spiders, but this time it was self inflicted, so maybe that WAS Hell and I am now destined for a long period of firing furnaces.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hi

I have read approx over 2000 NDE accounts .. and would personally, strongly disagree with your theory ...
It's my opinion it is a tunnel to this dimension, from another ...

NDE'rs describe being outside of their lifeless body, PRIOR to seeing, and travelling in the tunnel of light .. with usually some time passing, before the tunnel appearing .. allowing the experiencer to to roam around, and listen to and watch people ... and then, the tunnel of light forms .. and whisks them off to ... whatever you wish to call it .. another dimension .. heaven ..

For that reason .. i 'assume' the white tunnel of light is not just a memory ... and is seperate from any remnant memory of a 'birth canal' also ..

But i do love your imagination ... Keep it up .. the world need more thinkers like you that arent afraid to confront these issues

Thanks

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

starvation of oxygen is not the problem .1975 i had a motorcycle accident ,3 times they lost me on the table . they were breathing me and shocking me back.so there is no oxygen starvation in this case .each time i was gone for 15 minutes .the wisdom and knowledge that we are given there far exceed what we as a species call wisdom.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
its your iris (the muscle that controls the amount of light going into your eye) relaxing, which is why your pupils get really big. this lets in too much light and all you can see is a bright white light

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloculaThis is just my opinion,nobody told me about this idea,this theory explaining what the tunnel of light actually might be and i never heard or read it expressed in this way anywhere else,i thought of it a long time ago on my own...

I had a good laugh right there.

The fact that you start this post with a defense like that and the fact that that idea is actually older then a lot of people on these boards to me shows the level of BS you are flinging around.

No ,it was not your idea, yes you heard it before from somewhere else and you seem suspiciously focussed on getting that out of the way at the start of your post.It says to me ...GUILTY.

blocula's post starts of like someone walking into a police station and without even being asked starts saying out loud "I DIDN'T COMMIT THE MURDER" ......suspect enough?

This blocula guy is talking about Dr,Carl sagan's 're-lived birth hypothesis'
primal-page.com...

Excerpts:

Astronomer Carl Sagan gave the keynote address at the CSICOP conference last year. To avoid possible embarrassment, I am sure that no mention was made that Sagan had earlier proposed a theory to explain another bugaboo of the committee, the near-death experience. Dr. Sagan presented his theory in a book on neurology which he entitled Broca's Brain (1979) [1:24:56] gizmo: His hypothesis was that those having near-death experiences were actually re-living their peri-natal experiences. He goes further than this in proposing that all religious experiences and even scientific theories are analogous to the birth experience. But Carl Sagan was not the first to propose a more scientific and less mystical explanation of near death phenomena, which many have experienced while undergoing life-and-death traumas.

(4) MOVING VERY RAPIDLY THROUGH A LONG, DARK TUNNEL. This would be the movement of the neonate through the birth canal in the process of being born.

Credits Dr. Carl sagan

edit on 21-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i have been through this tunnel twice and no it was not an NDE.

The first was when I was 13yrs, when the family dog had been run over and killed by trainee policemen, so we had a Police vet to see if he could be saved. No he couldn't, so as I was the closest to him, I sat next to him stroking him. I don't know why, he was dead.
I fell asleep and I saw a tunnel, of slow moving lights in a spiral movement (Actually it's a helix but with a vanishing point.) I didn't see the end because my mum was shouting at me to wake up. She sensed something was wrong and if I had have continued I would've been in Heaven, so therefore I could've followed him to my death. I told my mum what I saw but knew already, as a voice had warned her. That was 3 decades ago.
I now know all animals go to Heaven. (Who didn't break the Noahic covenant.)

The second was an OBE whilst singing in Church standing upright, about 2 decades ago. I saw the same tunnel but this time I was accompanied by three spirits who were saying words over me, so I would not contaminate Heaven. I then spent time with my deceased mum. When I returned I turned to the Elder's wife behind me to say where i had been. She told me "You've been to Heaven.' She knew because my body had been in an arms raised pose for ten minutes without moving, not even shaking with muscle tremors. Without my consciousness-my Spirit- my body was unable to move.

I found a photo of the tunnel much later-it was the Sky and its stars on a time lapse photo, the spiral was stars going around. Time is sped up and you float upwards to the stars, as Heaven is an actual planet far to the North of Earth.
Last year I have seen on Youtube of how other OBEs have seen how to get there too.

I have been to Heaven before and after these experiences but not in a tunnel. Heaven is an actual Planet with the Garden of Eden being on the planet. That is the goal to get back Home with God, He first loved us and Jesus is the Bridge. No way up there but by Jesus.

So there was no oxygen deprivation, no NDE of mine, no '___' spike. And I had witnesses. How do you explain my experiences? I bet you are going to say mass hysteria.LOL
Well it's not.

And I found the place where I arrived in Heaven, PERFECTLY described in the Kolbrin Bible, the Egyptian part-I was flabbergasted when I read it. People had been there before and written about it thousands of years ago. So how do you explain that?
I only bought the Kolbrin Bible 2 years ago, so I could not have read it before.

I totally believe there is a Heaven and if you have this theory to refute Heaven, you got a surprise coming. Even the Egyptian priesthood believed in Heaven. So does Lucifer, that is what he has been trying to do all this time- get back there.
Hope you change your mind before it's too late.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Creative theory. I wonder if the people on the other side are related. Like soul groups spawning together.

Life isn't death's duality, birth is. Life goes on.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
The theory sounds plausible.

Until you think 3 seconds about it.

Then it falls apart, since more people are born each day in average than people die.

So .. in your theory .. where do these extra souls come from ?

Please elaborate.

Well, In buddhist beliefs, you can be reincarnated into animals, or insects depending on your Karma!! Plenty of those being born everyday!!

edit on 21-1-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

We sleep with our eyes closed,when we dream our eyes are closed,so how are we able to see in our dreams? From where is dream light emanating from? The sun light of another world? The inner light of another reality? The glow of eternity? The light of past lives?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
i came out feet 1st

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
you should edit the thread title

very misleading

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join