It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Showing hole in seafloor in the Gulf spewing oil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
S&F thank you for this thread!

I don't think anyone knows what's really going on in the Gulf anymore

I live just outside NewOrleans and have seen the BP commercials, everything is fine come on down and see us, eat our seafood!! I would never eat anything that came out the Gulf anymore!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I just looked and can't find anything about the no fly zone....but in doing so, I found a quote by a BP bigwig which gives you some insight into how they see those of us affected. Apparently.....we are "small" people, compared to them

On 16 June BP Chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg, speaking to reporters after meeting with President Obama at the White House said, "I hear comments sometimes that large oil companies are greedy companies who don't care. But that is not the case in BP. We care about the small people."[39]

Oh....God bless you BP...for caring about us SMALL people....

edit on 1/23/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I just looked and can't find anything about the no fly zone....but in doing so, I found a quote by a BP bigwig which gives you some insight into how they see those of us affected. Apparently.....we are "small" people, compared to them

edit on 1/23/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

Well, here is my point then. If there is still oil coming up out of rents in the seafloor of the Gulf of Mexico RIGHT NOW, is there provable evidence of that taking place? Has anyone PERSONALLY witnessed that taking place?

It would seem to me that if this is truly happening, there are enough concerned people with local access to the site where this is happening to be able to provide some photo and video evidence of this.

So does it exist and I just missed it somewhere? I, personally, REALLY want to know. I'm getting tired of doing without fresh seafood from the Gulf of Mexico. My freezer stock that I packed away when this first happened is nearly depleted.

When I drive along the coast between Alligator Point and Destin, I see lots of sea birds evidently healthy and feeding well with no ill effects. If the sealife coming out of the Gulf of Mexico is truly toxic, I would think that these birds feeding on that sea life would be the first to go belly up. And I'm just not seeing that happening.

So let's have some REAL facts, please, and dispense with the doom and gloom speculation. What is REALLY happening that people can PROVE?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rich Z

I'll get some pics up some time today....and video. Some boats went out there, and actually took samples of it. It is suspected that they are still spraying corexit at night (this is far out in the gulf....near the Macondo site). If they are spraying still, that is why it is not reaching shore, and the birds feed closer to shore, so they are not still eating the oil. It is not the gigantic amount as from the spewing well....this seems to be coming from holes and cracks in the seafloor (which there is video of. I am not trying to be a doomer, please understand that, because my home is on the gulf coast too, and I want it to be over as well.....but it isn't. I miss seafood too, and swimming in the gulf. But there is no way I'll do it now....no way. I'll try to find all the pics and video and put it up this afternoon.
edit on 1/24/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This one is from September 2011 with video showing the oil....PLEASE read the article. There are some more recent videos, but I'm still looking for them.
visionsgreen.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

It looks like they started drilling then gave up and left or it could be natural.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Hi Kat, I can't upload new images. Don't know why? There are new information & evidence about the gulf disaster. See the links below:

bklim.newsvine.com...

It confirms that the crater with the massive oil plume which BP claimed to be the second leak on the riser was indeed the blown 3rd well. The unadulterated videos are “consistently” consistent with our earlier assertions that the 3rd well that blew its top (BOP, well casing etc) and ended up as an open crater, gushing massive oil directly from the Macondo Reservoir 18,360 ft below. It is time the public know the truth. BP had pulled wools over America's eyes with the fabricated 1 well - 3 leaks on the riser story long enough.

The making of BP’s Mega Oil Spill in the Gulf

There was no mega oil spill before 1700 CDT 22 April. The mega oil spill could have been averted with several run of the mill options. The 20 April incident was the sort of controllable rig-blowout fire situation the industry expects and routinely trained for. It could have been recovered safely without ending in a disastrous mega oil spill. The facts will show that an explosion within the well was purposely detonated on the evening of 22 April 2010 to induce a second blowout that unleashed the high pressure oil gush from the Macondo reservoir. The second bottom-hole blowout, breaking of the marine riser and sinking of the Deepwater Horizon (DWH), were clear subterfuge from within. How could the official investigations into the causes of this environmental disaster, miss out on all these?

The initial gas blowout (20 April 2010) which killed 11 drilling crew on the burning Deepwater Horizon rig, did not unleash the massive oil spill as BP and the government regulators had wanted us to believe. A detonated explosion within the well on the evening of 22 April, shortly after 2200z (1700 CDT) did.

bklim.newsvine.com...

edit on 2-2-2012 by BK Lim because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by BK Lim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Hey Kat I got your back! I will be collecting info...that was a great video. I do still have have many ship logs up
until we spoke this fall as they disappeared again & also some o the main pages changed as not to allow
much public information. Glad to be back!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

Hi BK! Good to see you again! You always have such informative posts....this has been forgotten for the most part, except for those of us living in the area.
Don't you just love these "BP Paid" commercials???
THIS is just a sample of the commercials BP is putting out....

This one makes me hungry for "Oil Drenched Shrimp with Corexit Sauce" Mmmmmmm

This one really ticks me off.....I wouldn't go into that poison water if you paid me! They certainly have some nerve, I'll give them that!

BTW....my cousin owned a seafood shop before the "spill".....he lost his business because of it. He has YET to get compensation from BP. He had to hire a lawyer, and if they don't pay by the end of the month, they have to go to court! BP is hoping that if they drag it out long enough, people will give up.....

Here's the commercial they SHOULD be showing

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Hey Ektar! I appreciate that!
It's really difficult to get any information now. What ships seem to be in that area? I saw DD 1 there just recently.....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Thanks StealthyKat for this thread.

I don't live near the Gulf and I admit, with so much going on in the world it's hard to follow everything that matters to you. I have long suspected that this well or wells have been leaking oil and have heard whispers to this effect in various different places.

Mostly I just wanted to comment to say that I will be following this thread, and I hope those who have offered to seek out and post new information follow through.

Thanks to those of you who follow this issue closely and keep it fresh in our memories. It hurts to think about but ignoring problems only makes them worse.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Anymore updates?

I wish some people from ATS on the coast could go in the area with a boat/plane with a camera and make a little on-the-ground report...

Would be nice.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

That is good questions and I will ask him. I am in the gulf area I am in the freeport area at the moment and travel often to over to Louisiana

Talk with your friend yet?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Oil seeps all the time from the Gulf sea bed. Oil prospecting in the Gulf is like shooting ducks in a barrel, they send down a submersibel with a camera, look for a seep, and drill.
There are now 17,000 capped wells in the Gulf, you think none of them leak either?
Seep survey map:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN

There are now 17,000 capped wells in the Gulf, you think none of them leak either?

It;s pretty well documented that lots of old wellheads in the gulf are leaking.

I think the concern here is that there is little verifiable (actually, none) evidence to show they actually plugged their wellhead as they claimed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join