It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Showing hole in seafloor in the Gulf spewing oil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I just came across this video, which clearly shows a huge hole in the seafloor of the Gulf of Mexico SPEWING oil . This is NOT the well they capped. This oil appears to be coming from the riser, below the seafloor. As many of you know, we are still seeing oil in the Gulf, and animals are still dying. BP insists there is no oil leaking....but people are seeing it floating on the surface of the Gulf STILL.....and what about this video? This video was taken AFTER they "capped" the relief well "D" in September 2011

and another bit of news....BP apparently did a BOP test on relief well "D"...just recently, when people were reporting fresh oil still coming from the area. Only problem is....the IS NO BOP on that well. How can they test a BOP on a capped well? Yet, that is what the documents say. In the video below, you can see there is no BOP anywhere near that well. WARNING ....turn volume down to avoid music track

Here is a link to more info
bpoil.wordpress.com...
edit on 1/21/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I call BS ... Date stamp on the vid shows 4/23/10...not Oct 2011

Just sayin

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

It was posted in October.....sorry about that, I didn't notice. However, it still shows a hole which is NOT the well. It's coming from the riser. I live on the Gulf Coast, and I can tell you that the oil is still coming from that site. Fisherman are hauling up fish with bloody sores on them, Those commercials BP has out now are complete BS. I wouldn't swim in that water for anything. So.....even though the date is different, it doesn't make it BS.....it still shows a hole in the seafloor. Just like Matt Simmons (who mysteriously died) said all along.....there is still oil coming from somewhere because there are photos of the oil slicks and scientists have been there and collected samples from it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Oh not sayin I don't believe you that oil is still gushing into the Gulf, even though I don't live there I have not doubt that it probably is. Just sayin this vid is not evidence of that as 'currently happening' as the date stamp is from 2 years ago...In order for this to be used as 'evidence' the date stamp would need to match up with the timeframe in question, ie Oct 2011.

Again, just an observation .... don't be surprised to get flamed on the date mismatch...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I changed the title and OP to correct that the dates were different....sorry about that.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

Yeah....I'm waiting for it! Still though.....the video shows the fact that oil is coming from a source other than the well, which is what I want the thread to be about.....and the testing of the non exisitant BOP in video 2. Regardless of the date of the first video, it does show that Matt Simmons was right.....and the oil was and is still coming from a source other that well.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Hey StealthyKat. Yanno it's weird, I grew up being taught that oil was a finite resource and was running out all over the planet. Since being on ATS I have seen much evidence that seems to point to the contrary. Old wells and fields becoming active, new discoveries still happening, although possibly more slowly than when I was young. It's like they can't drill this stuff out quick enough and when they do...BOOM! It seems as if the stuff is literally jumping to get out of the ground... or is it just me?

Uh, more on-topic, I think that Gulf disaster is probably the stupidest and most arrogant mistake the oil industry has made so far. Like they didn't know the risk, and the difficulty of applying a "band-aid" to the surface of the sea floor, 3 or 5 miles deep.... sheesh! With madmen like these in control of policy it's a wonder any of us are still alive. We don't need war, bombs, diseases...FRACK THE PLANET!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I know, there are just vast amounts of it, and especially since they went so deep. I think they may have tapped into something that won't ever stop. Some of the experts are saying that due to the pressure, these cracks and holes will just keep getting larger....I hope that's not the case.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I never realised how bad oil was either. Simple things like it being quite simply a toxic substance to come into contact with. I forgot already if it's carcinogenic, just toxic or both but know enough now to stay away. All those nice sanitised images we saw of unprotected workers on the "clean up" are probably quite a contrast to how some of them look today.

"The average age of a person working in Valdez was fifty-one and they're mostly dead now," says Arlen Braud, the attorney representing the Louisiana plaintiffs. "One of my clients had severe migraines and respiratory problems after traveling near the dispersants. It's so arrogant: a UK company using a chemical banned in the UK for endangering the food chain." According to Braud, BP is "telling workers 'you can't have lawyers and talk to us,'" possibly because "lawyers might warn people about the health effects ten years down the road."

Source

Yeah, I'm quite confident they all know what they are doing and have learned from the past...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Kat,

I have a good friend of mine who worked in the command center and he said it is still leaking and the concern is still the sea floor collapsing.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

I don't doubt it.....I wish they still had those ROVs down there......if you have any other info, please share. It is impossible to find out anything anymore except BP's lame "Everything's great! Comon down!" commercials.....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Those pics still get me everytime I see them.....on BP's commercials, they show all the wildlife flourishing and happy. What they are NOT showing you is the dead Dolphins still washing up, dead baby fish, shrimp being born without eyes, and fish being caught with bleeding blisters on their bodies etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Kat,

Give me a list of questions and I will get him to answer them. He did tell me he seen the blackout feeds and that is when they did the survey of the seafloor. Yes I agree we need a 3rd party to do some ROV work out at the well site. If someone has an rov I will take them out for free! He also told me about a coworker at the command center "killed himself" and they wanted something else to happen to get the eyes off the gulf.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Ask him about this hole in the seafloor gushing oil. Do they still monitor that area with ROVs? If so, why aren't they public anymore? Also, what about the idea of the seafloor collapsing? Is it really that bad? I know, a lot of questions, but that's what I want to know. Are you in the Gulf area?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

That is good questions and I will ask him. I am in the gulf area I am in the freeport area at the moment and travel often to over to Louisiana

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Are there any no-fly zones currently active over the Gulf of Mexico, or areas otherwise closed to the public?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I found one of the youtube comments interesting...

The video is dated 4/23/2010, so it's an old video recorded by Oceaneering International. The riser wasn't even there, just a big blown-out hole! I'm amazed that they so-called "capped it" at all.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Thanks....let me know what he says....I really appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rich Z

Honestly, I don't know...but I'll look into it. I know that there are biologists going out there, and that is how they know about the oil there, and collected samples which match the BP Macondo well. I'll see if I can find out.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

That's why the date of the video really doesn't matter....the hole was there THEN, and Matt Simmons said that before he "died".....he said that the extreme pressure of the oil and gas gushing out would only cause it to get larger and larger..... ugggh .....it makes me sick to think of it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join