It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Disk in the waters around the Mysterious Johnston Atoll, in the middle of Pacific Ocean.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
THE DISK

What is this? A structure, a natural formation or something that hover above the ocean?
I found this strange circular structure/object in the water of Johnston Atoll.

This remote place is classified as "Territory not incorporated of the United States" under control and military jurisdiction of Navy, that is does not allow the complete application of the American Constitution. Nearby the atoll, there are also very unusual and symmetrical channels or hidden submerged structures that are artificials. The entire atoll is artificial. In fact, other islands, Akau and Hikina, from 1940' to 1960' growth and built by dradging. The entire area was a nuclear and chemical weapons test site and a waste storage facility JACADS.
Strangely, this area is also incorporated in 2009 in the Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument

There were "rumors" of a "Secret Diplomatic Meeting" between, Aliens and governments representetives right in 2009 . The Story

A very remote and mysterious place where to transact secret business....

To Mods: feel free to move in appropriate forum.
Thx

edit on 21-1-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This could be a concrete post for a lighthouse. But it would not make much sense here. Nice thread and links, have to read them..

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Interesting! In reading a bit of history that place has been used for everything from nuclear bomb tests, spy satellite launches to chemical weapons dumping area. Its hard to say what that is, it could honestly be related to any of the things I just listed.

However, I bet there is still enough nastiness around there to keep people at bay.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
There seems to be several of these strategically placed around the world.

Probably radar platforms strategically placed by our military to monitor foreign naval activity - like AWACs.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow,that's strange...could be some kind of containment boon covering something protruding from the ocean floor....I noticed from the second pic there is another to the far right.....weird or what?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
kewl find
interesting looking place
thanks for bringing it up ...

now I will go read more

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Never really read much on the atoll until now, I knew it was used for military purposes, but not much more than that.

This is what I learned:

The atoll is no longer under control of the US Navy, it is controlled now by United States Fish and Wildlife Service of the Department of the Interior as part of the Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument. President Bush reclassified it in 2009.

The size of the atoll has increased from its original size through coral dredging to make room for the naval infrastructure. (This would for the seemingly man-made features shown in the video, they ARE man made.)

As far as the circular disk, no clue what that could be, but it is probably something related to the dredging or perhaps it is a canister left over frm the chemical weapons incineration that occurred there in 2003.

Thanks Wikipedia for not being blacked out today.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
never heard of this location but I can totally see it being some sort of forward-supply base for our submarine/naval fleets - hence the runway.

Looks fairly modernized as well for simply a "former test site"

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ok well I am usually the last person to bring something like this up, but I do believe I have found an anomaly here.

Looking in google maps at some sat images of the atoll, there does appear to be some altering to the image.
In my post above stated that the 'man-made' images in the video were probably because they are manmade structures due to the dredging.

I still think they are, but this is what I found interesting

Do these images appear to have brushstrokes in them from photoshop or another imaging program?

These are the two smaller outlying islands from the main atoll where the airstrip is located.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
When they dredge coral to build up the various islands it'll leave scars that would take hundreds or even thousands of years to cover up completely.Nothing suspicious I can see from here,except evidence of where we raped the seafloor in the interest of progress.
If it had been Photoshopped they'd have gone to a lot more trouble than getting someone with no P/S experience at all to do it.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is what it'd look like if it had been Photoshopped,this is about a minutes work with the clone stamp tool....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Silly aliens ocean is for fish

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Floating Heli-pad?... on holidays?

Could be anything really.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Could be a part of the Pacific SOSUS/IUSS sonar networks. Given that location and it's history, I'd expect to see some oddball stuff in the waters around it, actually. The tourist attraction that Area 51 has become over the years just has pretty signs people can take pictures of and say they were there.

A place like this, I'm guessing, has no signs and doesn't give warnings if your in too close. Hence...some weird stuff I'd think is either Sonar related or some other form of security to keep private things truly private.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I hope youare not seeing odd white vans parked around your neighbourhood lately Arken.....you may be getting too close.....
This is indeed an interesting place, and it would be nice to get something from fisheries and oceans dept on whats going on out there ....
Shouldnt be a problem right?
OK so whos gonna ask em?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
dredging coral, why would they do that? the atoll is obviously a dirty place and the military have pissed off, Arken may just have hit on something here, but what?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
That's probably where they launched the rockets for the high altitude nuclear tests back in the 50s and 60s.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
dredging coral, why would they do that? the atoll is obviously a dirty place and the military have pissed off, Arken may just have hit on something here, but what?

They dredged to increase the size of the islands......
familypedia.wikia.com...
It's now nothing more sinister than a nature reserve.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It looks too perfectly made to be a natural formation. I could agree with the lighthouse foundation as it would be a good place for one, but it's almost too perfectly round even for that. There's nothing mysterious about the channel as it could have been made for ships to get in close.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yeah so is area 51.....lots of nature reserved there too..............
I think it may be still operational in some fashion....how can we find out?
The place looks like a good place to gide some special access program.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join