It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because TWOs Are ONEs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
These verses used to be as a riddle to me:

Matthew 24

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

But now I got it! It's because the two are actually one person in each quote. To better understand: Take two people and you then come to find out that the two people are actually the same one person in some kind of split or fold format. This is the format each living person is in. The other left is the two since the one is taken. Let me put this one more way to help you get an understanding of what I figured out last night: One person is accepted (taken) rather than two persons, even though it may only seem as though it is two seperate persons right in your eye sights. Take one page made out of paper and fold it down the center... Now you have what seems like two pages when in actuality it just one page.

It only takes one set of hands at a mill to man that mill. Somehow what the other you is doing you are doing even though it doesn't seem like it.

Anyone see what I mean?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
No, I dont get what you mean.

Its all clear to me, 2 people in the field, 1 is taken and the other left there = 2 people

so, what is the problem actually ?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You can't see me but I'm motioning my hand over my head, as in, way over my head.

So you are saying the description of two is actually just one. We all have split personalities or something and only one personality will be taken? F.Y.I. I can't fold down the center. I tried it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

These verses used to be as a riddle to me:

How is that verse a riddle? There are 4 people in it, two are taken, two are left behind. If you want to get really funky, look at the Greek word for "taken" and see if it's in a loving way or taken as in forcibly taken by the police.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

Matthew 24

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

But now I got it! It's because the two are actually one person in each quote. To better understand: Take two people and you then come to find out that the two people are actually the same one person in some kind of split or fold format. This is the format each living person is in. The other left is the two since the one is taken. Let me put this one more way to help you get an understanding of what I figured out last night: One person is accepted (taken) rather than two persons, even though it may only seem as though it is two seperate persons right in your eye sights. Take one page made out of paper and fold it down the center... Now you have what seems like two pages when in actuality it just one page.

It only takes one set of hands at a mill to man that mill. Somehow what the other you is doing you are doing even though it doesn't seem like it.

Anyone see what I mean?

Is this some type of new math?

I think you're overthinking this.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Hi WarJohn.

The interpretation of those 2 verses that you explained is similar to gnostic teachings. Here are some quick examples from The Gospel of Thomas:

22. Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

23. Jesus said, "I shall choose you, one from a thousand and two from ten thousand, and they will stand as a single one."

11. Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away.

The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. During the days when you ate what is dead, you made it come alive. When you are in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one, you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

4. Jesus said, "The person old in days won't hesitate to ask a little child seven days old about the place of life, and that person will live.

For many of the first will be last, and will become a single one."

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Cool.

Those quotes make much sense to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

You are correct good sir...

Though im not sure why it was a riddle...

More fun with scripture...

1/ Let us then wait for the kingdom of God, from hour to hour, in love and righteousness, seeing that we know not the day of the appearing of God. /2/ For when the Lord himself was asked by someone when the kingdom would come, he said, "When the two shall be one, and the outside as the inside, and the male with the female neither male nor female." Now "the two are one" when we speak with one another in truth, and there is but one soul on two bodies without dissimulation. /4/ And by "the outside as the inside" he means this, that the the inside is the soul, and the outside is the body. Therefore, just as your body is visible, so let your soul be apparent in your good works. /5/ And by "the male with the female neither male nor female" he means this, that when a brother sees a sister he should have no thought of her as female, nor she of whim as male. /6/ When you do this, he says, the kingdom of my Father will come.

edit on 21-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by WarJohn

1/ Let us then wait for the kingdom of God, from hour to hour, in love and righteousness, seeing that we know not the day of the appearing of God. /2/ For when the Lord himself was asked by someone when the kingdom would come, he said, "When the two shall be one, and the outside as the inside, and the male with the female neither male nor female." Now "the two are one" when we speak with one another in truth, and there is but one soul on two bodies without dissimulation. /4/ And by "the outside as the inside" he means this, that the the inside is the soul, and the outside is the body. Therefore, just as your body is visible, so let your soul be apparent in your good works. /5/ And by "the male with the female neither male nor female" he means this, that when a brother sees a sister he should have no thought of her as female, nor she of whim as male. /6/ When you do this, he says, the kingdom of my Father will come.

That's not in scripture. That sounds like it came from one of the 4th century Gnostic books.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by WarJohn

That's not in scripture. That sounds like it came from one of the 4th century Gnostic books.

I said scripture... i didn't say "the bible"...

Believe it or not "scripture" is a very broad term... and it doesn't always mean "your bible"... i know thats what i means to you christians... but remember... Not everyone believes what you do...

Scripture can mean any religious text from any source...

Just because you don't accept it, doesn't mean others don't...

Its from 2nd clement by the way...

Why do i feel like i should be sticking my tongue out at you now

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The Gospel of Thomas dates somewhere between 30-110 C.E. This makes it the same age or older than Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

The Gospel of Thomas dates somewhere between 30-110 C.E. This makes it the same age or older than Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

Only a few scholars date it to the first century, and they are not in the majority. The Gnostics wrote their books and attributed them to apostles or people close to Jesus and that's one of the reasons why the early church rejected them.

edit on 21-1-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Believe it or not "scripture" is a very broad term... and it doesn't always mean "your bible"... i know thats what i means to you christians... but remember... Not everyone believes what you do...

This thread is about the Bible.

"Clement" as in Clement of Alexandria??

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Incorrect...

this thread is about a few verses within the bible that that confused the OP... yet no longer does... He said nothing about what scripture must be used within this thread

I simply offered clarification....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

"Clement" as in Clement of Alexandria??

en.wikipedia.org...

3And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

Or perhaps you are like me, and don't consider paul's work at all? ... I have no use for it... but paul seems to condone His work...

What say you my friend?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No, that's not Clement of Alexandria. That's Clement of Rome you're talking about, He was Peter's direct disciple.

His works could not have been included in the NT, He never met Jesus, nor was an apostle.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

No, that's not Clement of Alexandria. That's Clement of Rome you're talking about, He was Peter's direct disciple.

His works could not have been included in the NT, He never met Jesus, nor was an apostle.

I know that... i didn't say it was... you did...

and paul met Jesus once... yet managed to hijack the entire religion...

whats your point?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I didn't say it bro, I asked you.

and paul met Jesus once... yet managed to hijack the entire religion...

So, his meeting was not for doctrine, it was to prove to Paul He was risen and to stop persecuting the apostles. He was filled with the Holy Ghost, his ministry was quite extraordinary.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Thats nice...

I still have no need to deal with pauls work... Theres nothing within his books that Jesus didn't cover...

His work is useless to me... Though i do admire his views on love...

And im still waiting on a point to your last reply...

i didn't say it bro, i asked you

And i responded...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by WarJohn

Nicely said, I was going to write this, but seen you had added it!

new topics

top topics

join