It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do two computers on different outlits both go at the same time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Everything else is on, the monitors but both computers shut off at the same time. I was finally able to get the crappy computer work, but my gaming machine still won't turn on. And, I have tried fk everything. So, annoying. All my dang homework is on there. AGH.....Both shut off about 8:30 in morning.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

wqw strange both my vaio and my gaming pc are fine
but my ps3 its buging a lot of freezing since this afternoon

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Everything else is on, the monitors but both computers shut off at the same time. I was finally able to get the crappy computer work, but my gaming machine still won't turn on. And, I have tried fk everything. So, annoying. All my dang homework is on there. AGH.....Both shut off about 8:30 in morning.

Can't say for sure but this link might explain it.

today.msnbc.msn.com...

They are messing with the electrical grid this year. I have had 2 computers messed up, coffee pots, TV, my cooking stove will have weird surges (have it on med and it turns burner bright red or barely even heats up)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Is it storming by chance? If a computer shuts down own its own it can a few things such as overheating, power surge, a timer. Now for both of them to go off at the same time it would have to be power related, someone playing a joke, or paranormal

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I don't know but have you unplugged everything from it then hold down the power button for about 10-15 seconds? Then plug everything back up and restart. Cold boots the system. Hope that works.
edit on 21-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ugh, Brand new computer, dead. I swear Emachine is an Energizer bunny because out of 15 years this thing still works on it's last breath.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I don't know but have you unplugged everything from it then hold down the power button for about 10-15 seconds? Then plug everything back up and restart. Cold boots it. Hope that works.

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LerroyJenkins

Is it storming by chance? If a computer shuts down own its own it can a few things such as overheating, power surge, a timer. Now for both of them to go off at the same time it would have to be power related, someone playing a joke, or paranormal

No, The child and her mother were on both on my computers, the mother was playing Majong on one computer and her child was playing SIMS on my old computer. It stormed last night. But that was pretty much over and now it's sunny.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Assuming your outlets are in the same house/apartment; they are served by the same incoming power line. if there is equipment damage(power supply due to a voltage spike) though it's highly unlikely...

A Spike or surge technically could have arrived on the incoming service. Perhaps there was a drop in power from the utility forjust long enough to shut the computers down..You do have surge protectors for all your equipment...right? (just good practice). Possibly you picked up a virus ( software issue) if they are networked together.(?)

Unplug everything for a bit(15minutes) or so; check the outlets with a lamp or other "known good" device if it works fine; plug the computers back in and try again.)
Are computer case vents clear and fans running? ( overheat problem?)

edit on 21-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
bah, nothing on the new computer. No response.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Open the case of both PCs and unplug the ATX connector (the big one with two rows). Make shure you unpluged it from the socket before. Let it rest for some 5 Minutes. Connect the ATX connector and the power cable again. Turn the pc on. If this doesnt help, you can take out the batterie of the mainboard or connect the reset pins for a few seconds. It depends on your hardware. Look into the manual from your mobo.
edit on 21-1-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Try a different outlet.
Is there any response from the computer at all?
Next try a different power cord if that doesn't work.

Hopefully your powersupply didn't fry.

You can also take the CMOS battery out for a minute or two, and put it back in (youll lose any OC settings you have on it though) Then try.

Pop out your ram, and put the ram back in as well (this can be an issue when a computer is trying to turn on)
edit on 21/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I don't know but have you unplugged everything from it then hold down the power button for about 10-15 seconds? Then plug everything back up and restart. Cold boots it. Hope that works.

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks.

Also make sure you are getting a post (should beep) if it does beep but doesnt boot up. What kind of beeps are you getting. One long beep, three short beeps?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Try a different outlet.
Is there any response from the computer at all?
Next try a different power cord if that doesn't work.

Hopefully your powersupply didn't fry.

I changed the power supply on both of them. There brand new and I just ordered them. I'll try another power cord, haven't tried that. Both PS are 500W

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LerroyJenkins

I get no power at all, and no beeps.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Sister and her daughter are computer illiterate, they know nothing about BIOS.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sorry slow edit:

Open the case of both PCs and unplug the ATX connector (the big one with two rows). Make shure you unpluged it from the socket before. Let it rest for some 5 Minutes. Connect the ATX connector and the power cable again. Turn the pc on. If this doesnt help, you can take out the batterie of the mainboard or connect the reset pins for a few seconds. It depends on your hardware. Look into the manual from your mobo.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Did that already.

it blinked one time, then died again. The only response I got was from the DVD drive.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
take out the RAM, press and hold the power button for a good 5-10 seconds. Put the RAM back in. Boot up if that doesn't work try getting a booting from a flash drive operating system and if that doesn't work new hard, might be a trojan in there. try on both

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Haha funny to reach to ATS for help desk support. Better than some gateway india guy. Anyway

I agree with what most are saying on here. But to make it simple and less of a headache, First try and whole different plug in general. Even another room. Then open it up. All you have to look for is a green light somewhere on the MB. If there is no light then you got power supply issues. Whatever caused it to turn off maybe fried something. If it does have a light but no boot, no post. It still sounds power supply related. There are tools to check the voltage but that's your call if you want to spend the money. Then if you want to get dirty you can start unplugging wires but if the PS is fired then you have to just buy a new one
GL with your pc. I know how it feels. I need my video games. And stars wars isnt going to play its self.

Also last but not least, just a thought, check the breaker.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join