It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Date: Over 100 Foreigners Taken Hostage in Iraq (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Since the end of major combat operations in Iraq, over 100 foreign nationals have been taken hostage by militants attempting to drive out coalition forces.

news.yahoo.com
Insurgents in Iraq (news - web sites) have kidnapped more than 100 foreigners in their campaign to drive out coalition forces and hamper reconstruction:

Italian aid workers Simona Pari and Simona Torretta. Abducted in Baghdad on Sept. 7.

_Christian Chesnot, 37, and George Malbrunot, 41, French journalists. Disappeared Aug. 21 while apparently driving toward Najaf.

_Aytullah Gezmen, of Turkey. Kidnapped July 27 or 28. Worked for Bilintur, Turkish company providing laundry service for Jordanian firm in Iraq.

_Faridoun Jihani, Iranian consul to Karbala. In video made public Aug. 7, kidnappers accuse Iran of meddling in Iraq's affairs.

_Vlada Abu Ghadi, Lebanese director of Lara construction company. Abducted July 31 in Baghdad.

_Raad Adnan, Iraqi general director of government-owned Al-Mansour Contracting Co. Kidnapped July 24.

_Rifat Mohammed Rifat, of Canada. Prison worker. Abducted April 8.

_Aban Elias, 41, Iraqi-American. Held since May 3 by group calling itself the Islamic Rage Brigade.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I knew that alot of people had been taken but had no idea it was over 100. Included in this list is an Iranian diplomat and countries like Canada and France who were not part of the coalition that toppled Saddam. My question is how do you rebuild the country without making people ripe for this type of action?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
And the world is "A safer place" under US invasion in Iraq. The irony just makes me gag.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I knew that alot of people had been taken but had no idea it was over 100.

I thought it was even more of that.
I kept track of them for a while in a thread but then I got lazy.
Iraq Hostages and MIAs. April - June 12 2004

join