It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining Jihad. SOPA is working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Wanted to re-watch the movie - I am a traveler so I don't carry the DVDs - they are heavy, believe me. Used a site www.megaupload.com - it displays a nice FBI warning now - check this out. Now, they pi$$ed me off for real. I wonder if anyone thinks this way.
Well, www.rapidshare.com is still there, it is German. Germans, if you read this, I take back all the nasty things I told about you (nah, I never did) :-)
edit on 21-1-2012 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yeah, the US government was pissed that SOPA/PIPA was shut down by the internet community.

So they went and took down megaupload.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So then it would seem they dont need sopa or pipa to do exactly what they want to do anyway. Makes me wonder just what sopa and pipa are really about since the OBVIOUSLY dont need them in the first place!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I so wish there was away to "virtually" crumple this seizure notice up and throw it in government face. It would just make me feel all warm and toasty inside.

ATS watch out, your on the governments $%#* list and doesn't look like they need SOPA to do the deed.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So another thief is upset that the government shut down his fencing operation. can't say as I have much sympathy for thieves.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
# the MPAA.

We should all start filing mass lawsuits against the entertainment industry for every little thing they do. Bring them down with their own weapons. The only "artists" and "creativity" that exists anymore is suppressed by rich babies who make trash and expect us to buy it, or prosecute us when we don't want it. It's the saddest and most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

ATS watch out, your on the governments $%#* list and doesn't look like they need SOPA to do the deed.

This is why ATS has rules about plagiarism. 10% of an articla or 3 paragraphs, whichever is less. Plus they require sources be cited. Any blatant plagiarism will get your thread promptly removed. ATS doesn't allow file sharing either. You can link to YouTube, but they pretty, much police themselves on things like copyright material.

The SOPA and PIPA were about copyright infringement. At least supposedly...lol. ATS is about denying ignorance and freedom of speech. At least within the T&C. The government has no legitimate reason to come after ATS. That's why this site has some strictly enforced rules. Some may not like them, but they ate there to protect OUR site from things like what got megaupload.com.

join