It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening Peoples Eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Interested to see how many people on ATS have tried to talk to friends and family about subjects on this site. Even my closest friends are looking at me like I am turning into a fruitcake.

Then again maybe it is me that’s losing the plot.

I have tried to get people to open there eyes just a little bit and spend the time doing a little research on world events. Things such as 9/11 to the current build up to possible war with Iran. Not trying to force facts or statements on any issue, but to get them to spend 5 or 10 minutes of their time looking at the world, away from traditional forced news and media.

No matter what subject, I get that look of amazement and then ridicule. From what I can see is that the majority of the people in the world will never believe anything other than what they are told by the media.

Prime example was from two friends I was out with last night, whom I had asked if they were aware of the recently escalating tensions with Iran, etc. Neither had a clue about it, most likely because it had not been mentioned on the BBC when they watched it for all of 5 minutes one night.

One person I talk to often agrees with a lot of the topics I bring up, but also like many his reply is, so what, there is nothing anybody can do about it so why even discuss it.

Got me wondering how many people on this site are in the same position as me, trying to open eyes a little bit, but cant.

Have now decided that I will never discuss what I have or may find anymore. When the closest to you think you’re talking out your arse, what chance is there.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
dont give up hope 1 day they will remember your words and realise for themselfs whats happening on this planet
i recently joined this site and have found many many topics intresting and to my suprise my gf has started sharing an intrest in what iv been reading

all you can do as far as others in my opinion is stand strong in your own personal belief and 1 day when there ready to accept and understand things will come good

some people just cannot and wont comprehend certain subjects and the harsh reality of said subjects as the media pump disinformation so much people cant see the woods for the trees

1 day everybody will know the truth
thats what i cling onto and will allways do

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

I don't tell anyone.

If their not ready to open their eyes, or if they are to ignorant to want to try and understand what is really going on around them, then tough tittys.
If their too shallow and vein to think of anyone but themselves then tough tittys, If they are too stupid to think for themselves tough tittys...

In a way i think its a form of natural selection, only we are the selected. yey us

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

I know of what you speak. I got tired of the condescending "OH - for a moment there, I thought you were normal - but clearly you are crazy" look a long time ago. However, that did not stop me from talking about things - I just try and keep in mind that I cannot expect my friends and family to always want to hear about it. Just like I don't always want to hear about things that they deem important. It's a give and take - like with everything else in life.

So keep on talking! Even if they don't thank you one day for alerting them to something truly important, at least it should be entertaining for them - if nothing else!

On a serious note, I think it simply scares the crap out of most people to think that far outside of their comfort zones. For most people, it took far too long to convince themselves that everything is ok to go back on it now. If they considered even for a moment that there was more going on than meets the eye, they might have to consider that they were *gasp* wrong about something - and no one likes to be wrong. Better that you are wrong and/or crazy than them, you know?

I say keep your head up, and your eyes, ears and mouth OPEN.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

My best friend and I share an interest in all that is ATS. If I try to tell other people....their eyes glaze over.

However...recently I had a doctors appointment...and I was telling him some information...he asked me where I got it...and then I told him about ATS. He wrote down the name of the website and said he was going to look at it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

I hold the stance that you have to remain vigilant, and be oober-prepared with the real facts on certain issues that are well sourced.. I try not to be too expressive with my opinions around my family and friends, but when a topic comes up, I murder everyone in the room and when you throw hardcore stuff at them that IS well-sourced and just not covered in the media, nobody can touch you.. And people begin to QUESTION MORE.

That is my biggest argument to everyone, question EVERYTHING you hear or read regarding shady news or politics..

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I tried sharing this a few times but yeah, that "you're crazy" look is creepy, I can't stand it. Basically what happened is I gave up and only talk about it with a few friends but only when they bring it up. You see, lately I've been playing the role of a total loner (forever alone meme), because it seems like everyone else around me just doesn't give a rats' ass about anything that is going on around them except that which directly affects them in the present or that may do so in the near future. It's the common sense of our "era", Agent Smith's style you know? "Me, me, me... Me too!".

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by paulorf86

I too have a few friends that I can discuss topics from ATS with. When I've tried to discuss things from this site with other people, who seem to indicate from what they say about certian topics that they have opened their eyes to what's going on in the world, I find that they only see a small part of the big picture. I know what you mean about "the Look". Man do I hate that look.

top topics

join