It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on SOPA, PIPA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is what I am thinking why the government wants to control the internet. Our next generation gets all our news from the internet; our next voting generation that is. They are doing their best to try to select our presidents for us, and if the next voting group has a fully informed decision from the internet, they are unable to control who they elect. They are already seeing what is happening with Ron Paul and his army of young supporters like myself.

It is their last desperation and gasp of air that they are attempting to control information for their own nefarious purposes. They know in 4-8 years from now, the next two voting blocks will be getting the majority of their information from the internet, it is what they fear.

Ladies and gentlemen, keep up the fight, it is not over yet. They must scrap SOPA, and PIPA for ever, not things like 'putting on ice,' or wait...etc. It must be killed for good.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
They're created for the same reason as to why Kings/Queens censored the printing press. Information can topple systems when the people are enlightened.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
United we stand or divided we fall. Don't be afraid to be inconvenienced. Until millions of people call their ISP providers and tell them if SOPA/PIPA goes through that you will cancel your service, the gov will charge forward with this nonsense.I will cancel my service if SOPA/PIPA becomes law. It is fast becoming not worth it when I have to censor my own thoughts.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
That is why I have a digital library. If any body needs any knowledge and information. I can provide you with the textbooks to educate your future in case they censor all these technical subjects.

If anyone needs a book or chapter on a particular science subject, I am your man

edit on 21-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: Revealed too much information

edit on 21-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Wasnt the bible kept only for the the priests. Knowledge is power. TPTB didnt think this internet thing through fast enough.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
That is why I have a digital library. If any body needs any knowledge and information. I can provide you with the textbooks to educate your future in case they censor all these technical subjects.

If anyone needs a book or chapter on a particular science subject, I am your man

edit on 21-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: Revealed too much information

Great Idea, but you had better have some kind of solar recharging to access that information. I have been doing the same thing, accumulating 1000s of text and reference books and mobile devices to read them on that use very little electricity. Looking at solar rechargers now...

Of course, you had better keep the devices in a faraday cage, like a microwave oven too. One good EMP (which Newt has written about) will undo the best laid plans.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OsirisIndigo

I already have a solar charger and a small laptop capable of reading them
I also have an inverter in my vehicle for electric power

I use ibooks, and chmmate on my iphone for my books that I can read. A full charge on a mobile phone can last you a good week if you turn it off at times when unecessary.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This morning CNN said that the SOPA / PIPA legislation was killed and will not come up again for a vote because too many people had issues with it. Yeah, that and five bucks will buy me a Happy Meal. A dead bill, and a shelved bill, are two different things.

How much do you want to bet that some other disaster will come up, and when everybody is distracted, they'll hold a quick vote in the dead of night and suddenly the "anti-piracy" draconian legislation is law?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

very true. I have the same ideas. I havent gotten a solar charger yet, but working on it. I have the Iphone, Ipod touch, 2 Ipads, A nook color and Nook touch, two netbooks and 4 laptop harddrives full of books, music and videos.

I do have the invertor for the car, but that wont help us if there is large enough EMP.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
TPTB didnt think this internet thing through fast enough.

The Internet was created by DARPA those evil military geniuses that are working on the Borg (really)

So they let it run free, get everyone hooked on the opiate of forums blogs and chat rooms...

Then they shut it down...

Now the masses are lost sheep needing a fix... and will do ANYTHING to get it back...

They knew EXACTLY what they were doing...

Think I am wrong? How many here could turn of their internet, ipod and video game and live without it for a month?

Uh huh... thought so

edit on 22-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I already have a solar charger and a small laptop capable of reading them
I also have an inverter in my vehicle for electric power

Cool...

I have a huge library of REAL books
and a support group that knows real skills like sword making, brewing and surviving in comfort. No EMP can mess with our stuff And while you guys are wearing rags, we have our own loom to make fabric fit for a King

If the SHTF for real, your digital library will be as useful as the Dropa Stones

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
You and I must be on the same wave-length as I just started a thread with this same theory (more focused on the current GOP primaries and Ron Paul though).

But yes SOPA/PIPA is an attempt to control the growing global consciousness online.

When labels and stereotypes are applied to all cultures on this planet it's easy to forget that we're all just humans.

The internet changes this.

top topics

join