It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ga. judge orders president to appear at hearing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

The Supreme Court might have to re-visit that judgment. If Obama is ruled ineligible to run again, I suspect there will be widespread civil disorder.

Public reaction is not at issue.

The law is what is at issue.

The court could not, would not, possibly base a decision on what might please the masses. That would be legislating from the bench, a bad thing. The court is limited to interpreting the law as passed by the congress.

Congress makes the law. President (executive branch) executes and enforces the law. And then we have the CIA, not sure what they do.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Annee

Face his accusers? For what?

The wording of the Constitution?

What better purpose to face one's accusers than over the wording of the document you swore to uphold and defend?

TheRedneck

Because - - it really has nothing to do with Obama.

Not until they clear up the wording of the Constitution - - and determine what Natural Born is - - Again!

I consider this a technicality in the same line as McCain's situation. But McCain's was handled correctly and with dignity. As this should be.

This is really stupid.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Maybe he's going to the wrong Georgia... as in the nation instead of the state.

After all, geography isn't his strong suite. 60 states, remember?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I won't and can't even discuss this issue seriously because there is nothing serious to discuss. You've turned your entire political and judicial system into one big joke, don't expect the rest of the world to take you seriously anymore...

American soap opera...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee,

Because a bunch of modern people, educated in the public schools do not know what that phrase means does not matter.

The Judge is going to know exactly what it means. Because he studied. He read the same books the founders did when he was in freshman classes in law school. And he had to pass a test on that stuff, what is it, the bar exam. Alligator of a test.

He is going to know what is right. The question is can we handle the truth...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Public reaction will be an issue. Because, for many, the sight of a black man, the serving President, being ruled ineligible to stand because one of his parents was born outside the USA ... a circumstance shared with other Presidents ... that will be enough for them to leave the democratic process altogether and to take that law of yours into their own hands.

Judges have been strung up for less.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by Annee

Annee,

Because a bunch of modern people, educated in the public schools do not know what that phrase means does not matter.

The Judge is going to know exactly what it means. Because he studied. He read the same books the founders did when he was in freshman classes in law school. And he had to pass a test on that stuff, what is it, the bar exam. Alligator of a test.

He is going to know what is right. The question is can we handle the truth...

It has to do with the wording of the Constitution. Which has been challenged before. Challenging the Constitution is every one's right.

I doubt they will get any further then anyone else who has challenged Natural Born citizen - - but they have the right to do it.

Making this an Obama issue is stupid.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If this judge moves decisively, and it looks like that is his intention, I know it's Orion's. And if Obama is found ineligible by the courts and the decision is adhered to by the Secretary of State or Director of Elections (whoever determine's a candidates eligibility in GA). He won't be on the ballot. It may make its way to the State Supreme Court, after an appeal.

To reverse a standing decision made by the U.S. Supreme Court could very likely be long and drawn out case. It would be a totally different case.

This has got to be the touchiest case I could ever imagine.

I for one will never believe that Obama did not know about this possible challenge. He claimed to be a Constitution expert.

edit on 1/21/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I have no memory of judges being strung up here.

We respect our judges.

Even when they make bonehead decisions.

Of course being a birther, I guess I am in a bubble. So I could be wrong about that.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Textreply to post by TheRedneck

I agree with everything you said except, I don't think the birth certificate issue is silky. What I do think is silly is what his attorneys have submitted for proff of birth. You cam definitely tell that no expert prepared this for them that's for sure.
I'm a Sr Computet Programmer of 20+ years and the .pdf, when picked apart by experts is so fake it's, as you say, Silly. I would say the person(s) that created it for them highest level of education in the subject would be from a low level Jr. Or Community College. It's laughable how poorly constructed it is.
Anyway, God Bless you for having the courage to speak your mind, and to everyone on this site. We know we're being watched now and most could care less.
God Bless the U.S.A. And the soldiers that join for the right reasons.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It has to do with the wording of the Constitution. Which has been challenged before. Challenging the Constitution is every one's right.

No, not Obama's right.

In fact he, and I, and most of my friends, held up our hands and swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic...

We have to accept it as written.

Only the congress, and or the states can change the constitution.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

You are fun!
Yeah, he'd fit right in the other Georgia.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

States and congress? Not people elected to office? You know, PEOPLE. Are you suggesting these things are not people doing the challenges? My state never challenged anything. People running it have. People, like you and me.

Your posts intrigue me a great deal as they seem just the other side of some strange fantasy land.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

No, not Obama's right.

In fact he, and I, and most of my friends, held up our hands and swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic...

I said nothing about changing it.

I said anyone can challenge it.

I have to accept a 200+ year old document as written? Then why are there amendments?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kristinaso

Navy Chiefs support and defend the constitution as written.

Obama too. He promised.

Maybe you can change it. Founders made it difficult to do, intentionally. There is a long process. The changes have to be ratified by a certain number of states. It is a huge deal.

I would not choose to change it. I believe in it, just the way it is.

Why don't you and Annee go over to wikipedia and bring back the procedure to change the constitution. Annee, amendments are changes.

edit on 21-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 21-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I'm pretty sure that Obama will be able to get out of this court date.... He definietly has more important things to do, than show up for some stupid court date.... People need to drop this birth certificate conspiracy already, our country becomes obsessed with such stupid sh*t, there are WAY bigger issues right now...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Why don't you and Annee go over to wikipedia and bring back the procedure to change the constitution.

I said anyone can challenge it.

It has amendments - - - obviously it can be changed.

This particular case is about interpretation and ruling on what already exists.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well, I told you what I think.

Maybe we can get some other opinions here.

Put it to the peanut gallery, you lurkers out there.

Constitution subject to interpretation by a judge in Georgia? Blow it off? Just to keep the peace?

What say you?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Constitution subject to interpretation by a judge in Georgia? Blow it off? Just to keep the peace?

What say you?

Where did I say anything like that?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
I won't and can't even discuss this issue seriously because there is nothing serious to discuss. You've turned your entire political and judicial system into one big joke, don't expect the rest of the world to take you seriously anymore...

American soap opera...

No and yes.

Actually, this is very serious. The big joke is that nobody apparently even thought to check into how the Supreme Court defined natural born citizen before he got elected. Everyone knew his dad was from Kenya. Either that or they were too scared to open their mouth for fear of retaliation.

Perhaps the candidates approval for eligibility should be handled by the U.S. Supreme court so this never happens again. Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join