It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm looking for opinions on reliable conspiracy theorists... or factualists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I hear a lot of talk about David Icke and Alex Jones... but in the same breath, I see that these guys seem to be driving at lining their own pocket books the most. Is there a reliable source for theories backed by facts? Is Michael Barkun for example a better source?

What or who do you consider to be a good source of information when you consider that people will say anything to sell their latest book or promote their latest public appearance?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Christopher Bollyn. The very fact he's been harassed, stalked, and credibility attacked by the Murdock family tells you he is on the right track. Yes, he sells books and takes donations, but his job is journalism. All his articles are available for free on his website/blog, and they are backed up with numerous sources: www.bollyn.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It seems to me that, in almost any industry or subject matter, a person starts with good intentions. Suddenly they have a following, they may have a surge, and then it begins to "wear off."

So they begin to "chase the hit," like an addict, and the results are usually over exploitation and exaggeration of what limited sources or resources they actually have to offer.

Unfortunately, a litmus test could be that the ones who "they" whack are the real deal.

See info on Chip Tatum. I believe he was the Real Deal.

Bill Cooper was out there on a lot of material, but was eliminated.

Could the rest be wackos or dis-info agents? I don't know.
edit on 21-1-2012 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Usually to find the truth behind a conspiracy takes lots of time and a huge amount of painstaking research. So the best sources are usually those experts, who investigate only one or just a few conspiracies. You seem to be interested in a good overview about the general topic – conspiracy theories, so I will give you some sources, which I find helpful.

A very good site on which you will find tons of very reliable sources is wanttoknow.info. This site offers not only key media articles and declassified documents, it provides also helpful tips how you can conduct your own research.
www.wanttoknow.info...

A site which archives conspiracy related news sources is aftermathnews.
aftermathnews.wordpress.com...

A good site with an daily assembly of interesting articles and some own research is whatreallyhappened. Mike Rivero, who is responsible for this website does also a daily radio show. I liked his show and still listen to it. But since Rivero has only rarely guests on his show, his arguments and analysis become somewhat repetetive after a time.
whatreallyhappened.com...
www.renseradioarchives.com...

Another good site which daily assembles interesting articles and acts as a platform for an unconventional view on geopolitics and different kinds of conspiracies is globalresearch.ca.
globalresearch.ca...

I believe James Corbett is someone who looks at conspiracy theories and investigates open source material with a genuine desire to find the truth. In my opinion he is neither in it for the money, nor is he pushing his own agenda. He dabbles in many different kinds of conspiracy theories, conducts lots of interviews and is very active online. Since James does little new investigative work by himself, he is more or less some kind of multiplier for more specialized researchers. Here is a link to his main website. Just scroll his past episodes and select the themes which interest you.
www.corbettreport.com...

There are other good conspiracy-related podcasts to which you can listen without being bothered by lots of advertising or a ranting host like Alex Jones.

Weekly (1 hour): Bonny Faulkner's Guns and Butter – usually either an interview or a lecture
www.kpfa.org...

Weekly (2 hours): Unwelcome Guests – topic related podcasts which are compiled by a collective. Usually a collection of readings, lectures, interviews and videos
www.unwelcomeguests.net...

Black OP Radio has also a weekly podcast which is normally about JFK-research, but other topics are also frequently on the programme. The JFK research is usually top-notch.
www.blackopradio.com...

A 24 hour radio programme which deals with lots of conspiracies and also plays truth music is no lies radio. I can only recommend some of the shows on this station.
noliesradio.org...
edit on 21-1-2012 by Drunkenshrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Not as much input on this thread as I would have liked, but thanks to those who posted. I really appreciate the time you've taken to give me your opinions.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

I don't think any of them are reliable. Isn't it horrific that we can't trust anyone anymore? The main way that we are being manipulated is by the PTB controlling both sides. These conspiracy theorists seem to have been planted in order to mix a lot of disinformation and fear in with the truth and to keep folk guessing. Also David Icke's original "I am the Son of God" statement on national tv makes him a laughing-stock in Britain regardless of whether he has told the truth since or not. As a result, it makes it very difficult to quote him or even have the same ideas as him. This is such a clever way of keeping the conspiracy theorists in hand, it has to be deliberate.

Rather than listen to media folk, it's better to read as much as possible for yourself and think a lot. I like old pre-1930s books because there were a lot of complaints published about the Knights and their secret societies at that time before the war put a stop to it. Basically, don't fully trust anything or anyone that has come since World War II. As Orwell said to Arthur Koestler, "History stopped in 1936".

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You know you cant really go wrong by just surfing sites like this and just reading alternative news. If you have any sort of sense you should be able to see who has a real basis for what they are arguing and who is part of the tin foil hat brigade. If nothing else they at least provide you with a source of topics to research yourself. I think a lot of people get swept up on ATS by their own theories and provide little proof, and once the ball gets rolling a lot of weak minds jump onto it as well. But there are members here who do a ton of research and provide interesting what ifs? I absolutely despise Alex Jones because he distorts the truth to serve whatever he is talking about, and in many cases just makes things up and hopes no one will google his "admitted truths" or "mainstream history". He also has the nasty tendency of using his own articles as proof of what he is saying, with no other verification besides what he, Kurt Nemo, and Aaron Dykes believe. You are also right he is lining his pockets. However, even Jones serves a purpose. He does provide some general topics you can look into, and he provides you with guideposts on what to avoid because it is obviously false. Its always good to know what he is saying because a lot of his fanboys frequent these type of sites and spread their lies. He also generally has some really good guests, which he generally speaks over but they are worth while investigating as well. I am partial to Jerry Corsi, a frequent guest on Coast to Coast Am too.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

join