It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Blinky Is Real, Found Near Argentine Nuclear Reactor"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

We all remember Blinky, right? The lovable and very-slightly-mutated fishy from The Simpsons? Well, it turns out he actually exists, having been found by Argentinian fishermen in a Cordoba lake. Points to Groening and co for what is now surely to be acknowledged as incredibly insightful prophetic comedy.

To be fair, this wolffish really doesn't look all that much like Blinky, except for the telltale third eye that seems to be visible in this photo. According to Argentine broadcaster Channel 3, the fisherman didn't even realise there was a third eye - they were fishing at night - until examining it later with a flashlight.

www.popsci.com.au...
*Quoted text belongs to www.popsci.com.au*

Are all fish like this if they are near nuclear power stations?
Perhaps it's time to put nets up to stop fishes going near these radiated areas?
edit on 21-1-2012 by Indenu because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jan 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Probably tossing out nets would be a good idea if "they" cared enough about life in this planet, which obviously they don't. I'm pretty sure that if "someone" that is "in control" wanted, most likely 99% of the social and health issues we experience nowadays would have never existed in the first place, so... Anyway, all I'm trying to say here is: "Looks like blinky is back on the menu, boys!".

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Fish commonly have mutations all the time everywhere on earth. There is nothing to suggest seriously this is caused by any nuclear or radioactive material.

This article was just dreamed up for sensationalism. Where's the link?

Besides. Inky Pinky and Clyde want to get into the act too.
edit on 21-1-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Indenu

To be fair, this wolffish really doesn't look all that much like Blinky, except for the telltale third eye that seems to be visible in this photo.

Photo? Where?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by Indenu

To be fair, this wolffish really doesn't look all that much like Blinky, except for the telltale third eye that seems to be visible in this photo.

Photo? Where?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Fish commonly have mutations all the time everywhere on earth. There is nothing to suggest seriously this is caused by any nuclear or radioactive material.

This article was just dreamed up for sensationalism. Where's the link?

Besides. Inky Pinky and Clyde want to get into the act too.
edit on 21-1-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

Link

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Indenu

you should put a picture of the fish you are speaking of along with the story you are presenting.
anyway here let me help you...

Mutations are just nature trying out diffrent setups.. if its good it stays and called evolution

[off topic image removed by staff]

edit on 21-1-2012 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jan 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I remember this news from last year. Is waste management so expensive that they can't think of a better way to dispose of it than dumping it into the nearest body of water?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Indenu

thats interesting, i wouldnt be too concenred about the nuclear plant, unless they find more fish. theres weird mutations and birth defects alll the time
one eyed dogs, two headed snake, etc. this is probably just something like that. hopefuly

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wasn't this debunked? I remember seeing this before; people were crying fake because the third eye looks like it was put there postmortem. If it was a naturally formed third eye, it should look more like the other two.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamer99
Wasn't this debunked? I remember seeing this before; people were crying fake because the third eye looks like it was put there postmortem. If it was a naturally formed third eye, it should look more like the other two.

Simple Exif data shows the photo was passed through Photoshop CS4 for Windows

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Blinky was so much cuter

top topics

join