It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

....Police Device Can See... Through Clothing... - Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Must watch video below:

"Oh my god, it's 1984 coming to New York city. And if it takes hold here, it will ripple across America."

This is a very eye-opening segment of the news.

This is how far they have taken the Fear card. Will something like this really be passed? Are we going to see these commonplace in the next five years?

----

(RIP)

edit on 21-1-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Wondering what the titanium cage on my spine would look like to a dumb police officer!, a lightsabre perhaps or a bomb implanted internally, this stuff is scary, we need to kick this government bs into touch a.s.a.p.

I am all for change, but i put how we treat human beings at the top of that change. For far too long this world has been controlled by the rich and powerful, there needs to be a change in that area, lets make them the underdog for a change, see if they enjoy that kind of a life.

This gets even more scary when you look at the fact that they are trying to limit who they hire on intelligence grounds, they want officers who will do what they are told rather than being able to assess a situation and make an appropriate decision.

All of this crap that is coming needs to be used as a catalyst for change, but change of a positive nature for the whole of humanity, not just the few at the top. This is not life , this is existing, i am sure that we are here for more than that.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
How will they be able to tell a legal gun from an illegal one? If they can't, legal carriers will be stopped and have to go through all the hassle. Also does anyone believe that this will not be abused when a good looking girl walks past?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
And I was wasting all my money on those x-ray specs when the solution to my "problem" was in the hands of the police the whole time!

OT: Seriously though this is a huge violation of rights, I'm sure it falls into that whole search and seizure clause in the bill of rights???

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

You can't legally carry a gun at all in NYC. It gets you a mandatory multi year prison sentence.

But this is just plain creepy to use. And are they harmful to human health? I don't want someone blasting radiation at me just to see if I MIGHT have a gun.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
How will they decide who should be scanned? Will they scan everyone that passes by and stop everyone they think is suspicious? What are they going to do if they do think someone is carrying a gun? Stop them at gunpoint and search them? If they're going to do that, why not just do it without the scanner? Because they cannot just stop someone and search them without probable cause, that's why. This is an attempt to "legally" circumvent your constitutional right to protection from random searches.

I can see this opening the police up to a whole slew of illegal search cases. Then, again, I'm sure there will be laws written to exonerate them from liability when they stop someone carrying something completely innocent that they mistook for a gun.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
Also does anyone believe that this will not be abused when a good looking girl walks past?

That's exactly what I was going to say.

There is no way that some cops will refrain themselves from using it to perv on women.

The question is, what percentage of them will use it responsibly?

Personally, I don't want the government to keep me "safe" anymore. I'd seriously rather take my chances with a terrorist attack.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I don't get it.

Wouldn't a very sensitive Heat camera do the same without SENDING radiation?

A few years back the police and fire-department around here had a device to see if people are in a (burning) building, the device could see true walls, picking up the heat signature of a person.

Now imagine the same in high resolution, close up to a person. I guess any not body part would like up like a candle.

So why all those penetrating systems?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
You can't legally carry a gun at all in NYC. It gets you a mandatory multi year prison sentence.

If that's the case, I can see the cops drawing their guns without thinking and publicly exposing someone who works for a three letter federal agency.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I agree, cop cars will now be called pervmobiles.

Cops stopped my married sister, asked for a date and she told them she was married. They didn't care. Her best friend was with her and after 30 minutes they finally convinced the cops they were both married but ended up late getting to where they were going because of the long cop stop.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

I hear you. I too have a titanium set of rods and other apparatus holding my lower lumbar together. I guess they want to see if we have any guns on us. Maybe we should all just carry our guns on the outside, on a pistol belt, or slung over the shoulder. Then the police would not need to spend all that dough for those infernal machines.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

It's meant to keep you safe from Al Qaeda. Now shut up, drink your fluoridated water, and let a TSA agent fondle your wifes breasts.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more attention.

X RAY COPS

COME ON PEOPLE

THE TISH HAS HIT THE FAN!

new topics

top topics

join