It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Spica possibly be Niburu?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Now before i go on i would like to apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

I would like to share with you all what has had me really thinking here because there are a few coincidences here and i would like you all to approach what i am saying as a mere possibility and not fact .....so please go canny.

I was looking at google sky and upon selecting infrared i noticed something that basically fits Niburu's description. The horned object i mean and otherwise invisible if not using infra red.
The location of the object is 13h24m48s, -11,13',17.4"
The object itself is actually called Spica
Spica

Spica (α Vir, α Virginis, Alpha Virginis) is the brightest star in the constellation Virgo, and the 15th brightest star in the nighttime sky. It is 260 light years distant from Earth. A blue giant, it is a variable of the Beta Cephei type.

Now doesnt the Hopi mention a blue star? or was it green, i cant remember

Visibility How to locate the star Spica. Every year around October 17 the Sun approaches Spica (the bright one below the Sun). Photo: SOHO. Located close to the ecliptic, Spica can be occulted by the Moon and sometimes by the planets. The last planetary occultation of Spica occurred when Venus passed in front of the star (as seen from Earth) on November 10, 1783. The next occultation will occur on September 2, 2197, when Venus again passes in front of Spica.[17] The Sun passes a little more than 2° north of Spica around October 16 every year, and the star's heliacal rising occurs about two weeks later. Every 8 years, Venus passes Spica around the time of the star's heliacal rising, as in 2009 when it passed 3.5° north of the star on November 3.[18] A method of finding Spica is to follow the arc of the handle of the Big Dipper to Arcturus, and then continue on the same angular distance to Spica. This can be recalled by the mnemonic phrase, "follow the arc to Arcturus and speed on to Spica."

Occultation

An occultation is an event that occurs when one object is hidden by another object that passes between it and the observer. The word is used in astronomy (see below). It can also refer to any situation wherein an object in the foreground blocks from view (occults) an object in the background. In this general sense, occultation applies to the visual scene observed from low-flying aircraft (or computer-generated imagery) wherein foreground objects obscure distant dynamically, as the scene changes over time.The Moon's orbit is inclined to the ecliptic (see orbit of the Moon), and any stars with an ecliptic latitude of less than about 6.5 degrees may be occulted by it. There are three first magnitude stars that are sufficiently close to the ecliptic that they may be occulted by the Moon and by planets – Regulus, Spica and Antares.

Here are a couple of images from google earth to show the location of Spica however i havent a clue how to show you the infrared image from google sky

The above may be nothing without the image but go to google sky and look for yourself. Remember to select infra red.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
ooh no ........not google sky..........

i thought this niburu thing was dead and gone now...

looks like some people are still looking for the doom......sad i think.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cantsee4looking

Where in my OP did i mention doom? please quote the piece please.

This is in no way about doom but more along the lines of determining what was meant by prophecies!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

I'm confused, and not really understanding what you're attempting to relay in your post.
Are you saying that Spica, a blue star 260 LIGHT YEARS away, is what you think may be Nibiru, if at least only in a mythological sense?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Well it could be Nubiru, shame it's been observed in the sky for thousands of years and hasn't moved relative to it's Virgo constellation neighbours...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

do you know how long it would take for something 226 light years away to get here?.. pretty sure longer then the 3000 years they say it takes

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Quite possibly. Look at google sky and select the infra red and you will see a blue horned star. Now this is not a doomsday thread before anyone else drops in to derail. I am merely trying to figure out exactly what certain civilizations were talking/warning or trying to show us.
As for the end of the world scenario....i believe it will happen but not literally. End of the world for the elites and as we know it.
Back on topic, i want to know/understand what it is they the ancients and also prophecies were trying to say. Thats all.

There must be something important that we are missing here or they simply wouldnt have bothered even mentioning it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

U seem to have a fair idea in relation to astronomy etc ive read a few of your posts. Is there any factor that we know of that could alter or cause things like planetary bodies to suddenly .......move? Yes simple question i am talking about significant solar disturbances or space quakes or anything else.
Sounds a dumbass question but considering that in the not too distant future teleportation will be achieved and the way new discoveries are been made, nothing suprises me.

This thread is not me saying Spica is without doubt what the ancients called Niburu but simply asking is it possible that it just may be.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lee78
reply to post by nineix

Quite possibly. Look at google sky and select the infra red and you will see a blue horned star. Now this is not a doomsday thread before anyone else drops in to derail. I am merely trying to figure out exactly what certain civilizations were talking/warning or trying to show us.
As for the end of the world scenario....i believe it will happen but not literally. End of the world for the elites and as we know it.
Back on topic, i want to know/understand what it is they the ancients and also prophecies were trying to say. Thats all.

There must be something important that we are missing here or they simply wouldnt have bothered even mentioning it.

Right.
You're operating on the principal that whomever created the Nibiru story saw SOMETHING, and you're attempting to define what that something may have been, and whether or not they misidentified something possibly exaggerating the identification as is quite common.

You may wish to include in your research the lost planet Vulcan (not the Star Trek planet).
There's been fringe speculation about another inner planet, possibly between Mercury and Venus but with an eccentric orbit that eventually degraded to the point of it plunging into the sun.

Here's a wiki on it: Vulcan (hypothetical planet)

edit on 21-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Thats exactly what i am trying to do. However everytime Niburu is mentioned, the OP is always griefed and threads are ruined. I am simply trying to find what it is they mentioned.
Gonna have a look at the link you provided now. Thanks.

before i forget Gold plays a significant role regarding the sun and ifra red by the way

edit on 21-1-2012 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

I thought the whole story was,

Nibiru is very close by in relative to other planets. But it is "invisible" in the sense that it exists in a parallel/higher/different dimension. Contrary to popular belief it is not going to "hit earth" but rather become our galactic neighbor when ol Earth the Incubator decides we're ready.

This star you're speaking of might fit into certain comparisons - but we're talking about about something 300 lightyears away, not 3,000 Earth years.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
In relation to the OP i would like to quote the following.

I was looking at google sky and upon selecting infrared i noticed something that basically fits Niburu's description. The horned object i mean and otherwise invisible if not using infra red. The location of the object is 13h24m48s, -11,13',17.4" The object itself is actually called Spica

Well actually i am more interested in the numerical side for this post.

I think the reason we dont see is because we are looking in the wrong direction or the wrong sense.
I see meaning physically with eyes?
or I see as in, oh i understand?

Here goes.
Number 11

The atomic number of sodium.
Apollo 11 was the first manned spacecraft to land on the Moon
After Judas Iscariot was disgraced, the remaining apostles of Jesus were sometimes described as "the Eleven"; this occurred even after Matthias was added to bring the number to twelve, as in Acts 2:14
The interval of an octave and a fourth is an eleventh. A complete eleventh chord has almost every note of a diatonic scale

Number 13

Atomic number for Aluminium
The apparitions of the Virgin of Fátima in 1917 were claimed to occur on the 13th of six consecutive months
At Jesus Christ's last supper, there were thirteen people around the table, counting Christ and the twelve apostles
On Friday the 13th of October, 1307, King Philip IV of France ordered the arrest of the Knights Templar
The number 13 in the Coperos religion (small culture in Brazil) is like a God number. All coperos must know that this number can save humankind

Number 17

The atomic number of chlorine.
The Brodmann area defining the primary visual processing area of mammalian brains.
Group 17 of the periodic table is called the halogens.
In The Illuminatus! Trilogy, the symbol for Discordianism includes a pyramid with 17 steps because 17 has "virtually no interesting geometric, arithmetic, or mystical qualities". However, for the Illuminati, 17 is tied with the "23/17 phenomenon".

Those 3 links contain more than enough to set your minds at warp speed if you think out of the box. If you cannot understand what i am getting at then from the 3 links above i will give you further links or pointers. I have quoted a few pieces below each of the 3 links as a pointer.

There is loads more but dont want to bombard the thread with links. But please have a look. Very interesting imho.

edit on 21-1-2012 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm a Virgo and I as having been into astronomy I do not believe in astrology, I reject it and for a reason it is a completely made up future telling.

I do think however, if such thing exist at all, it could be refered to Betelegeuse (alpha Ori) which is proven to go supernova at some time in the indefinite future. Spica? It's all the time on the sky.. and far from becoming a 2nd sun.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I don't even know where to start on this one. There are no ancient prophecies about Nibiru. The word comes up in some ancient Babylonian astronomical texts. From the context (and proper philology) it appears to be their term for the point where the ecliptic crosses the celestial equator. Ironically, Spica might have occupied that point at some time, but not during the epoch of recorded history.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hey, wait a second, hold on....I thought Comet ELEnin was NIBIRU! You know, Extinction Level Event NINe. An astronomer that doesn't really exist. Hopi prophecy. NASA coverup.

Maybe NIBIRU was just a story to explain a comet that passed by Earth long ago.

Nibiru? Really? I thought after we didn't die on a monthly basis in 2011, this had died down? Heck, at least ELEnin was shown to be directly responsible for every earthquake in the world...because a smaller object can totally affect a much larger object...I mean, that's just science.

Nibiru?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Heck, at least ELEnin was shown to be directly responsible for every earthquake in the world.

You mind giving a reputable and credible source for that?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Feltrick

Heck, at least ELEnin was shown to be directly responsible for every earthquake in the world.

You mind giving a reputable and credible source for that?

Uh, I figured the line that followed the one above, "...because a smaller object can totally affect a much larger object...I mean, that's just science." Would convey the appropriate level of sarcasm. I guess it didn't.

At least you didn't say, "Pics or it didn't happen." Just joking...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
I'm a Virgo and I as having been into astronomy I do not believe in astrology, I reject it and for a reason it is a completely made up future telling.

I do think however, if such thing exist at all, it could be refered to Betelegeuse (alpha Ori) which is proven to go supernova at some time in the indefinite future. Spica? It's all the time on the sky.. and far from becoming a 2nd sun.

Just read the above and something sprung to mind........Whats to say that niburu is meant in relation to someones star sign? Could that be plausable? That the prophecies are actually relating to a given horoscope of the destroyer? Just a theory/thought.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

You mentioned Nibiru and that my friend is enough to get you institutionalized around here.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Your thread is very interesting. The Hopi prophecy, I believe, is traditionally taken to mean Sirius as the blue star or not. Depending on what interpretation one reads, the blue star and red star are one and the same (the blue star removes its' mask) or two different objects.

www.crystalinks.com...

An ancient Hopi Indian prophecy states, "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge". This will be the Day of Purification. The Hopi name for the star Sirius is Blue Star Kachina. It will come when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes its mask.

awakeningasone.com...

“It was told to me that first the Blue Kachina would start to be seen at the dances, and would make his appearance known to the children in the plaza during the night dance. This event would tell us that the end times are very near. Then the Blue Star Kachina would physically appear in our heavens which would mean that we were in the end times.

The number eleven, in numerology, is a number that doesn't get broken down but remains as a unit and has karmic connotations. It has great power but utilizing this power is fraught with peril for all but those outside of physical laws i.e. the pure of heart.

The number 13 breaks down to 4 which is supposed to be a number assigned to the current earth existence, vibrationally. This number is changing to 5 for the earth readying to enter a new frequency.

The number 17 is 8 which is eternal and is sometimes likened to God.

The 23/17 phenomenon is the new vibration coming and the hand of God.

Just my 2 simplistic cents.

There is a lot of confusion surrounding what is what in the heavens these days IMO.

I have thought on the 'horns' thing too and one idea is that it could be an object with rings which from our viewpoint may at times look like horns. Your thoughts on occultation and partial occultation are interesting as well. It is also descriptive of phases i.e. the crescent.

I am interested to hear more of what exactly you observed regarding Spica that lead you to this interesting topic. Also more on how you tie the numbers you selected to Spica.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join