It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the wind alive, a living organism? (speculative)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Wind is just energy. This energy comes from pressure difference, it always winds from high pressure to low pressure. That pressure difference comes from temperature difference, as Earth's temperature is not same everywhere. If we had same temperature everywhere, there wouldn't be winds. And Coriolis effect (Earth's rotation) affects only wind direction, not speed.

So, wind is not living organism, its just transportation of energy.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz reply to post by nineix

reply to post by mileysubet

stop being such big heads with your knowledge! Share it, don't sit on it and belittle others... And sacrasm is the lowest form of wit! what is energy? energy creates matter... are you trying to tell me that neutrons, protons and electrons are not alive?

It doesn't work that way. Energy yes can make some particles, but thats it, it doesn't create matter. Albert Einstein proved that it needs huge amount of energy to create matter.

When you turn energy into matter, particles always comes in pairs, matter and antimatter. Antimatter is problem, it always annihilates matter particle and turns 100% back to energy.

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 21-1-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2012 by Thebel because: Quote thingy is not working properly

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
What does every known chemical element require to exist?

energy...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

what is energy? energy creates matter... are you trying to tell me that neutrons, protons and electrons are not alive?

Yup.

As far as sharing the wealth when it comes to information, you could have paid attention in science class and you'd already know this stuff. Please don't blame us for your failure to learn what you should have learned when it was taught in school.

You can also google stuff like:
What is wind?
What is thunder?
What is energy?
What is water?
What is Life?

Just say'n.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by nineix

stop being such big heads with your knowledge! Share it, don't sit on it and belittle others...

And sacrasm is the lowest form of wit!

what is energy? energy creates matter... are you trying to tell me that neutrons, protons and electrons are not alive?

edit on 21/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: add

So, now this is veering into physics...the OP is not accepting basic science replies...what makes you think he'll accept jumping up a few notches to the level of advanced physics.

Yes, I agree, in molecular terms, wind is alive. As in atoms and energy. I also think your avatar is beautiful, and a great example of the nature of energy...

edit on 21-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Reminds me of that movie The Happening for some reason

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
So, now this is veering into physics...the OP is not accepting basic science replies...what makes you think he'll accept jumping up a few notches to the level of advanced physics.

Yes, I agree, in molecular terms, wind is alive. As in atoms and energy. I also think your avatar is beautiful, and a great example of the nature of energy...

thank you.

link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by nineix

stop being such big heads with your knowledge! Share it, don't sit on it and belittle others...

And sacrasm is the lowest form of wit!

edit on 21/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: add

Energy does indeed create matter, but the energy required for such a process is not efficient to create enough matter to make a break fast size bowl of matter without draining the entire worlds energy grid for several weeks...

On the ATS Website people usually strive to post material that is well researched, it was obvious to me and many others do far that this persons theory/idea was not researched. I may have came across as harsh or or possible to the point of belittling the OP, and I will not apologize for those post that perpetrate that feeling.

link   
reply to post by BBalazs

You seem to want to a have a philosophic approach to the wind. This is great to do wants and a while. But you shouldn't really tell people to learn the difference between air and wind :p .

Imagine if you were just average cave man , and you went outside to see thunder !

your philosophical side would be like , OMG GODS PISSED lol

then you see lightining ! OMG , its punishment from a super force!

then you see rain! OMG god's tears lol .

when we don't undertand something or its process , our minds go crazy making up different views.

Philosophically like we do with life after death. How many crazy ideas do we come up with . Imagine the day we all know , we will look back and be like haha ! what monkey business

"Btw, if you have an perspective, critical thinking skills, you would be able to tell, that this is how the greeks though, and why our thoughts create our reality"

our thoughts create our reality , just as much as light is passed through your eyes transfered into an electrical signal in the back of the brain the played back upside down to give you a picture.

When you die that reality is gone like the "wind" :p

perhaps transfered into another reality or recycled into worm food. Where the word gets a little of your insight

wind is the movement of air
just like waves are the movement of water

if you were to count the wind as a living organism , then what about the field that wind moves through ?

Surely that should have some credit also :p ,

Secondly how about other planets with wind. Living organism on a dead planet ? Just pushing air around for the fun of it

environment.about.com...

lastly , every time i flick on my fan , am i creating life

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Rain drops form from many different types of paticles including Bacteria...so one might say a down burst that creates a Microburst of wind is riddled with living things...but these living things are not wind. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm not alive but when I take an air compressor nozzle and have it blow on my face I feel alive!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
hmmmm....

They do call Earth a Living Planet...

do I think the wind has a conscience?

No...

But is it part of the life cycle?

Yep

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by BBalazs

I can see where this is going, so, instead of trying to explain very simple elementary school science concepts like thermal expansion and contraction, I'll leave you alone and let you kids play.

Have fun with all that.

What you are in fact doing is attaching feelings to a subject, and blatently showing your arrogance.
If it is so simply: explain!
And I have no idea where this is going, i guess its good you have preconcieved ideas and notions rather then actually thinking.
Just judge, man!
Just do it!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by BBalazs

I can see where this is going, so, instead of trying to explain very simple elementary school science concepts like thermal expansion and contraction, I'll leave you alone and let you kids play.

Have fun with all that.

What you are in fact doing is attaching feelings to a subject, and blatently showing your arrogance.
If it is so simply: explain!
And I have no idea where this is going, i guess its good you have preconcieved ideas and notions rather then actually thinking.
Just judge, man!
Just do it!

You just lost any chance of me ever taking anything you post seriously....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye
S&F for a very thoughtful thread, but it's like saying that gravity is a living organism. This would be very difficult to either validate or falsify.

Exactly.
But there is more proof for wind being such.
Anyway, what you have said is the essence of philisophy.
I see no harm in speculating on a theory, especially ahen science cannot provide an explantion for gravity or wind.
Perhaps science should examine the subject and theories more.
It just goes to show that we dont need to go to quantum level, to find interesing questions.
After all, so much has not been studied.
Isnt the idea of science to better understand our surroundings?
This is a theory.
It could be examined in more detail.
And dont you dare pull the god card on me, as i happen to be an atheist.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I've read that certain shamans can control the wind, or control elements. There are a variety of elements that one can master in a lifetime. The wind being on of them. They say that the wind is an entity and can be summoned in the form of a spirit ally or spiritual helper.

Of course this is all fanciful and made up right? But isn't science? Isn't it just a play on belief and perception? I would like to imagine that the wind is alive, even to acknowledge that statement in its most mundane form; It's the breath that we exhale that gives movement and art to our outside world that would be profound enough to sow seeds from a dandelion.

OS

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Wind is the breath of Gaia.

So, short answer yes, however real answer, no.

edit on 21-1-2012 by pseudoless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
Wind is just energy. This energy comes from pressure difference, it always winds from high pressure to low pressure. That pressure difference comes from temperature difference, as Earth's temperature is not same everywhere. If we had same temperature everywhere, there wouldn't be winds. And Coriolis effect (Earth's rotation) affects only wind direction, not speed.

So, wind is not living organism, its just transportation of energy.

Confusing air with wind again.
That is in itself a theory that you have presented for air movements (which is artificial wind, so not really wind at all, bear with me to understand the difference), that partially explains how wind (whose vechicle is air) behaves.
Much as we can partially explain how bacteria behaves.
If it were a fact, we could 100% explain and predict wind.
Is bacteria concous? Does i have intelligence? How does i behave?
We have no idea, do we now?
So explaining a theory, with another theory that doesnt explain the wind, or even disprove that is is alive, is ridicolous.
If the wind was what you said it was, you would have no problema creating it.
But in fact you just create moving air, which you can more or less 100% predict.
Moving air is not equal to wind, any more then bacteria in a petri dish is an explantion of what said bacteria is.
Just because we can mimick how the wind behaves, doesnt mean anything in context of the wind.
Some peolle can mimick high intelligence, that doesnt make them so.
Some animals can mimick rocks, doesnt make them rocks.
Sorry.
edit on 21-1-2012 by BBalazs because: Add

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join