It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the wind alive, a living organism? (speculative)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs
Is the wind alive, a living organism? (speculative)

Now that may seem the most idiotic question to some.
But is it really, that idiotic?
We have a good description of the wind from science, but no forecast based in it, maybe a few days, so it is imperfect. It leaves open the possibility to explore ideas.
So, for the wind to be alive, what would it need?
A metabolic process.
1. Reproduction
It can be argueed that tornadoes and such are wind reproducing, we simply do not know enough.
2.  Excretion.
For sure. Have you looked after a tornado, tsunami?
There is excretion. Probably the wind excretion is there too or
RAIN.
Its wind excretion!
3. Growth
We dont know enough about wind, in this regard. But it is more likely constant, like bacteria life.
4. Nutrition
Yes, the wind "eats" air, and water. Clear proof of this!
5. Transport
The transport of the wind is yet unknown.
6. Synthesis.
The wind is a pefect example of synthesis.
From small gusts to tornadoes, it is extremley varied.

1. The process by which tornados are caused is very well understood. Variance of temperature between the ground level air and the upper air causes a difference in pressure, which when combined with already high winds, cause a spinning condition known as a mesocyclone.....Mesocyclones are common enough, and thankfully only rarely turn the rest of the way into tornados....

2. *sigh*......"rain" is "wind excretion"? *facepalm* ......Do I really need to explain how rain works? How about I just explain why this analogy fails....Water goes up as water vapor...comes back down as water...nothing is missing from it. Animals eat things to get nutrients....then they excrete the left over parts. Rain is water....Nothing is taken from it as a nutrient by the 'wind'....

3. What? .....None of that even made sense! Bacteria grow through binary fission.....They get a bit larger, then split off into two. How can that relate to a 'wind is alive' analogy? There is no more wind now than there was 10 years ago....If it were like bacteria, it would be multiplying like crazy, and spreading from the earth to the rest of the solar system......by now we'd be able to take a hot air balloon to the Moon!

4. Again....WHAT? There is no 'clear proof' that the wind eats air and water....the wind is made of air! (and for that matter it's also made of a fair bit of water vapor). I have no Idea what you even mean by this.....what nutrients is the wind getting from 'air'? What is it getting from 'water'? Neither Air, nor water changes it's chemical make-up from being blown around as wind.....No nutrients are missing from either....they stay the same...The wind is not 'eating' it!

5. ???? The 'transport of the wind is as yet unknown'......You mean how the wind blows around? As a matter of fact...yes it is very clearly known what makes the wind move. High and low pressure points....usually caused by temperature differentials of the air itself, is what causes the air to move around. The wind is caused when air in one part of the sky has a lower pressure than air in another part of the sky. Something under pressure will always want to move to a point of less pressure.

6. ......I have no Idea what you mean by 'synthesis'. Synthesis means the combination of two things, which then become something new....For instance when you combine two chemicals, and a new chemical forms with properties different from the original two.....That is synthesis. Synthesis does not simply mean 'varied' which is what you seem to be suggesting.

To conclude...I'll simply, and respectfully suggest that this post I'm commenting to is an incredibly persuasive argument that Science Education needs to be more heavily funded.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

He has twisted nothing. You, however, twist everything to make you look like the victim. He has quoted your phrases and very reasonably drawn conclusions from them, which I happen to agree with (just my opinion, of course). You continue to beat around the bush, offering no opinion of your own, praising the inconclusive, and berating those who offer a conclusive opinion.

Your participation in this thread has been a half a step above useless, based on the fact that you have offered nearly nothing in the way of your own opinion regarding the topic.

I clearly am not the only person is thinking such thoughts. I do not judge your opinion; I am analyzing your insults and allegations as a substitute. Give us something to work with that doesn't involve falsely victimizing yourself or making us out to be arrogant idiots.
edit on CSaturdaypm141420f20America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jan 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I think maybe the wind is an invisible spaghetti monster, slowly harvesting our energies so it can grow its noodles out to about 30 feet long. See, it is related to the giant squid, but a scientist took the giant squid and experimented on it for German warfare, resulting in an organic lifeform that resembles a great mass of spaghetti noodles oozing spaghetti sauce.

As this scientist continued to experiment, he accidentally turned his pet project invisible...and gave it the ability to stretch. Unfortunately, in its greed, it stretched itself so far out...that it became nearly intangible.

Now, it can only be felt when it gets agitated, which is nearly all the time because it is so upset over stratching itself out. It tried to hurt us, but realized it couldn't. Now, it will just sap our energies until it becomes solid enough to reclaim its position as the world's leading consumer of manflesh.

Yes, the flying spaghetti monster is real. However, due to an idiot German scientist, it become what we now call the "wind".

The wind is alive. We just can't prove it because the spaghetti monster is invisible.

Why are you so hell bent on derailing this thread?
`
As per "imagining", I should of used the word "Visualization". As a person with semi-rational capabilities, I am capable of focusing my thoughts to imagine things in a kind of visual depth. I apologize for assuming such a thing is common.

And Organism:

www.bing.com...
system of interdependent parts: a functioning system of interdependent parts that resembles a living thing

I would imagine such a lifeform could easily be amorphous though. Defined more by proximity to other pieces of itself, then by physically separated membranes or cell walls. Ability to contract or expand as quickly as the wind does. And assuming it is a lighter then air element based lifeform, it could reasonably be able to increase and decrease it's weight via the intake/production of outside air, or heavier than air elements. Such an ability would allow for slight manipulations of the wind.

I imagine it would look a lot "neural transmitters". But with the synapses and other necessary "organs", mechanisms of maintaining existence, being self contained in each "neural transmitter",

www.improve-mental-health.com...

The neural transmitters are the red dot's if I remember correctly(if I got that wrong then those red dots are what I mean).

To find such a creature, you would have to be able to identify all naturally occurring lighter than air elements, or perhaps made of air/ at air weight in a localized setting and over a large setting.

After all the air is composed of:

www.daviddarling.info...
nitrogen (78.08%), oxygen (20.94%), argon (0.934%), carbon dioxide (0.035%), neon (0.0018%), helium (0.0005%), krypton (0.0001%), xenon (0.000009%), and radon (6 × 10-18%).
Carbon Dioxide CO2 0.033%

Air may also contain many other molecules – sometimes due to pollution – e.g., ozone, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, and methane.

And methods for spotting unknown elements that meet the criteria for a matter based life-form that exists in the wind/ or in the manner to make the wind seem alive. But this is just pure speculation on what such a thing might be like.

edit on 21-1-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

So, for the wind to be alive, what would it need?
A metabolic process.
1. Reproduction
It can be argueed that tornadoes and such are wind reproducing, we simply do not know enough.
2.  Excretion.
For sure. Have you looked after a tornado, tsunami?
There is excretion. Probably the wind excretion is there too or
RAIN.
Its wind excretion!
3. Growth
We dont know enough about wind, in this regard. But it is more likely constant, like bacteria life.

These are ideas.
Not the theory. Ideas to expand upon.
Thanks for building up my thread!
edit on Sun Jan 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJuicey
of course the wind is alive, life force flows through all mother nature to what extent this can said to be would be hard to know un less you know the truth, some people seem to forget that what they know now will one day be re written to a new level of understanding and in a couple hundred years from now people will look back on this era and say how uneducated we all were not to see that all things have consciousness, or that the world was not round it is flat ounce again and only seems round due to electromagnetic's warping space time and light.

i think that the wind is alive, i love the feeling of the wind in my face, as to being an organism possibly on a different level of understanding maybe it eats light, electromagnetic energy, maybe it excretes oxygen who knows? i dont think science has explained everything yet and i dare so no one on here would know the truth.

Bet you'll run like hell when that abundance of life force in the form tornadoes and hurricanes is comin at ya.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

I think maybe the wind is an invisible spaghetti monster, slowly harvesting our energies so it can grow its noodles out to about 30 feet long. See, it is related to the giant squid, but a scientist took the giant squid and experimented on it for German warfare, resulting in an organic lifeform that resembles a great mass of spaghetti noodles oozing spaghetti sauce.

As this scientist continued to experiment, he accidentally turned his pet project invisible...and gave it the ability to stretch. Unfortunately, in its greed, it stretched itself so far out...that it became nearly intangible.

Now, it can only be felt when it gets agitated, which is nearly all the time because it is so upset over stratching itself out. It tried to hurt us, but realized it couldn't. Now, it will just sap our energies until it becomes solid enough to reclaim its position as the world's leading consumer of manflesh.

Yes, the flying spaghetti monster is real. However, due to an idiot German scientist, it become what we now call the "wind".

The wind is alive. We just can't prove it because the spaghetti monster is invisible.

Why are you so hell bent on derailing this thread?
`
As per "imagining", I should of used the word "Visualization". As a person with semi-rational capabilities, I am capable of focusing my thoughts to imagine things in a kind of visual depth. I apologize for assuming such a thing is common.

And Organism:

www.bing.com...
system of interdependent parts: a functioning system of interdependent parts that resembles a living thing

I would imagine such a lifeform could easily be amorphous though. Defined more by proximity to other pieces of itself, then by physically separated membranes or cell walls. Ability to contract or expand as quickly as the wind does. And assuming it is a lighter then air element based lifeform, it could reasonably be able to increase and decrease it's weight. Such an ability would allow for slight manipulations of the wind.

I imagine it would look a lot "neural transmitters". But with the synapses and other necessary "organs", mechanisms of maintaining existence, being self contained in each "neural transmitter"

www.improve-mental-health.com...

To find such a creature, you would have to identify all naturally occurring lighter than air elements, or perhaps made of air/ at air weight.

After all the air is composed of:

www.daviddarling.info...
nitrogen (78.08%), oxygen (20.94%), argon (0.934%), carbon dioxide (0.035%), neon (0.0018%), helium (0.0005%), krypton (0.0001%), xenon (0.000009%), and radon (6 × 10-18%).
Carbon Dioxide CO2 0.033%

Air may also contain many other molecules – sometimes due to pollution – e.g., ozone, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, and methane.

And methods for spotting unknown elements that meet the criteria for a matter based life-form that exists in the wind/ or in the manner to make the wind seem alive. But this is just pure speculation on what such a thing might be like.

I am not intent on "derailing" the thread, I'm making a point. What point is that? you ask. Well...see the above posts. My point is very well illustrated by other users who are more patient than I.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

All of those elements in the atmosphere are, singularly, poisonous to living creatures. You expect those elements to combine and form nuclei, let alone cells? You expect them to form a catalyst that resembles the combustion in functioning cells?

I'm going to throw together a bunch of chemicals and expect a cake to jump out of the bowl. That's how life works, right?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Blablabla whatever.

Mm, yes a very adult response.

When you Deciede what one can speculate on it is a decision. And this is what you hae concluded.
Twist your words my friend. But this is what is impliad to eveyone by your words.
Ohhhh science is in danger, ohhh noo.
No one is denying science here.

I have not decided what you can speculate upon, neither have I reached any conclusions. Once again I ask you to show me where I have said that the scientific answer is the correct answer.

I have asked you to provide some reasoning behind your question. Another member has done so most eloquently. I am not saying he is right or wrong, but at least he has offered something to the discussion.

You on the other hand have offered nothing whatsoever to the discussion and I suspect are not capable of doing so. If I am wrong in that respect then prove me wrong and impart your beliefs so that all may learn. If, as you mistakenly think, I am siding with science then persuade me to see your speculation as a possibility and acknowledge that science may be incorrect.

The ONLY word twisting going on here is by you in your attempts to deny all other points of view and counter them with insults.

Describe why the wind might be a living organism. Can you?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by BBalazs

Blablabla whatever.

When you Deciede what one can speculate on it is a decision. And this is what you hae concluded.
Twist your words my friend. But this is what is impliad to eveyone by your words.

I have not decided what you can speculate upon, neither have I reached any conclusions. Once again I ask you to show me where I have said that the scientific answer is the correct answer.

I have asked you to provide some reasoning behind your question. Another member has done so most eloquently. I am not saying he is right or wrong, but at least he has offered something to the discussion.

You on the other hand have offered nothing whatsoever to the discussion and I suspect are not capable of doing so. If I am wrong in that respect then prove me wrong and impart your beliefs so that all may learn. If, as you mistakenly think, I am siding with science then persuade me to see your speculation as a possibility and acknowledge that science may be incorrect.

The ONLY word twisting going on here is by you in your attempts to deny all other points of view and counter them with insults.

Yes i can, but i am not going to until you quote your slander (i have insulted you), or apolagize for said slander.
Peerhaps this is the question you should have started with?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

An interesting picture to illustrate the fact that life can and does exist in forms harmful and poisonous to our kind of life without a "mater anti-mater type result". It is pure arrogance and willful ignorance to believe that life can only exist in one form.

www.wired.com...

[sarcasm]
Then again I suppose the world is really flat and has a weird zig zag orbit that causes all the water that falls off the edge to fall back down as rain[/sarcasm] .

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

reply to post by BBalazs

Blablabla whatever.

Yes i can, but i am not going to until you quote your slander (i have insulted you), or apolagize for said slander.

Blatant dodge. Just answer the freaking question, please.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

An interesting picture to illustrate the fact that life can and does exist in forms harmful and poisonous to us. It is pure arrogance and willful ignorance to believe that life can only exist in one form.

www.wired.com...

[sarcasm]
Then again I suppose the world is really flat and has a weird zig zag orbit that causes all the water that falls off the edge to fall back down as rain[/sarcasm] .

Are you incapable of illustrating a precise picture of this "wind-organism"? I suppose if you know everything, as you seem to and your sarcasm implies, then you should have no difficulty imparting this knowledge.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

What on earth are you talking about? Are you suggesting that I have slandered you? Slander is the oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation. Note the word 'oral'. That means saying something. You on the other hand have definitely been very close to libelling if not actually doing so with your direct calling people 'morons'.

Aside from the technicalities of libel/slander do I detect that you might be about to actually make a contribution to the thread you started?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yeah...we're getting nowhere here. It's a dead horse. Honestly, I'm surprised it has gotten over 250 posts...considering the topic.

Interesting subject, but really, as I said...ultimately futile.

Class dismissed.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

An interesting picture to illustrate the fact that life can and does exist in forms harmful and poisonous to us. It is pure arrogance and willful ignorance to believe that life can only exist in one form.

www.wired.com...

[sarcasm]

Are you incapable of illustrating a precise picture of this "wind-organism"? I suppose if you know everything, as you seem to and your sarcasm implies, then you should have no difficulty imparting this knowledge.

Wow, classic:-)
Just because you cant imagine it doesnt mean someone else cant.
How arrogent can you get?
Can you just ask to explain?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

What on earth are you talking about? Are you suggesting that I have slandered you? Slander is the oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation. Note the word 'oral'. That means saying something. You on the other hand have definitely been very close to libelling if not actually doing so with your direct calling people 'morons'.

Aside from the technicalities of libel/slander do I detect that you might be about to actually make a contribution to the thread you started?

I could put together half a dosen theories in a few days, i am that intelligent and creative.
This is slander:
Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. This can be also any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or published. It is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]

You have claimed i made some remarks about you. Quote me.
Or apoligize.
Then we can talk.
Your friend starchild is a proven lier, read back.
Are you going to unjustly slander and accuse me of things i have not said or done.
You may be even in for a lawsuit.
I am serious.
I said nothing against you, yet you do not communicate on an intelligent level with me.
We could let the courst deciede who is right.
Are you that sure, you are right in the understanding of slander?
Because i studied law and philosphy among other things.
And spoken in the context of this particular law, means written also.
Dont believe me, ask your lawyer.
edit on 21-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

You see in the scheme of things, i am free to speculate at mu leasure, however you are not free to libel/slander me in anyway.
Big mistake.
That goes for you 2 starchild.
If your in canada, little harder, but i am sure i have a case with your proven lie (slander also), to get sou banned.
Calling names however is unfortunalty not slander. Sorry for you.
edit on 21-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I wonder if such a being could posses a person? People breathe air in, and if the being is comparable to a neural transmitter, it might even be able to pretend to be one. Even the symptoms of classical possession might be explainable. As the change in skin, flesh and bone/cartilage flexibility might be a result of the release of some kind of unknown chemical compound.

They say spirituality is in the brain. That it effects our brain deeply. So the symbolic act's in exorcism's might set off the right parietal lobe and causes it to do something to expel the air things, all purely in the realm where pure speculation could meets reality..
www.livescience.com...

No matter. Had some interesting ideas, but didn't waste time going too deep into them as I doubt this thread will survive casual moderation.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I see a problem with that. Suppose we were to trap some wind in a jar and keep it in complete darkness. Would it be dead after a week? And how would you prove there is any organisms other than the established bacterium within the jar? How would you know if it was dead?

Your enjoyment of the wind is derived from your own chemical balance, not from the wind itself. Also, your analogy seems flawed. If the earth was flat, there is no way we could conduct a round world trip. Where exactly is the edge of the world? How can we travel all the way around in an airplane and never once see an edge or sense ourselves tipping over the lip?
edit on CSaturdaypm232302f02America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

i think i see the problem with your statements did you actually read what i wrote? did you understand what i implied or did you just dissect my statement and come up with objections for the sake of objecting? suppose you and i dont really exist and we are just figment of a gods imagination? as i implied in my statement in the FUTURE things will be different as knowledge will evolve, different understandings about reality will inevitably be discovered!! at this point in time maybe you can not capture a wind organism in a jar, you dont have the instrument to measure if it is a alive or dead as these things havent been created yet

As for the earth being flat i used this sentence as and example of how things from the future may sound to us in the present eg when Nicolaus Copernicus positioned the Sun near the center of the Universe, motionless, with Earth and the other planets rotating around it in circular paths modified by epicycles and at uniform speeds, he was ridiculed. I dont believe the earth to be flat i personally dont believe much of what anyone says as i dont think anyone has knowledge of all things yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

All matter is living
All that matters is life everything that lives has a beginning all beginnings are begot
But everything that has been begotten into beginning has an end.

Evil is live backwards and to live is to struggle against the backward motion of the universe
Death is the destiny of all that Lives
For something to have been alive it must Die for dieing is living and living is dieing
That is the knowledge of good and evil

"I [Lucifer] am the flame that burns in every heart of man, and in the core of every star. I am Life, and the giver of Life, yet therefore is the knowledge of me the knowledge of death..." -Aleister Crowley, The Book of the Law. 21

edit on 21-1-2012 by IblisLucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

I could put together half a dosen theories in a few days, i am that intelligent and creative.

One would have assumed that you would have done that BEFORE starting a thread about it.

You have claimed i made some remarks about you.

No, I did not. I said that you respond with insults. I did not say it was to me.

You may be even in for a lawsuit.
I am serious.

I think that just about says it all really.
You are hiding behind an attack on others which is without foundation. This is a public forum governed by rules. I am entitled to consider you have been insulting to others and certainly impolite to me but really all that you are doing is sliding round the crux of the matter which is that you will not respond with your thoughts on the subject matter.

Because i studied law and philosphy among other things.
And spoken in the context of this particular law, means written also.

Believe as you wish. The terms are defined, however you are welcome to speculate upon their meaning and interpretation.

You see in the scheme of things, i am free to speculate at mu leasure, however you are not free to libel/slander me in anyway.
Big mistake.
That goes for you 2 starchild.
If your in canada, little harder, but i am sure i have a case with your proven lie (slander also), to get sou banned.
Calling names however is unfortunalty not slander. Sorry for you.

A rather pathetic attempt at bravado really.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join