It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the wind alive, a living organism? (speculative)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by MaxJohnson

I think maybe the wind is an invisible spaghetti monster, slowly harvesting our energies so it can grow its noodles out to about 30 feet long. See, it is related to the giant squid, but a scientist took the giant squid and experimented on it for German warfare, resulting in an organic lifeform that resembles a great mass of spaghetti noodles oozing spaghetti sauce.

As this scientist continued to experiment, he accidentally turned his pet project invisible...and gave it the ability to stretch. Unfortunately, in its greed, it stretched itself so far out...that it became nearly intangible.

Now, it can only be felt when it gets agitated, which is nearly all the time because it is so upset over stratching itself out. It tried to hurt us, but realized it couldn't. Now, it will just sap our energies until it becomes solid enough to reclaim its position as the world's leading consumer of manflesh.

Yes, the flying spaghetti monster is real. However, due to an idiot German scientist, it become what we now call the "wind".

The wind is alive. We just can't prove it because the spaghetti monster is invisible.

You give hippies and stoners a bad name.

I thought this was for speculation only...which means we can have fun and delve into our imaginations...that's what OP said, right?

Yes but the wind is not a spagetthi monster is it?
You can observe it.
Anyway, i will find the bottom to expell you from this thread.
I have explained 3 times specificaly to you what this thread is about.
You are being a nusence and a troll, and i prupose your judeo god is just a bunch of words, maybe even a piece of sewage.
That is not an insult, but a viewpoint i have arrived at by observing you.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by BBalazs

Air: Air is the name given to atmosphere used in breathing and photosynthesis
Wind: Wind is the flow of gases on a large scale. On Earth, wind consists of the bulk movement of air.
Excellent.
Now, where does this disporove the possibillity that wind is a living organism, that moves the air?

It does not, neither does it disprove the possibility that it is not. So far all you have done is to contradict the valid scientific reasoning you have been presented with and failed to present any reasons to support oyur own theories.

At best wind is the "flow" of gases (meaning we have no idea),

Please explain why that statement means 'we' have no idea?

as no model replicates it percectly or eve. Close to perfectly, otherwise we would know when tornadoes etc happen, and could predict.

Since what we are talking about is modelling the total wind flow for the planet it is hardly surprising that models are not perfect, however I would take issue with you that the models are not even close to perfectly.

Anyway what drives the flow (the air)?
Atmospheric pressure?
Ok, so wind is atmopsheric pressure.

No it is not. It is the resultant flow of 'gas' due to a differential in atmospheric pressure. That is not the same thing.

What drives that?
No idea, right?
Well it could be solar flares.

In deed it could be solar flares, or at least insolation but I hardly think you can say that science has no idea on what causes changes in atmospheric pressure.

It could also be that we should examine if the wind is alive, as we have never done that.
I am propsing a new way, a new direction of inquiry.
Most of you are just propsing a circular arguement, that doesnt even disclude that it is alive.
It makes no difference scientifically if the wind is alive.

No you are not actually proposing anything as you are offering no arguments that can be tested to prove or disprove your hypothesis. You are flying in the face of science, which does not cause me a problem, but you are failing to make any move to substantiate your claims.

If you wish to propose a new theory that does not consist of trashing accepted theories without some form of reasoning.

edit on 21/1/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

This is a thread to ponder if the wind is alive.
So thanks, but no thanks.
Move along now.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

Originally posted by MaxJohnson

I think maybe the wind is an invisible spaghetti monster, slowly harvesting our energies so it can grow its noodles out to about 30 feet long. See, it is related to the giant squid, but a scientist took the giant squid and experimented on it for German warfare, resulting in an organic lifeform that resembles a great mass of spaghetti noodles oozing spaghetti sauce.

As this scientist continued to experiment, he accidentally turned his pet project invisible...and gave it the ability to stretch. Unfortunately, in its greed, it stretched itself so far out...that it became nearly intangible.

Now, it can only be felt when it gets agitated, which is nearly all the time because it is so upset over stratching itself out. It tried to hurt us, but realized it couldn't. Now, it will just sap our energies until it becomes solid enough to reclaim its position as the world's leading consumer of manflesh.

Yes, the flying spaghetti monster is real. However, due to an idiot German scientist, it become what we now call the "wind".

The wind is alive. We just can't prove it because the spaghetti monster is invisible.

You give hippies and stoners a bad name.

I thought this was for speculation only...which means we can have fun and delve into our imaginations...that's what OP said, right?

Yes but the wind is not a spagetthi monster is it?
You can observe it.
Anyway, i will find the bottom to expell you from this thread.
I have explained 3 times specificaly to you what this thread is about.
You are being a nusence and a troll, and i prupose your judeo god is just a bunch of words, maybe even a piece of sewage.
That is not an insult, but a viewpoint i have arrived at by observing you.

Prove it isn't the spaghetti monster! O_O besides, you said answers and conclusions weren't what this thread was about. You are contradicting yourself, now that I am following your "rules" of speculation.

I speculate that the wind is an invisible spaghetti monster. You decide it isn't good enough. In fact, you say it's a thread about "is the wind alive?" are we not allowed to answer the question?

Too bad. As long as we're "speculating", I still say it's a spaghetti monster.

edit on CSaturdaypm040403f03America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Oh, and the "spaghetti monster" theory is no more ridiculous than anything you guys are proposing. If I'm supposed to believe in organisms that are smaller than atomic particles that can be seen with a microscope, I'm going to go all out and declare the spaghetti monster not only very real, but the true identity of the wind as well.

Spaghetti monster can be anything.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Air and wind is the same thing. Thats like me saying "Man" and "A man running" is different. They are in different states but in the end they are both men. Just like air. Its just air being pushed around. I dont believe its alive.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Oh, and the "spaghetti monster" theory is no more ridiculous than anything you guys are proposing. If I'm supposed to believe in organisms that are smaller than atomic particles that can be seen with a microscope, I'm going to go all out and declare the spaghetti monster not only very real, but the true identity of the wind as well.

Spaghetti monster can be anything.

Good points.
I am now going to speculate upon einstein being the turd in my toilet.
No insult meant, but since we are speculating so broadly.
I am also speculating that jhve is fake, scam, and jesus was an idiot moron.
Just speculation.
As true as the spagethi monster.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by clypso
Air and wind is the same thing. Thats like me saying "Man" and "A man running" is different. They are in different states but in the end they are both men. Just like air. Its just air being pushed around. I dont believe its alive.

But don't you GET IT? You're supposed to SPECULATE...like, what if it WERE alive? Because some people apparently get mad if you don't ask that...

So you gotta wonder, if it were alive, what would it be? O_O in other words, your personal belief flies straight out the window, because it isn't part of the game.

edit on CSaturdaypm424212f12America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

No. Air is a part of wind.
It like an arm is a part of man.
Your analogy is false.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Ooooooh, good ones! And now I speculate that the earth is flat, the moon is cheese, the sun is a projection by the reptilians, Obama is actually a descendant of the flying spaghetti monster's baby brother, and America was founded by Hitler's great-great-grandfather!

Isn't this fun?

...I still think the wind is the spaghetti monster trying to kill everyone.

link   

But don't you GET IT? You're supposed to SPECULATE...like, what if it WERE alive? Because some people apparently get mad if you don't ask that...

So you gotta wonder, if it were alive, what would it be? O_O in other words, your personal belief flies straight out the window, because it isn't part of the game.

edit on CSaturdaypm424212f12America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)
Yeah you have a lot of personal beliefs.
Good for you.

link   
reply to post by BBalazs

First do not speak to me as if I am a child.

Second read what I wrote. I have not stated at any point that your hypothesis is wrong, however what I have said is that to state your hypothesis you must present some reasoning behind it. Not proof, reasoning.

So shall we try that again?

What is YOUR reasoning behind your speculation that the wind may be alive? It is not sufficient to say "what if the wind is alive" without give some reasons as to why you might think this. This is especially the case when science has provided a reasonable explanation for the wind.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

No. Air is a part of wind.
It like an arm is a part of man.
Your analogy is false.

Alright. It's official. You know absolutely nothing about the wind.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

Second read what I wrote. I have not stated at any point that your hypothesis is wrong, however what I have said is that to state your hypothesis you must present some reasoning behind it. Not proof, reasoning.

What is YOUR reasoning behind your speculation that the wind may be alive? It is not sufficient to say "what if the wind is alive" without give some reasons as to why you might think this. This is especially the case when science has provided a reasonable explanation for the wind.

That isn't how the game is played.
balaz has been trying to beat the rules into my head, but I'm not use to playing with children. You're supposed to play it by HIS rules.

And according to his rules of speculation, I'm saying the spaghetti monster is the wind, because no one can prove other wise if the spaghetti monster is both invisible and intangible due to German experimentation in its youth.
edit on CSaturdaypm282817f17America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

balaz has been trying to beat the rules into my head, but I'm not use to playing with children. You're supposed to play it by HIS rules.

And according to his rules of speculation, I'm saying the spaghetti monster is the wind, because no one can prove other wise if the spaghetti monster is both invisible and intangible due to German experimentation in its youth.
edit on CSaturdaypm282817f17America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

You are right!
We dont need books! History! Sciences!
After all a large part is speculation.
We need a leader like you, starchild!
Guide us comrade!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I would also have to say to you then that some reasoning behind the speculation is required. I believe it is possible that the spaghetti monster may be responsible for the wind, but not actually be the wind since we know that the wind is a movement of air. Now if the spaghetti monster were to cause turbulence whilst moving invisibly through the atmosphere this could indeed give rise to the wind. The matter of being intangible due to German experimentation must probably remain in the realms of unfounded speculation unless we know the nature of the spaghetti monster before such experimentation took place. Could it in fact be that the spaghetti monster has always been intangible?

One problem that may arise here is that if the SM is intangible would he/it actually be able to cause turbulence?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

Reread the threads.
Science may say what it wishes, it has not offered a cihorent explantion.
Were is the formula for wind? The equation?
Even if it had it, this thread is not about science.
Reread.
If you have trouble comprehending ahat speculation is, dont do it.
And dont te em what i and others can speculate upon, it is aki. To being a nazi.
Not an insult, but an analogy.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

You are right!
Guide us comrade!

Gladly! First, I need you to shut the hell up so someone with sense can get a word in edgewise. Also, I need this entire thread to die because it's hindering the evolutionary process of our entire species. Additionally, you must deliver 4 metric tons of gold to my doorstep.

If you can't do that, then a simple sacrifice to the gods of virility should suffice. You obviously need it.

That said, I'm a little confused why you should sarcastically debase the foundries of science when you are the one who has discarded them in favor of speculation. I used every scientific means possible to support my idea, before you convinced me to join your game. Now I'm wrong because I joined your game?

Good game, bro. Maybe next time you'll win.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

You are right!
Guide us comrade!

Gladly! First, I need you to shut the hell up so someone with sense can get a word in edgewise. Also, I need this entire thread to die because it's hindering the evolutionary process of our entire species. Additionally, you must deliver 4 metric tons of gold to my doorstep.

If you can't do that, then a simple sacrifice to the gods of virility should suffice. You obviously need it.

That said, I'm a little confused why you should sarcastically debase the foundries of science when you are the one who has discarded them in favor of speculation. I used every scientific means possible to support my idea, before you convinced me to join your game. Now I'm wrong because I joined your game?

Good game, bro. Maybe next time you'll win.

Yeah you son alright.
Your kingdom is arrogance.
No history, literature And science for you! It highly speculative.
What made you come back after you stormed kf like a little child, to report this thread.
Did you come back for this?
To show how truly and amazingly arrogant zou are?
And it not just that.
Your are a proven lier.
And you can think only is sytems of 2.
So there, there child.
You won.
Speculation is no baned.
The earth is flat and the sun revolvea around the sun. Beneath your feat lie hell.

Incidently where did i debase science, can you quote me or back to hallucinating again?
edit on 21-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zelion
Now that you mention it I kpjust realize that it may be something that trigger the movement of air (wind), gravitation? Or is there a big fan blowing
lol

It's caused by pressure differentials from terrain, temperature, humidity.. are there no meteorologists on here who can get these guys back on their meds? Need an expert to explain it properly.

Jeez louise. Living organism.. What next, ATS?

edit on 21-1-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
All winds are caused by differences in air pressure, which are usually caused by the sun. When high air pressure flow into low air pressure, it creates wind.

Our planet turns around the Sun on an axis with a 23 degree tilt towards the North Star. The difference of heating on the surface of the Earth (between the equator and the pole) causes a mass of hot air to go up and to displace colder air toward the bottom - this all causes movement in the mass of air that is contain in our atmosphere. This is the wind!

Read more: wiki.answers.com...
reply to post by BBalazs

Now I know it is a wiki answer but wind is a naturally occurring process caused by pressure. I guess the true definition of being alive would have to include some form of conscious thought which is highly doubtful.

My 2 cents. Cheers

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join