It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog shot to death with pellet gun in Hingham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Source

Police are investigating the Thursday afternoon shooting death of a dog in Hingham.

Stanley, a 7-year-old Australian Cattle and German Shepherd mix, was enjoying a day outside when he was killed.

According to investigators, Stanley's owner let him out in the back yard of a home on Chamberlain Run as he did work on the home.

The owner went back to work and one hour later found his pooch dead with some type of puncture wound to his body.

What kind of sick people do this to animals?

Me and my wife saw this on the news and were absolutely disgusted by it, I had to share it as it brought a tear to my wife.

I do not understand the thinking if some people, and do not understand the mentality of why people do stuff like this.

Disgusting...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

You have to be one sick POS to do this to a harmless animal. I wish I did not read it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I agree this is cruel, but in my opinion this is no different than the entire meat industry that so many people support. Animals suffer, are tortured, are killed- but because they have no name, are not a pet to anyone, nobody bats an eye. Not trying undermine the cruelty of what you shared by the way, I have had dogs, and a cat currently, I know how close they can be to us, and the rage I feel thinking of anyone doing that to them is indescribable.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
I agree this is cruel, but in my opinion this is no different than the entire meat industry that so many people support. Animals suffer, are tortured, are killed- but because they have no name, are not a pet to anyone, nobody bats an eye. Not trying undermine the cruelty of what you shared by the way, I have had dogs, and a cat currently, I know how close they can be to us, and the rage I feel thinking of anyone doing that to them is indescribable.

One of my favorite quotes is 'If your not mad your not paying attention.' it applies to a lot and means a lot.

The meat industry is disgusting, but, at least we eat the animal. This dog died for no reason but for someone's enjoyment. I understand what your saying but different subjects IMO.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Stop it with the self righteousness, I agree there is a lot of abuse that goes on in the meat industry but those animals will at least be eaten and will not go to waste.

This was someone's pet, these sick and twisted thugs should be hunted down and they should be made to pay for these repulsive acts.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I hope the person or persons that killed this innocent animal will live with this moment for rest of their lives.

I hope it tourtures them in their waking hours and I hope the actions become demons within their dreams.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

very appropriate quote. I can see why you would say it calls for a different discussion, although I dont agree the acts are any different, even if the animal is used for food.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Man this again.

So if someone were to gun down a child, it's no different to the meat industry.. Take your gibberish to a relevant thread?

A PET is more than your hamburger, I wish you people would start to learn the difference. Despite your last sentence, I don't believe that just because a cow is slaughtered for food, it in anyway compares to some low life scum shooting a pet.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

oh noes, another self righteous vegetarian in our midst
- It took considerable time to make the decision to stop eating meat, and I wont get into the reasons for the animals sake, those are obvious. Think about this, when someone is dieing of cancer, it is on numerous occassions shown if they have a good attitude the chances of survival are much higher, I have seen this myself, and I have seen the opposite. So this is one of many possible examples of the direct relationship between thinking and the body. Now, if we raise animals, born into a factory, surrounded by death, how do you think they feel? Their bodies become charged with fear, with stress, that is then consumed by a human. If this is true, think about what it does to an individual, and to society as a whole. Sounds like nonsense I know but for what its worth I know this is true for my own life.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
As I'm snuggled under the covers in my bed with one of my Siberian Huskies I am deeply disturbed and disgusted by this story. I would treat an attack on one of my dogs like an attack on me....it would not be good for the other person for me to catch them....I promise.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

oh dont get into a twist everyone, my opinion is relevant if anyone actually takes it seriously and gets beyond their own 'truths'. We have no right to tread on anothers freedom, not a cows or a dogs or a birds, they are conscious, meaning they feel - pain, love, or otherwise, thats reason enough to not want to do them harm.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

very appropriate quote. I can see why you would say it calls for a different discussion, although I dont agree the acts are any different, even if the animal is used for food.

The people that are killing in a slaughterhouse are killing for food, these people that killed the pet killed for fun.

You are comparing the act on the animal and not separating the persons intentions. People can be mean to animals because they do not understand they have feeling similar to ours, they think we are above them and they were put here for our enjoyment, thank religion for that one. Those people do not think of hurting an animal as a heinous act, you cannot hate them for ignorance. You can inform them and help them understand, but hating them is wrong.

I always have this argument with my wife. She always tells me she would kill these people given the chance, where as I say they are just ignorant, they do not understand they are committing a heinous act, to them it is like squashing an ant. (which people can feel bad for but it doesn't ruin their day) If we hurt them because they hurt an animal it makes us worse people because we know we are hurting a fellow human being and understand what they would be going through. They have ignorance on their side and we have hatred.

Although the animals in either a slaughterhouse or this pet might experience similar feelings as they are dying, one man is doing it to feed and another man is doing it for enjoyment. Same outcome different MO's.

Pred...

You are kind if doing the same thing that you are saying others are doing, just not on the animal on the persons involved.

edit on 21-1-2012 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join