It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sitchin - Catholic Problem

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by SplitInfinity

i'm familar with the worst kind of violence, the kind done against another individual or group of individuals that leads to the deaths of their bodies by first, driving them slowly insane from swelling in their brain. you wanna compare footnotes? this a spittin' contest?

so like withdraw the slapping around comment so we can have actual conversation like two adults or heet de road.

UNDO....just trust me on this one...unless you have served and this would have to be in Heavy Duty form...Special Forces....Delta...or the associates I work with...and I am "Civilian"...not Military...but I work with them....you would would not want to compare notes.

I do not like spitting contests because they are worthless...what I value is my sanity thus that is why I am...ALLOWED...to post here...and I would much rather have a good debate with you. I suppose I tend to get rilled up when people talk about VIOLENCE. I have many Demons that I have to deal with and believe me...you would not want the burden. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
reply to post by SplitInfinity

SplitInfinity,

Hi, the OP was a book! Sorry, I didn't read all of it. If you don't mind, would you share your faith background, were you baptized Roman Catholic? Maybe not.

Evolution, is a theory. When you make Science your God or your own intellect you simply can't see Our Lord's mother Mary did not come from the apes. God keeps things separate, a species evolves within itself but no species evolves into another.

Science isn't always right. And the same about disbelievers putting down
the faith. It's pure pride to think the teachings of the faith passed down
from the Apostles to Christians today are not true, as if the first Christians hearing it from Our Lord got it wrong. Remember, Peter and all of the Apostles but beloved John were martyred for their beliefs!

Who could stand to go their entire life thinking we can't know our creator's
beautiful plan for humanity. God has revealed it, forget PO.

In our time, God is going to bring about a 2nd Pentecost for the entire world this time. Amen and Alleluia

God bless you all reading this thread,

Colbe...I wish I could see the world through your eyes...but my eyes are now fully open and no longer have that secure ability to divide things into Good and Evil. All my eyes see are ENDLESS shades of Grey. I think it's good that you find solace in your religion. I even think it's good that people...whether there is or is not...believe in a GOD because....people are DANGEROUS ANIMALS!
Because of my sometimes...Job...I have seen and esperienced things that change a persons entire perspective of reality. I don't care if it was the POPE himself...if he was with me...he would be taking the hat off.
My only solace is my sometimes ability to bring BALANCE...as that is my job...I solve problems...one way or the other. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Kabbalah is a set of esoteric teachings meant to explain the relationship between an eternal and mysterious Creator and the mortal and finite universe (His creation). Now I would say not to study Kabbalah ,but at the same time understand that these codes are there ...Its like the guys looking for the god particle ..Some subject matter is real weather we believe it or not ..The Bible lays out in plain simple text not to practice some things ..Now we could look at what the guys are trying to find and just say boys with toys will be boys ..But if they get it wrong and mess up really bad its probably not going to be as going to Canadian Tire to fix the damage ....well same issue when talking about spiritual things ..There are 2 sides to that coin and one is called the occult ...peace ps the text is plain and understandable ..the code is the brush marks of the creator that created the text ...When you see what is underlying the whole you come to the conclusion that a man could not have created it

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

The text is plain and understandable but most people never figure it out. Sorry but that sounds like double talk.

If it was in plain text then there wouldn't be all the different interpretations. Did you see the Mauro Biglino vid on page 2. Well the OP is saying that god arrives via a wormhole and according to Biglino and his literal interpretation god arrives in a ship. I'm sure most believe that he's not using anything to get there and the reason things fly around when he shows up is because he's awsome like that. Which one is the truth?

edit on 24-1-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The reason for the differences are dew to interpretation ...the plain text says its of no personal interpretation ..I think you find that in 1st peter ...The plain text says use the whole counsel of God ..ie the word of God .I simple way to understand water baptism ,sprinkle or immerse is to go to the Greek word which means to immerse .. I had a hard time coming to grips with the different versions of the Bible until one day I sat down and started reading the Ausi Bible ..and it became clear to me that ,although we are all man we all communicate differently in different places at different times ....I guess casually reading the bible we skip over subtleties that if studied would reveal a different perspective ....Oh and I did watch the vid on that new bible and got a pdf copy as well ...I don't think it will change in any dramatic way the basic truth of the scriptures but might tweak a few minds one way or another ...Sometimes it just good to step back,think about it for a moment and refocus ....peace I guess for me its about getting closer to understanding the truth that makes me want study it a bit better

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

"..The text is plain and understandable but most people never figure it out. Sorry but that sounds like double talk." that is what you said ..I said the text is understandable ....Now we could go into why some might better understand it ,but I think we may be derailing the op.............sorry undo if that is the case ..peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

The reason for the differences are dew to interpretation

That is the whole point. Plain text doesn't lend itself to interpretations.

I did watch the vid on that new bible and got a pdf copy as well ...I don't think it will change in any dramatic way the basic truth of the scriptures

That vid is 1 of 6. He says god is not a god but actually one of many aliens that live and die just like any other creature and didn't have special powers but just advanced technology. He also says that there is no original sin and therefore no need for jesus to die for our sins. If that isn't different than what is accepted as the basic truth of scripture then I don't know what is.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

sorry I didnt watch all of the vids and wasnt aware if the stuff he was trying suggest ..sorry ..I think I can safley say I disagree with him ....Oh I was going to post this for you .and still will ,, but I may have misunderstood where you were comming from ,,sorry if that is the case ..any here is what I came up with ...peace I would like to demonstrate a certain principal about the difference between reading the bible and studying the bible ..It will require you to do 2 things ...1st read chapter 5 of the book of Genesis ...then come back and click on the video link ...then consider for a moment what the differences are ...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

You are correct in the Mass Extinction Events and these sre also observed in the Human Genome...one form of Man or another has endured multiple E.L.E.'s as well as Ice Ages and even Magnetic Polar shifts as well as Super Volcanism...the last such great one...much larger than the one that caused what was called the Dark Ages....was Yellowstone which errupts every 750,000 yearsd or so...since man has ben around in one form or another for 4 to 5 Million Years....Man experienced many of these.

But it is in the Genome...the adaptation and die off as well as the lessor of diversity in the DNA after the die off.

This was way before the Biblical time of Adam and Eve...by the way...you need a breeding population of at least 900 to 1100 Humans to continue a species. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the time but that really doesn't do much for me. Just like he says in the video that there is no way that you can convince him that it is coincidence, I'm not really convinced that it isn't a bit of a stretch. Made up my own list using this site and this is what I came up with:

Adam----------Man
Seth------------Appointed
Enosh----------Frail Man
Kenan----------Lamenter
Mahalalel-----Praise Of God
Jared-----------Descend
Enoch----------Initiated
Methuselah--Man of a javelin
Lamech-------For humiliation
Noah-----------Rest

Looks nothing like Missler's list. Doesn't even look like it could mean anything. Before you blame me of picking and choosing to get this result I will admit it but then Missler did the same.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Jesus dieing for your sins is all wrong, misinterpretation of metaphor, or purposely used fairy tale to control and belittle followers...

jesus died because civilization could not operate on his divine understanding of order,individuals in a community would not live in harmony, jesus was all about promoting harmony, they didnt understand he died,,,

religion now is last effort tool of control to keep the true power of individual divine recognition out of the hands and mind of the individual, and so they vicariously experience life as themselves on this planet via fairy tale.. it removes them from the reality that they are in fully control of themselves and all actions, and so all people are fully in control of themselves and their actions, and so all people can by useage of that control and will create a harmonious civilization i.e. jesus' kingdom of heaven on earth,,,

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Yes but Missler also takes into acount the whole body of scripture and that makes the nugget hiden in the genology more precious ...peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yeah but he fudges some of the meanings of those names to make it fit. Methuselah doesn't even come close to being "his death will bring". It is supposed to be someone who is armed so if anything it should be "he will bring death" which really changes Misslers list even if the rest are left alone.

Besides the point was that the text is anything but plain. If you have to go skipping x number of letters as he shows in another vid how is that plain text?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I am not sure how to put this exactly .... in the vid where he talks about the skipped letters and finds a order that shows up if investigated you see something that is noticeable ..Like he says I not sure what you should do with it but its there ....now if you take the whole bible as a source and look for ,well say the name Hitler you can find it ,,no big deal like he says if you squeeze the data hard enough it will confess to anything ....but if you type in Hitler ,Holocaust,and other things of that nature it will show up all over the bible but will also show up stronger beneath the text that talks about the subject mater ... He took the names of the people in the gospels including Judas Iscariot and turned on the computer ...ok so the names show up all over the place but they show up as a group of people without Judas under the text in the psalm describing the crucifixion of Christ ... Its not prof of anything but its there ..now what you do with this information Is up to you .. There is nothing I can do with it but its there ...its only information that exist ...peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I just did a random search for Methuselah and got a meaning that says he has sent his death ...not exatly but somewhat ...peace www.christianityoasis.com...

edit on 24-1-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

But it isn't "plain text" it is "coded text" which has been my point all along. How was the average person from say 20 years ago or earlier supposed to have known about things like this?

Monkeys tapping away at typeweritters come to mind. There are over 3.5 million letters in the book. That's a huge word jumble and being able to hop, skip and jump in any direction ups the probability of coincidences. Reminds me of numerology. Might be fun and even surprising but divinely coded? What about other languages? That Hitler instance would probably not show up in the same place in a bible in a different language.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

I, honestly, would like you to define "GOD" as you understand him/her/universe/multiverse.
Feel free to reply here, or UTU me.
Thanks. Fnord.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Its not the other languages that the bible codes are being found although that may be the case in some but are from the hebrew and greek text ...both have a numerical value to their letters ...peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

What I used was this site Methuselah which actually goes into the etymology. He sends his death sounds more like sending someone to kill not to die.

Its not the other languages that the bible codes are being found although that may be the case in some but are from the hebrew and greek text ...both have a numerical value to their letters ...peace

So yet another layer of manipulation just adds to the fun.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The subject is not new as to the # value of the Greek and Hebrew language ...Bullinger from the 1800 wrote about it ..the study goes back a long time ago...There is a small book that is available in pdf called the seal of God by F C Payne ..in it he looks at numbers in nature and numbers in scripture ...its a interesting read ...check it out ...peace I have the revised book by E R Fink

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join