It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who actually likes Romney?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm serious here. MSM is always saying how people in such-and-such state like Mitt, but I've never met a single person who does. Online, or otherwise. If there are so many of these Romney supporters out there, why aren't they vocal in any way? Where are they? Are they gnomes?

eta, I'm going to bed, not trolling or anything. That's why I'm not responding to anything anyone says five minutes from now.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Mr Headshot because: SLEEP

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I know of none myself

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Romney loves Romney...bet he walks into walls, while walking down a street, checking himself out, in the glass windows......
edit on 21-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I loved the way he danced around every question last night. Not one straight answer.Better footwork than Muhammed Ali. But still not as smooth as Pig Newton getting applause for blaming the MSM when he got caught with his pants down.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

No One I know, either.

Weird He is getting such high numbers at the primaries.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Romney may not be an ideal candidate but he is a Moderate. He did approve Health Care in Mass. and it works fairly well. He does have a track record of getting things done. I am not thrilled about his connection to the Mormon Church but as Mass. Governer...no issues came up.

I would rather have a Moderate in than someone from either party that is too left or right. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Romney may not be an ideal candidate but he is a Moderate. He did approve Health Care in Mass. and it works fairly well. He does have a track record of getting things done. I am not thrilled about his connection to the Mormon Church but as Mass. Governer...no issues came up.

I would rather have a Moderate in than someone from either party that is too left or right. Split Infinity

There ya go OP...someone who like Romney...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Who actually like Newt either? He came out of no where, soared in the polls. And all this after all the antics he pulled as Speaker of the House. He upset the Republicans so much he resigned as Speaker in 1998.

People...especially Southerners...like those in SC where the primary is about to occur don't really take all too kindly to Mormons. I'm not trying to bash his religion, but that's how they are there.I don't see how anyone can like either of them....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Who actually like Newt either? He came out of no where, soared in the polls. And all this after all the antics he pulled as Speaker of the House. He upset the Republicans so much he resigned as Speaker in 1998.

People...especially Southerners...like those in SC where the primary is about to occur don't really take all too kindly to Mormons. I'm not trying to bash his religion, but that's how they are there.I don't see how anyone can like either of them....

What I really want to know about Romney is...does he wear those magic underwear.....but, I am a Southern gal...

edit on 21-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I dont like him at all. If the republicans nominate him over Ron Paul I am leaving the Republican party.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

and I will ride out with you.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Can't stand him. I mean can you get nay more PLASTIC than this guy all the way around?

And anyone who subscribes to a belief system that is not based on any historical fact and the 'author' of said cult says he wore 'magic glasses' to 'get the word'... Nawwww... Last thing we need is another President with a 'magic' way of looking at reality for cripes sake.

peace

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I doubt anyone who actually do some research on the guy will end up supporting him, trouble is, most people that seem to support him are the older generations that don´t hang around on the internet much. These older folks rely on what they are getting fed from the MSM. That is the problem methinks.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Older people like him, there are still a lot of older people out there even though we don't see them much.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The op seems to forget we are a corporatist society now. It doesn't matter how many people you have behind you it's the corporations you can get to support you that wins elections. And the corporations know a guy like Romney can be bought.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Older people isn't everyone. Sure, it's a crucial part of the vote but it isn't THE vote.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Who likes any of them I ask!!!??? Newt comes over as a complete smug asshole who's preaching about family values while asking for open relationships. Romney is a typical bought sock puppet who will say anything to get paid, even "corporations are people". Santorum made so many bigoted remarks, he clearly can't represent the country...and so did Ron Paul. At least Ron Paul has some good ideas (end the wars, etc.), but when his solution to bribed politicians is "make them sign a voluntary pledge", and when he applies this same method to solving financial misconduct at Wall Street, it's pretty clear that he's unelectable too.

And on the other side we have Obama who signed indefinite detentions into law.

Great choices!!! It's like being asked whether you want to be shot, stabbed, or beaten to death.

Also, if I were leading a debate, I'd ask Romney: "Do you believe in magic underwear?"

If his answer is "yes", I'd laugh and ask him if he's a plant by Stephen Colbert. Because no way can he be serious. If he is, he's clearly INSANE and shouldn't be anywhere near the nuclear codes. I'd ask the others about whether they believe the world is only 6-10k years old, and whether talking snakes are real. If they say yes too, I'd simply shut down the debate. Why on earth would you talk to crazy people????
edit on 22-1-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Okay, can someone please answer this question - HOW THE HELL DID GINGRICH WIN IN SC!?!?

What the hell is wrong with you Americans, you truly are utterly and completely stupid

(in general ofc, not everyone)
edit on 22-1-2012 by Skizo91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skizo91
Okay, can someone please answer this question - HOW THE HELL DID GINGRICH WIN IN SC!?!?

What the hell is wrong with you Americans, you truly are utterly and completely stupid

(in general ofc, not everyone)
edit on 22-1-2012 by Skizo91 because: (no reason given)

So far the same audience applauded people dying, racist comments, making a joke out of family values, candidates being complete and utter hypocrites. So why exactly are you surprised?

Newt won because he attacked the media and that made him SEEM strong...and some people like that quality in a president. Of course it's laughable because he just did it to deflect from the FACT that he's a complete hypocrite when it comes to family values...so it was never about strength, it was a panic move. Sometimes the best defence is a good offence.

They essentially voted for the guy who wants to turn the US into China by reintroducing child labour. What a joke

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The answer to the thread title is: the very wealthy folks.

The very wealthy folks LOVE republicans because the republicans always fill their pockets at the expense of the middle-class.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join