It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ALL born into sin and only by accepting JESUS as Lord and Savior can you get to heaven, right

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I am an Atheist so this means nothing to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
You forgot the belief that we born.. live only one life.. and if we fail we will be in hell eternally.. ETERNALLY!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by arpgme

What do you think about this?

I think its a load of horseshmit....

Hell doesn't exist... babies don't go to hell, nor do sinners or anyone else for that matter...

Hell is a fear based conversion tactic... which only works on the simple minded or people that fear the unknown...

Everyone gets into the afterlife... without exception... Though once you're there, you will be judged by your deeds in this life....

Good luck to everyone at that time

So what do you think about the near death experiences, when they see hell? Why do they see that ?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
You have stumbled upon one of the many inconsistencies and straight out wrong ideas in religion.

Unless this is hell...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It's a crock...of course...surprise, surprise...

And throughout the thread, and any like this, you'll find 'committed' christians backpedalling to explain the convenient dispensations to account for the discrepancies.

We were, by the erroneous definition, all born into sin...

What a loving gesture from the most lovingest God...not...

Paying for others' sins is unfair and ridiculous, and pretty well cancels out the precept of personal salvation through the auspices of One messenger, to pay for everyone elses sins...does that really make any sense?

Either way, from a procedural sense, it makes no sense...never will, never has...

As a miniscule cog in a 'forever turning' process, we are all individually responsible for our own actions and thoughts...mmm...responsibility...think about this word, when pondering the mechanics of FREE WILL.

We are all individually responsible for the individual, group, planet, system uplift...
Take control...take responsibility...

Akushla

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Actually Proverbs blesses those, whom on their own effort, find Christ (it refers to "the lord" but the way it is written is clearly meaning Christ"

As to the rest of the world,...

There is evidence, God knows how, that somehow Christianity or Judaism reached America centuries prior.

No, not those silly Mormons. About 80 or something years before them, a few documents from Pennsylvanian document the discovery of stone mason ruins which had Hebrew written on them.

There is also speculation that Enoch and Elijah were both taken to preach elsewhere in the world, as the way they "ascended" was similar to the way Philip was teleported.

Furthermore, babies would not be in hell because Jesus said only children and those like children get to go into heaven. Jesus was the epitome of innocence after all.

Furthermore, it all has to do with time. God is not your dictator. He gives you the right to rebel. Otherwise he would have sent Christ earlier. But man decided to make his own path. Only after thousands of years of murder and mayhem, when mankind finally reached modernity in China, Europe, and America, yet still within sin and destruction, was it clear Christ was needed, least man continue on such a path.

So uh, did I get everything in your op? Also proof for all this? Just ask.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The OP has determined in his heart to mock God by arguing "original sin" which is not mentioned as a doctrine in scriptures but is accepted nevertheless by some denominations. By participating in the endless arguments of such a person you merely encourage them to continue their attacks on God.

One need only to look at the OP's previous threads and posts to see he is a misguided soul who is desparately trying to strike out at God. People who spend their lives in such obvious mental anguish are to be pitied. Their whole lives are spent in belittling others beliefs to bring contentment to their own tortured soul.

edit on 22-1-2012 by romanmel because: typo

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
We all know that religion is just BS. I can't believe how gullible some people are.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I worship the sun. It provides me with everything I need.

- Light
- Heat
- Vitamin D
- Warmth
- A nice summer tan

And the list goes on.

In fact without the sun, we'd all be dead!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

Not everybody. Religion serves its purpose. Good and bad, just like any other political, economic, or social entity. Nothing about it distinguishes it from other things and if it didn't exist, nothing about the world would be different.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: Le Spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Untrue. Evolution would simply take another path. Your god is merely a necessity by chance natural selection.

If there is life under the icy seas of Europa, your god is dead there.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You realize of course that his laws and words are all written by man? This is undeniable. Gods words come from the hand and mouth of man. You are accepting another human beings word that what he wrote "in the bible" was devinely inspired by god and not this mans own thoughts and ideas of what god would think or say.

Esentially what your saying is if you were born to a family and neighborhood that believed in the Jedi then you would accept that as your religion just as you have accepted christ. It is the same thing...

Religion is a creation of man and passed on to you by other men. How do you know those voices and feelings in your head are not your own mind?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pheniks

Some are convinced that

before we are born,

we meet with THE FATHER

and decide together what challenges and major events we'll have in our earthly life

for our spiritual growth.

Then knowledge of that is wiped or hidden from us during our life here.

There's no Biblical statements to that effect. There are none against such an idea.

It DOES SOUND LIKE something FATHER GOD WOULD do.

It is consistent with His Character.

Lots of things are not as they seem.

There are a lot of paradoxes about suffering.

Regardless . . . the finite is logically . . .

hardly in a position to judge the Infinite.

Our perspective is inadequate.

Our criteria are grossly flawed and uninformed.

Our knowledge is too anemic.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Not my reality.

I wandered through most of the other major -isms in my younger years.

Finally, I asked The Lord to make His Word and Relationship REAL to me in a way I could wrap my understanding around and have confidence in. That if He did, I'd follow Him the rest of my life. He did.

I have been . . . in my flawed way . . . redeemed by The Blood of The Lamb, enlivened and assisted by His Spirit and angels.

A RELATIONSHIP

is not RELIGION.

He has set his Word up and reality up in such a fashion

that those of a rebellious, arrogant bent . . . are not likely to see THE TRUTH nor connect lastingly with Him.

Clever that. Minimizes more rebellions in Heaven.

edit on 22/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: left a keyword out

edit on 22/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: ditto

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by Xeven

A RELATIONSHIP

is not RELIGION.

edit on 22/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: left a keyword out

edit on 22/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: ditto

A relationship may be a religion, but following a book and letting it guide your life sure is...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by novastrike81

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Even basic Physics says that the soul/spirit must exist forever. It has no mass, therefore is unaffected by time.

Sources, please. You also need to prove that souls even exist outside of pseudoscience. You can't make up your own Physics and pass it on as fact.

If it has no mass it's not affected gravity, velocity. Therefore it is unaffected by time. Einstein discovered time is a physical property.

Source?? E=mc^2

You still haven't proven souls existed outside pseudoscience. I doubt you even understand what E=MC^2 even means.

It's saying that mass is a property of energy, and energy is also a property of mass connected by a constant. The equation is saying that energy always exhibits a relative form of mass in whatever state the energy takes. So, you're wrong when you say "it has no mass it's not affected by gravity" because that makes no sense in real Physics.

So using your "real source" please prove a soul exists in a vacuum. That is what the equation is meant for.
edit on 22-1-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hell doesn't exist. Heaven on earth could exist if the people were smarter. So maybe we are actually living in hell now on earth?

What about someone that is born and is never taught about Jesus? Does that mean that person would go to hell? Doesn't make much sense to me. I wonder if Jesus ever said anything about hell.

IMO, Jesus was 1/2 man and 1/2 alien. He said the kingdom of god is within us, and I take that to mean that it is up to us to create our own heaven here on earth.

That's my Sunday school lesson.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Anyone who's testified of an NDE is evidence there is existence outside of the 4 dimensions we call "reality". The spirit/soul has no mass, therefore it is not bound by the 4th dimension in any way. (space time)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
I worship the sun. It provides me with everything I need.

- Light
- Heat
- Vitamin D
- Warmth
- A nice summer tan

And the list goes on.

In fact without the sun, we'd all be dead!

So true - the same can be said about the Moon - we need her as well

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Stop contradicting yourself. You just quoted your source "E=MC^2" that specifically requires mass and energy in order to work. Then you say a soul has no mass and is unaffected by gravity. Pick a position, you can't have both.

NDE's may be fascinating but it's not proof of anything. My mother died three times after having a seizure and said she saw nothing. So according to you she has no soul even though she is religious like you.

As far as I'm concerned they are just physiological events caused by the brain to ease the process of dying.
edit on 22-1-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join