It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ALL born into sin and only by accepting JESUS as Lord and Savior can you get to heaven, right

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Genesis one the account of Creation is accurate. Animal created before man.

Genesis two the account of the Garden of Eden, man in the Garden before animal, also accurate.

Animals were created to inhabit the earth before Adam was created to inhabit Eden. God because he is God and can do these things simply decided to create each animal in Eden for Adam to name. Or do you think he should have grabbed the ones he already created because your wisdom surpasses his?

There is no contradiction, one is the account of the whole earth and one is the account of Eden. This is not nearly as complicated as you wish it was.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by Gorman91

Alright can you give us the biblical references you are talking about that show a literal interpretation of the bible and support science at the same time?

Make sure they are clear verses and not vague generalizations.

Can you give me the scientific evidence that refutes the bible?

And be sure it is clear evidence based only on provable facts. No assumptions allowed.

We could do this all day, and we will prove only that you have faith in men and I have faith in God.
edit on 24-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Apparently you are an expert in ancient Hebrew. Or maybe there is a logical answer for the Hare.

www.tektonics.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

There can't be an argument when you vehemently deny it every time.

What am I denying?

Cud is produced from Ruminants, i.e. not a Hare.

To modern definitions. We have no idea if the word cud became that. Culture, and language, change.

My mistake though, I forgot to add 20-23. But being nitpicky as you are, you failed to realized the verses preceeding it.

Nope. Not seeing where it says all insects have four legs. Sorry. It says all insects that have four legs you should stay from.

Positive, typical Christian rebuttals. Lots of fluff and no fill.

You say that, but you don't say how. Without a how, it's just "because I say so".

Like I said. Still waiting for where exactly this whole "you're denying modern science if you believe in that stuff" is. I'll keep waiting. Got a whole semester.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think it is a perversion of Christianity.
The original idea that may have been perverted to create that believe is that Jesus was born with no prior karma/sin (virgin birth), yet he incarnated on earth and through his good works and his suffering lifted a large amount of the worlds karma/sin burden, and also through his teaching influenced millions of people to follow his example and thus lift more of the karma/sin from the world. For more information read consciouslivingfoundation.org... by William Atkinson. This is an alternate view of christianity, which in my opinion makes alot more sense than the idea you are questioning. For example, instead of a star guiding the wise men from the east (known for thier knowledge of astronomy), they noticed a peculiar conjunction in the sky, with planet/planets that governed israel (I dont understand astronomy, just what I read in book), and thus new were to look, and that the 'master' that they were waiting for due to phrophecy had been born. The knowledge of Jesus life that Atkinson has would presumably have come from the various occult societies he learned from, look up William Walker Atkinsons life and all the books he wrote to see that he deeply into the occult. Dont let the word occult turn you of, all it means is 'hidden'.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Sorry, but ALL insects have 6 legs not 4. Never heard of what is classified as an insect to have 4 legs. Never, but there is a chance that there could be up to 25+ million species of insects.

So much for the word of god in the bible being without error.

Reality wins again.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If you are interested in REALITY you should read www.yogebooks.com...

By the way it is a book, not about yoga though the website just offers the book.

edit on 25-1-2012 by MoeSantana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Answer to 'OP' quoted from www.consciouslivingfoundation.org... I could put it my own words, but this author puts it very forcefully. I know it will take 5mins to read but please do you will never look at christianity the same again

We would ask our students to pause at this point and contrast the teachings of Mystic Christianity regarding
the doctrine of Christ, the Savior, with the corresponding teachings of the current Orthodox Theology.
On the one hand we have Jesus the God-Man deliberately choosing the work of the World Redemption and
Salvation, and descending into the circle of the World-Karma, relinquishing the privilege of His Godhood and
taking upon Himself the penalties of Manhood; not only undergoing the sufferings of the physical man, but
also binding Himself upon the Cross of Humanity for ages, that by His spiritual presence in and of the race He
might lift up humanity to godhood.
On the other hand, we have a picture of an angry Deity, manifesting purely human emotion and temper, bent
on revenging himself upon the race which he had created, and demanding its eternal punishment in hell-fire;
then the same Deity creating a Son whom he sent into the world, that this Son might be the victim of a blood-atonement and death upon the cross, that the Deity's wrath might be appeased and the blood of this
Divine Lamb be accepted to wash out the sins of the world.
Can you not see which is The Truth and which is the perversion? The one is from the pure fountain of
Spiritual knowledge--the other originated in the minds of ignorant theologians who were unable to grasp and
understand the Mystic teachings, but who built up a system of theology in accordance with their own
undeveloped minds; making a God who was but a reflection of their own cruel animal natures, demanding, as
did they themselves, blood and pain--physical torture and death--in order to appease a most un-Divine wrath
and vengeance. Which of the two conceptions seems most in accord with the intuitive promptings of the
Something Within? Which brings the greater approval from The Christ within your heart?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Engafan
Sorry, but ALL insects have 6 legs not 4. Never heard of what is classified as an insect to have 4 legs. Never, but there is a chance that there could be up to 25+ million species of insects.

So much for the word of god in the bible being without error.

Reality wins again.

www.answersingenesis.org...

Or maybe the bible tells the truth but you are so busy looking to prove it wrong that you accept anything that you think proves it wrong.
edit on 27-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't mind being wrong... but explain this one to me
Leviticus 11:20; All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
Leviticus 11:23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.
Leviticus 11:13-19, god lists the BAT with birds, it isn't it's a mammal.

But let me guess, god was just generalizing all flying things right? So technical with an insect, but generalizes all other things...
Now I've never seen a fowl with 4 feet, nor seen flying creeping THINGS as god calls them, with 4 feet, GLIDING squirrels GLIDE... they don't fly, this goes for other animals that have the ability to glide for some distance.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Engafan
I don't mind being wrong... but explain this one to me
Leviticus 11:20; All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
Leviticus 11:23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.
Leviticus 11:13-19, god lists the BAT with birds, it isn't it's a mammal.

But let me guess, god was just generalizing all flying things right? So technical with an insect, but generalizes all other things...
Now I've never seen a fowl with 4 feet, nor seen flying creeping THINGS as god calls them, with 4 feet, GLIDING squirrels GLIDE... they don't fly, this goes for other animals that have the ability to glide for some distance.

Bad English, lazy language. The Hebrew word there is "Ofe" literally means any “winged creature and can include fowl, birds, winged insects and bats".

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Like I said generalizing all flying things... now the other example... of Lev 11:20 ...Fowl with four feet. Another mistranslation perhaps?

My intent is not to bash or poke fun... I'm curious.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by arpgme
If this is true, that means that babies are burning in hell for all eternity because they were born with original sin and since they couldn't accept Jesus they couldn't be delivered from the original sin that they were born with from Adam and Eve.

Not only would babies be in heaven, but so would all of the people who were never taught about Jesus after his resurrection.

Even if you are a child and you are brainwashed and born into another religion, you still go to hell because you were born with original sin and didn't get delivered in CHRIST.

Hitler would be in heaven because God already knew he was evil since we are all born in sin and Hitler believed in Jesus as a lord and savior. Hitler said that he was born a Catholic and will die a Catholic, so he believed in Jesus!

All you need to do is accept Jesus because we are all born evil and you are saved by Grace not works so anyone can go to heaven, even if you repent after doing the most evil things...

What do you think about this?

I think you need to start reading your bible, because youre looking for anwers from other people instead of going to the original source. And stop listening to Universalism and new age.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the "original source" is nowhere to be seen. What is there to be seen is a twist and play of words by Romans who never even met Jesus to make him look like a god.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join