It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ALL born into sin and only by accepting JESUS as Lord and Savior can you get to heaven, right

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Isn't god the lord. One of those commandments says something about false gods.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
If this is true, that means that babies are burning in hell for all eternity because they were born with original sin and since they couldn't accept Jesus they couldn't be delivered from the original sin that they were born with from Adam and Eve.

Not only would babies be in heaven, but so would all of the people who were never taught about Jesus after his resurrection.

Even if you are a child and you are brainwashed and born into another religion, you still go to hell because you were born with original sin and didn't get delivered in CHRIST.

Hitler would be in heaven because God already knew he was evil since we are all born in sin and Hitler believed in Jesus as a lord and savior. Hitler said that he was born a Catholic and will die a Catholic, so he believed in Jesus!

All you need to do is accept Jesus because we are all born evil and you are saved by Grace not works so anyone can go to heaven, even if you repent after doing the most evil things...

What do you think about this?

Okay first of all this is the WHOLE problem with going to church and learning about things that are passed down from tradition to tradition. Anyone who actually takes the time to study the bible for themselves will see CLEARLY that it NEVER EVER EVER said this at all.

Here is how it REALLY works:

First is the end of this world as we know it... then ALL people are Resurrected where God will reign on earth for a thousand years.... during that thousand years, those who are found written in the book of life during tribulation are the teachers who teach the truth to the people WHILE GOD IS THERE and you are unable to deny the truth (as it is right before your eyes). During this 1000 years, there will not be one single person alive who does not know of the truth.

After this 1,000 years period is another (but short) tribulation and judgement period. At this point you either go on to Heaven or discontinue your very existence.... of course at this point and through all truth that will be obvious, the choice will eventually be yours alone. Either you accept the truth and live on or you do not accept God as your Creator and cease to exist. Even Death and Hell are cast into the lake of fire at that point.

All you have to do is READ the bible. READ it for yourself.... as apposed to go to church and listen to all the propaganda.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by Akragon

Welllllllll

I find that an inadequate assertion . . .

And, I have not interviewed all such cases nor read all case histories of all such cases.

My fuzzy memory is that there have been exceptions to your assertion.

Of course there is exceptions...

Unfortunatuly... i haven't found a single one...

feel free to prove me wrong...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What about the Buddhist who did not know the bible and went to hell and learned of Jesus and Adam and Goliath?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Alright can you give us the biblical references you are talking about that show a literal interpretation of the bible and support science at the same time?

Make sure they are clear verses and not vague generalizations.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Yahuwshuwah is the Name of our messiah in Hebrew. And Yahuwah is our Heavenly Father's Name. That is just how it is written full in English. Hebrew it is written :

יהושוע (Yod-hey-waw/vav-shin-waw-ayin) reading from right to left.

It is to be spoken as (Yah who shoo wah) in all languages, tongues for salvation Acts 4:10-12. I suggest you watch videos from Minister Bennett about more information.

Also a website here has a breakdown yahuwah-is.net...

edit on 23-1-2012 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by Akragon

What about the Buddhist who did not know the bible and went to hell and learned of Jesus and Adam and Goliath?

Post a video or a link my friend... or these are just words...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Why would the bible support them?

Did you ever read it?

The bible is a guidebook to salvation. Inasmuch as George Washington not being in it doesn't make the bible wrong, so too does the lack of speaking of gravity make it wrong.

Nothing in there seems to me to contradict what science claims.

It is vague. And that is its value. It keeps to the topics it specializes in, and leaves it widely open elsewhere. Because gravity has nothing to do with salvation.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by DaveNorris

Uhhhhh no.

Father Son and Spirit are clearly in the Old Testament.

What do you suppose

"Let US make man in OUR image" was all about?

Father son and holy spirit was not a term that was used unti the 7th century just so you know

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

Post a video or a link my friend... or these are just words...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

That video is pure christian, and might i say Catholic propaganda...

He uses stories directly from the bible like "the wide path and the narrow (believers) path"... and if you listen you can clearly hear that he is reading a script... or story written for him... this isn't a person that believes what hes saying hes clearly reading what you hear...

At least the other videos have people that "went to hell" that have a bit of conviction in their tone...

I'll quote directly from the video...

Speaking of "beautiful singing"...

"oh it was so pure... much more meaningful then the worship we have in churches here on earth"...

Buddhists don't have churches... how would he understand the "churches" here on earth... unless he had been in them...

The man in the white robe who held the "key to the kingdom of heaven"... just happened to be named peter... The catholic "rock" the church was "built on"... correct?

Then he goes through the creation with "adam"... straight from Genesis...

Then peter tells him all buddhists will go to hell....
And to return to earth and tell them all they are going to hell...

He also tells him he must "speak in his new name"... pyan Thinthaw Paulu... or Paul who came back to life... Interestingly enough, the man who didn't know Jesus... and basically hijacked the christian religion...

Not only does this video wreak of Christian/Catholic propaganda... but you can clearly see it was professionally done...

Sorry bro, but this video doesn't cut it... this is a complete fraud likely made by some christian church... He knows more about Christianism then he does about his own religion... quite interesting considering it claims he is a "monk"...

Personally i would assume he was an "oriental christian" and nothing more...

The pre-concieved notion of "hell" its clearly present in this video... and might i also assume, it was likely made by someone close to you, considering it only has 91 views... i appoligize if im wrong...

What else ya got?

edit on 24-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So it's a lie because it's Christian, gotcha.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Why would the bible support them?

The bible doesn't support science.

Did you ever read it?

Rhetorical question, I think?

Nothing in there seems to me to contradict what science claims.

So you believe the Earth is flat, the Earth is a circle, that vegetation comes before light (or it comes after light), that rabbits chew their own cud, that insects have four legs, that the Moon is a light. Those are just off the top of my head. Those all contradict science. Something you admit to follow and understand.

edit on 24-1-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The bible doesn't support science.

Doesn't deny it either.

Why are you looking to the Bible for scientific fact? Science isn't faith.

So you believe the Earth is flat, the Earth is a circle, that vegetation comes before light (or it comes after light), that rabbits chew their own cud, that insects have four legs, that the Moon is a light. Those are just off the top of my head. Those all contradict science. Something you admit to follow and understand.

Where does it say it's flat? Isn't a sphere a type of circle into a different dimension? I've already stated that because Genesis 1 and 2 are different perspectives and contradict that it gives God the ability to do and be whatever he wants in whatever order he desires. Right now in my room God, on the first week of creation, is producing a mold spore. It's that day of creation right in that event. Simultaneously, God, eons older, is in my heart, guiding me.

Don't really know about the rest of the nonsense you're talking about. Again, you can say whatever you like. Doesn't make it true.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Doesn't deny it either.

Why are you looking to the Bible for scientific fact? Science isn't faith.

I did when I was a Christian. Somewhat naive of me, but I didn't know any better. But you can continue to explain away inconsistencies if you want.

Where does it say it's flat? Isn't a sphere a type of circle into a different dimension? I've already stated that because Genesis 1 and 2 are different perspectives and contradict that it gives God the ability to do and be whatever he wants in whatever order he desires. Right now in my room God, on the first week of creation, is producing a mold spore. It's that day of creation right in that event. Simultaneously, God, eons older, is in my heart, guiding me.

A circle is a two dimensional object because it has no thickness/depth. A sphere is three dimensional because it all the points on it's surface are symmetrical to it's center.

Again, you can rationalize away Genesis 1 and 2 but the fact remains that Genesis 1 is inaccurate. The main reason is because the order of creation is backwards. In Genesis 1 you have Animals > Adam/Eve. In Genesis 2 you have Adam > Animals.

Also, isn't God never changing? If He is getting older, that implies change.

Don't really know about the rest of the nonsense you're talking about. Again, you can say whatever you like. Doesn't make it true.

You don't know what I'm talking about because you haven't read your Bible. Here let me show you so you can stop accusing me of pulling quotes out of thin air.

Genesis 1:16 - God made the Moon as a light.
Leviticus 11:6 - Hares chew their cud.
Leviticus 11:23 - Insects have four legs.
Leviticus 11:13,19-20 - Bats are not fowls; they are mammals.
Proverbs 8:26 - God draws the Earth as a circle. Circle = flat, 2 dimensional.

It's in your Bible that you haven't read.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I did when I was a Christian. Somewhat naive of me, but I didn't know any better. But you can continue to explain away inconsistencies if you want.

Can't be inconsistent when there's no argument for or against something.

A circle is a two dimensional object because it has no thickness/depth. A sphere is three dimensional because it all the points on it's surface are symmetrical to it's center.

But I can dig down can't I?

Therefore it cannot be circle in a purely 2d manner of speaking.

Again, you can rationalize away Genesis 1 and 2 but the fact remains that Genesis 1 is inaccurate. The main reason is because the order of creation is backwards. In Genesis 1 you have Animals > Adam/Eve. In Genesis 2 you have Adam > Animals. Also, isn't God never changing? If He is getting older, that implies change.

If they aren't on the same timeline, they wouldn't match up. I explained that much.

You can be timeless and still getting older. Infinity + 1 is still infinity.

Genesis 1:16 - God made the Moon as a light.

The moon is a light. Just because it isn't fusion powered doesn't mean it isn't light. All light sources are the result of energy from photons. Where that energy comes from is irrelevant. A light is a light. A fire's energy is from burning carbon, whose energy came from the sun. The sun's energy is from burning hydrogen, whose energy came from the galaxy. The moon's energy is from the sun, which came from the galaxy, wich came from the big bang. That matter simply bounces that light. A light is a light no matter where the energy comes from. Those photons from the sun enter the matter of the moon, and the excess is removed back into photons.

Bible said God made it, therefore all energy comes from God. Doesn't change the fact that light is light, wherever it last came from.

Leviticus 11:6 - Hares chew their cud.

Cecotrope

Actually it says

and every teeming thing which is flying, which hath four feet -- an abomination it [is] to you.

You said you read it right? Sure about that?

Leviticus 11:13,19-20 - Bats are not fowls; they are mammals.

Why would the Bible follow how we, 3000 years later, classify animals?

The world calls Pineapple "ananas". We don't, because we call it pineapple. Who is wrong? Nobody is wrong. Because we have a different line of development than the world.

Likewise, just because they classified animals differently, doesn't make them wrong. They classified animals as they knew them. We classified them as we know them. We are not the same. Just as a Pineapple is not an Ananas to the English speaking world. Just because we don't call it Ananas like 99% of all other languages, doesn't make us wrong.

Proverbs 8:26

Now you're sure you've read this right? Because my translation says

While He had not made the earth, and out-places, And the top of the dusts of the world.

But hey, let's assume you have a different translation.

I'm an architecture major. I draw plans and sections. That doesn't make the building 2d. That makes the codex for it 2d. I know computer science majors. They write code. The code is 2d words. The output is 3d forms.

So yea....

It's in your Bible that you haven't read.

Now are you REALLY sure about that? Really?
edit on 24-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: Le Spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

In Gorman91's defense, when The Bible says "Earth", it's not talking about the planet as we talk about it today. It's talking about "land", the element of Earth as they knew it back then...

Land is indeed flat, and it also make sense why in revelations it talks about the 4 angels standing at the four corners of the Earth / Land..

Just wanted to throw that in there.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

In many ways the world is flat in terms of how we socially construct it. We, as humans, say that America is the North East. Some alien coming by may designate that the South West, or perhaps even map the planet as a circle, all depending on their social constructions.

Point is that today, as the world stands, the world has 4 corners. Alaska, Australia, Siberia, and the South Pacific Islands.

We made it that way. It's our construction.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

So it's a lie because it's Christian, gotcha.

i don't remember using the word lie... propaganda perhaps...

i asked you to come up with some evidence of someone that as NO pre-concieved notion of hell... yet still is sent there...

I suppose all of those things i pointed out are just ironic right?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Can't be inconsistent when there's no argument for or against something.

There can't be an argument when you vehemently deny it every time.

Cecotrope

Cecetropes don't chew on it, it passes through the body like our food does.

The process by which cecotropes are produced is called "hindgut fermentation". Food passes through the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, where nutrients are initially absorbed ineffectively, and then into the colon. Through reverse peristalsis, the food is forced back into the cecum where it is broken down into simple sugars (i.e. monosaccharides) by bacterial fermentation. The cecotrope then passes through the colon, the anus, and is eliminated by the animal. The process occurs 4 to 8 hours after eating. This type of reingestion to obtain more nutrients is similar to the chewing of cud in cattle.

Cud is produced from Ruminants, i.e. not a Hare.

You said you read it right? Sure about that?

I'm sure you didn't

My mistake though, I forgot to add 20-23. But being nitpicky as you are, you failed to realized the verses preceeding it.

All winged insects that go on all fours are detestable to you. Yet among the winged insects that go on all fours you may eat those that have jointed legs above their feet, with which to hop on the ground. Of them you may eat: the locust of any kind, the bald locust of any kind, the cricket of any kind, and the grasshopper of any kind. But all other winged insects that have four feet are detestable to you.

Now are you REALLY sure about that? Really?

Positive, typical Christian rebuttals. Lots of fluff and no fill.
edit on 24-1-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join