Russia Presidential Candidate Prokhorov Calls For Single Global Currency

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Russia Presidential Candidate Prokhorov Calls For Single Global Currency

www.kurat.com

Russian billionaire and presidential hopeful Mikhail Prokhorov Friday called for the creation of a single global currency based
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well Well Looks like the American Puppet finally speaks and i hope the Russian people wont vote for a Guy who wants a Single Global Currency! and Calls the Russian election Pretend Elections? So Prokhorov if your calling it Pretend Elections why are you running then!

and lol at the small written article, so fellow ATS Users what you make of this? the snake in sheep wolf clothing finally admitting he wants a Global Government.

If Mikhail Prokhorov wins in which i dont think he will his going to turn Russia like how Boris Tadic ruined Serbia and his pro American polices.

www.kurat.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
A single global currency is impossible....look at what happened to the Euro. We can't get the World to agree on one of anything. The only way it could begin is with a one-World government....a dictator.

Not happening. Naive statement on his part.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I agree that it's impossible. It would only work on a prison planet.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Even though oil is only sold in dollars??

Line 2

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Yeah.... that's.... not going to ever be a reality.

At least... not for a very, very long time.

That said - we will see plenty of international currencies that develop out of private enterprises and their relationships. Look at Face Book and the various token-based download services. It won't be too terribly long before they begin branching out into servicing other markets.

But a government-sanctioned currency simply won't happen. Well... not on a planet that resembles anything like the socio-economic state and trends of our own.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

Prison planet may be coming soon. And in a way, it may already be here.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
A single global currency is impossible....look at what happened to the Euro. We can't get the World to agree on one of anything. The only way it could begin is with a one-World government....a dictator.

Not happening. Naive statement on his part.

Agree with all that - except the dictator bit - that's not a given - everyone on here is convinced it is of course, bu that's just ATS - not the real world!!

It is apparent that currency can only be issued/backed by a sovereign organisation - as Europe is finding out - they will have to do something about the Euro by way of either abandoning it or having a single issuing organisation, which will then require powers of sovereignty.

And also a call for a single world currency is distinctly AGAINST US big business interests - it is actually an attack on the US financial system because such a currency would replace the US$ as the world reserve currency.

It would completely prevent, for example, the US isolating Iran;s oil industry by refusing to exchange dollars.

It would also screw up the major currency trading houses - single currency means no trading - think of how much the banks have made in currency dealings recently??!!

So it is not only naive of the guy suggesting it, it is also naive o say he's in the pocket of US or big business interests!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The goal is to kill the USD and thus wash the hands off the 15T debt that US owes with half of this to the rest of the world. Probhokov is half jewish from one of the parents and is playing his role for the Neocons. Not only Russia, the whole world should be careful of such men wanting power. Men like him looted Russia and now wants to turn it to an official slave of the west.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
It is apparent that currency can only be issued/backed by a sovereign organisation - as Europe is finding out - they will have to do something about the Euro by way of either abandoning it or having a single issuing organisation, which will then require powers of sovereignty.

The issue of Euro currency is managed by the European Central Bank. Even when national banks print euros, this happens within limits and within proportion set by ECB.

So they already have what you are saying they should have.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

What a load. The only thing turning the world into a prison planet is multiple countries competing for economic supremacy.

One world currency is the way to go.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

It is very possible in these economic time, Europe was the test. I believe it will happen and people will be thrilled when it does, cause they will be in dire economic straits. It is going to be massively appealing The Dictator comes after. First the carrot, then the stick.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

prokhorov pretends to be a politician to in the future to obtain political asylum in england

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I think one thing that should be added to the global currency is that it be not attached with interest. Gold use to stand as the global standard and soon will be once again. Living in British Columbia you are lucky as many new gold mines are opening up. I suggest looking into Spanish Mountain Gold. They are currently putting in their plant and doing core samples around Spanish Lake north east of Likely, B.C.

As far as Prokhorov is concerned, from what I have learned, power corrupts, he is a billionaire and therefore a powerful person. He has the means to intimidate or finance his way through many situations that are unlawful or for that matter just indecent. I think for the most part you have to be of a different moral fiber to accumulate that kind of wealth. The people they need in office are the ones that were content with the basics and used their free time to help others in bettering their lives.

I believe most people assume that corporate lawyers and company ceo's are the best elects because they think a country should be run like a business. My work experience has showed me that companies don't care about the little guy and the populace are the pretext. I have seen construction companies that value life at less than $250,000. Why would you ever want people who over see businesses like the mentioned oversee a country?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronNuts
Why would you ever want people who over see businesses like the mentioned oversee a country?

Nope.

But Russia has been advocating for awhile a global currency. A global currency is necessary to unify the world. Some people do not understand this concept, because a global currency would render their national currencies obsolete in terms of global hegemony, while also allowing hopelessly poor countries to enjoy the same economic standard as rich countries.

Also, a global currency would put our world into perspective as just that: a world, not just a race between nations. This would promote expansion beyond our world, instead of wars to accumulate what we already have as a species.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
prokhorov is not russia'

he is KGB mafia

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A rich eccentric can say pretty much anything... Seeing it as most countries in the world do not have interest in pursuing his "idea", this makes much sense as saying "it would be cool to go to the Moon".

Yawn.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Global currency is not going to unify the world. Religion, race, economic and social beliefs take higher priority over a common currency or passport when making crucial decisions in life.

There is no need for such grand scale world unification.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronNuts

I think for the most part you have to be of a different moral fiber to accumulate that kind of wealth.

Prabhakov became billionaire when he was only 28. Same old way that most Russian oligarch did. The state sells its metal factory. Corrupt officials list the value much less than it is really worth. Person with connections get a bank loan and buys. Soon the stock or value of company rises due to market mechanism. The buyer becomes a billionaire. Same way Berezovsky, Abrahmavich types became mega rich.

Give me a name of few start ups in Russia that went on to become billion dollar organizations. I bet not too many will come up. Looting from the state is still going on.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

The issue of Euro currency is managed by the European Central Bank. Even when national banks print euros, this happens within limits and within proportion set by ECB.

So they already have what you are saying they should have.

Except that the theoretical mechanism doesn't work, because sovereign nations like Greece, Spain and Italy, have flouted the limits, and there is nothing the ECB can do to stop them doing so.

So sovereignty trumps a central bank that has theoretical limits but no real ability to enforce them.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join