It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derby men guilty over gay hate leaflets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Derby men guilty over gay hate leaflets

www.bbc.co.uk

It is the first prosecution of its kind since new laws came into force in 2010.

Sentencing was adjourned until 10 February. Two other men were cleared of the same charge.

The court heard the leaflets showed an image of a wooden mannequin hanging from a noose and quoted Islamic texts.

The leaflets said capital punishment was the only way to rid society of homosexuality.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.stuff.co.nz

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
OK - nothing particularly odd here really - there are plenty of people with pretty extreme anti-gay views all over hte world.

But what is perhaps interesting is that these guys are moslems -

The men admitted distributing the leaflet but said they were simply following and quoting what their religion taught them about homosexuality and did not intend to threaten anyone.

And apparently stupid moslems at that - saying gays should be killed is not threatening anyone?? Really??

So it's a bit interesting that this is a western country with a sizeable and significantly radical moslem community (not saying they are all radical - but there's enough radicals there to be a continual problem for the authorities) proselytising, and being convicted for it.

Another article on this, from New Zealand but sourced via Reuters, says this:

This case was not about curtailing people's religious views or preventing them from educating others about those views; it was that any such views should be expressed in a lawful manner and not incite others to hatred.

So is this how islam is going to be shunted out of the UK??

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
How about this: the gay people start publishing face drawings and cartoons about Muhammed or Allah. Turn about is fair play.

Freedom of speech would be a nice thing to have, now, wouldn't it?

edit on 1/20/2012 by Jim Scott because: added

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I find what these men had to say repugnant, but as long as they are not a direct threat to anybody they should be allowed to say what they have to say.

America certainly has its problems, but it beats out Europe for the time being in the freedom of speech department. America has no hate speech laws. People have more freedom to be politically incorrect. At the end of the day, perhaps we are more tolerant because we have open dialogue about racial issues.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

In the United States of America, we currently have 310,338,864 Americans living inside our borders. I will not take in account how many Americans live abroad. Out of the 310,338,864, there are between 6 and 10 million Muslims living here in the United States. It is believed that about 8 million are considered “spiritual” Muslims. If we take the proverbial 1% we consider radical Muslims running around here in the United States of America, out of that 8 million, that would leave around 80,000. If you want to take into account how many Muslims live in the world today. The Wikipedia report estimates 1.57 billion as the most reliable estimate. That is over 5 times the amount of people who live in the United States. If you want to take 1% that are considered radical Muslims that we need not worry about, out of the 1.57 billion, we are looking at about 15,700,000. I if you want to go a little further, let’s take 1% of the radicals Muslims we can call super-duper radical Muslims. Out of the 15,700,000, we would have 147,000. Now to go even further, let’s take 1% of 147,000 we will call suicide bombers. Out of the 147,000, we would have 1,470.

1% can be a whole bus load of radical Muslims. I’m tired of people who think 1% of anything means squat!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well the body of teachings in common with the Abrahamic faiths Islam, Christianity and Judaism says that gays should be put to death. If anyone from this family of faiths were to take that as being "the word of the Lord" then inevitably they use that to justify their gay hate, although hopefully they fear the law more than god.

This isn't just Muslims, Christians are just as guilty of this type of behavior.

edit on 21-1-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I really dont see how this is a conspiracy either

I see it as another one of various European Govt's moving against "domestic" islam - the means may differ - (viz Frances' restrictions on headgear for example) but the intent is the same

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So a few fundamentalists threaten a whole domestic group of people.

Now we must find a conspiracy behind this that blames everyone but the perpetrators?

I hope they rot in prison, and then in hell.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
sorry but I think jail is the right place for these idiots.

chumps like these are giving muslims a bad name everywhere.

they posted leaflets around peoples houses stating gays should be given the death penalty.

They then said they didn't think this would cause offense?

[snip]

let them rot.

if the shoe was on the other foot, then this would have been a totally different matter.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 1/21/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
How about this: the gay people start publishing face drawings and cartoons about Muhammed or Allah. Turn about is fair play.

Freedom of speech would be a nice thing to have, now, wouldn't it?

edit on 1/20/2012 by Jim Scott because: added

Two wrongs don't make a right. You're assuming that all Muslims feel the same as these two idiots. Why visit the sins of extremists on the majority of reasonable human beings? And 'freedom of speech' comes with responsibility for the content and consequence of your words, as these two found out.
edit on 21-1-2012 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: more

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I find what these men had to say repugnant, but as long as they are not a direct threat to anybody they should be allowed to say what they have to say.

America certainly has its problems, but it beats out Europe for the time being in the freedom of speech department. America has no hate speech laws. People have more freedom to be politically incorrect. At the end of the day, perhaps we are more tolerant because we have open dialogue about racial issues.

It's not the saying that's the problem, it's the climate which such speech encourages. The more hateful, violent ideas like this are allowed to spread unchallenged, the more acceptable the ideas become.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Gay "hate" crime? They were calling for freaking execution of gays, its incitement to violence or something, not "hate". This would even be a crime in most countries without hate crime laws. Anyway, good riddance.

edit on 21/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

You are correct, it isn't just Islam and it's followers that discriminate against gays - but in this instant it is and sections within the Muslim community here in the UK seem to becoming increasingly vocal in their opposition to homosexuality.
This can not be condoned and anti-gay bigotry must be opposed wherever and whenever it occurs.
These evil bigots have to be confronted and dismissing them as a minority is a blatant refusal to address the issue.

And whilst it would be both naive and incorrect to suggest that anti-gay bigotry doesn't exist in 'Christian' nations and society and Israel, I think it's fair to say that great strides are being made in addressing this and to be honest I don't see any gay people being executed simply for their sexual preferences in anywhere other than the Islamic world.

I know parts of Africa can be pretty bigotted too, but I can't recall public executions etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
61 % of British muslims believe homosexuality should be illegal, with 71 % among muslim youth:

dvmx.com... (page 47)

So while death penalty for homosexuality may be a minority opinion, bigotry against homosexuals is widespread and the norm, certainly not a minority among muslims.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Still wondering how the Judge/Jury found two of these people not guilty even though they too were handing out the leaflets? This problem is just another sign of the islamification that is going on, not just here in the UK but all over the western world including the US (go read a book called muslim mafia for the evidence..) here where i live in a relatively small market town we have 6 mosques and numerous "Islamic centers" and Islamic bookshops. One of which in the past was found by the Times newspaper to be selling a book that promoted wife beating and the cutting off of hands of thieves.. And yet they are still being allowed to sell their filth by the authorities who are too afraid to take action.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

Good. Why don't you stay there? In fact, tell all your American compatriots to stay there as well, and stop polluting our countries with your presence.

In other news, these men ought to be deported straight away, along with every other person responsible. It's time to bring the foreign communities back into line with our standards in the UK.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by staticarium

these men ought to be deported straight away, along with every other person responsible. It's time to bring the foreign communities back into line with our standards in the UK.

I certainly have a natural tendency to agree with these sentiments but what if those responsible are second or third generation immigrants and as such are very much British and can not be deported?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

these men ought to be deported straight away, along with every other person responsible. It's time to bring the foreign communities back into line with our standards in the UK.

I certainly have a natural tendency to agree with these sentiments but what if those responsible are second or third generation immigrants and as such are very much British and can not be deported?

Those men delivering leaflets in Derby were all born and bred here in UK.

Deportation is impossible.

It's normally those who are born and bred here tend to have these extremist tendencies. Immigrants classed as the 'fist generations' who came to UK have always worked hard and tried their best to give a bright future to their kids hence we never saw these problems arising during those times. But they knew what kind of s~#t hole they came from hence they always respected and followed the laws of the land. The new generations have got it all on the plate so they end up having plenty of time getting into all sorts of illegal activities.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Then they can go back to wherever their family immigrated from.

Originally posted by forklift
Deportation is impossible.

No it isn't, finding a leader willing to defend our nation and culture by using force is impossible.
edit on 21-1-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join