It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spread the ATS Word and you might win $100!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Have you ever wanted to... ... well, now is your chance! Beginning October 1st, AboveTopSecret.com will be holding a "Spread The Word" contest where members are encouraged to tell the world about our community and how we deny ignorance. It's simple to do, any member can participate, and best of all, there are real prizes! The idea is to get your picture (or a friend's picture) into any media vehicle while holding a sign or poster with the ATS URL. Get a scan of the photo or screen cap of the video, then submit it. Prize Schedule Local newspaper: 10,000 ATS Points Regional/City newspaper: 25,000 ATS Points & $10 Amazon.com gift certificate (3 available) National newspaper: 100,000 ATS Points & $15 Amazon.com gift certificate (3 available) Local TV Coverage: 50,000 ATS Points & $20 Amazon.com gift certificate (2 available) National/Cable TV Coverage: 100,000 ATS Points & $30 Amazon.com gift certificate (2 available) (In the event judges consider a submission to be faked, the original video or newspaper/magazine page must be submitted to obtain your prize.) The contest will close January 1st, 2005, and members will vote on the best submission out of all the winning entries. The grand prize, as voted by our members, will received a $100 Amazon.com gift certificate! Official rules will be posted soon. They will say things like must be 13 or over, no illegal acts or trespassing, judges rulings are final, no profanity, and things like that. (Actual prizes may change, but values will not.) So start planning your sign. Start scoping out your location. And spread the word!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Bill Hemmer, watch the hell out, i'm pressing SOMETHING against the American Morning set glass wall and it sure isn't gonna be a bodypart.

WOO! ATS! WOO!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What a great idea!!!

This will be amazing

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Deja VU

THis looks really familiar. Dern should have posted in predictions.

Also would a mugshot with ats wrote on our heads be considered??? Just jk

[edit on 9^13^04 by Quicksilver]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
WOW

This sounds great!

Time to get out there and spread the word people!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yeah we've been through this before and it didn't go well and i was one of the first to do the bitching.

But this time, oh screw it, have some fun.

psst... What about websites like drudge?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
sounds like a amazing idea SO

hehe. am sure the responses to this are gonna be great

great thinking

rynaldo

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver THis looks really familiar. Dern should have posted in predictions.
Yes it is... www.abovetopsecret.com... Only now we have more members (a lot more), and advertising income to help pay for actual prizes that have some value.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oh boy! Im so excited. Im going to have to write a damn good article for the times with a reference to ats.
What if I could get it into the schools newspaper or tv. Because I could be an anchorman in my school. So Can you send me a ATS tie to wear in school.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The only problem would be afterwards, i mean for host the site, imagine 10 000 members, and 250.000 posts, and stuff like that, i hope william,simon and bob can hold that much, and that the bandwith of the site keeps itself in average speed.

NO! NOT 250.000 POSTS!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If I put an ad in the news paper will that work, this is a small city so is not much going on.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
*listens to the sounds of hundreds of keyboards busy photoshopping*

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Do you haave to be 13 at the beginning of the contest or by the end. My birthday is in the middle.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr

Does the weather channel count?! If Ivan hits Panama City Beach I'll drive down with 1000 flyers and spread them in the wind!

Seriously tho - awesome idea...I'll be expecting stiff competition...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Great idea, I'm going to do my best and spread the word

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr

Our resident photoshop monkeys should be able to take care of that. After all, the manage to debunk just about every ufo picture around here :p

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This idea wouldn't have been sprouted from my sign fiasco. Would it?

Sounds like a great way to support ATS.

Sign Guy
gives this idea
(two thumbs up)

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'ts sooo wacky. So non stodgy and uptight. I absolutely love it.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Does the weather channel count?! If Ivan hits Panama City Beach I'll drive down with 1000 flyers and spread them in the wind!

Who cares, just do it, maybe I will get one of those flyers.

SO, Maybe you should increase the price levels to get more participation. $100 isn't worth the trouble breaking in a T.V. station and telecasting ATS.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
hehe.. this will be fun to watch..

*gets the lawwn chair out*

wonder how many get arrested

top topics

<<   2 >>

join