It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filter 'Recent Posts' Page by Top Flags/Replies Ratio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Often I'll do a quick scan of the 'Recent Posts' page for recently created threads that might be interesting. When I haven't got a lot of time I tend to just scroll down the page while keeping an eye on threads with a good Replies/Flag ratio. This has proven an effective way for me to quickly find the most promising newly created threads.

I realize there's feature to resort by top flags or by top replies... but how about adding the feature to resort by top flag/reply ratio only for the PAGE 1 results?
edit on 20/1/12 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

There are threads dealing with highly philosophical topics or quantum physics or you name it that are very worthy but receive a lot less flags then a thread with the headline 'Obama sneezes'

It is late for me, i am tired and i could have worded it better i think but i suppose 'pop culture' would be pushed to the foreground.all new threads should get a equal chance and amount of attention i say, It is for you to decide which ones are worthy not others and the only way to do that is to read them.

edit on 21-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_
but receive a lot less flags then a thread with the headline 'Obama sneezes'

It is late for me, i am tired and i could have worded it better i think

No that about covers it just fine

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Great idea. I do the same thing. I kind of do both actually, but it would be nice to have the option to sort in this way.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_
It doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

There are threads dealing with highly philosophical topics or quantum physics or you name it that are very worthy but receive a lot less flags then a thread with the headline 'Obama sneezes'

People need to know that our leaders are not perfect and share many of the same sensitivities and foibles that we possess. Reading that Obama had sneezed, I would be a bit incredulous at first but it would restore my confidence in the leadership. Such a thread is very important to this stability of this nation.

edit on 1/21/2012 by The1Prettiest1One because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

O you people !

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is something that annoys me now and perhaps it is slightly related since it has to do with thread ranking. It doesn't seem your favorite forums in MyATS bring the newest posts to the top these days but some other system is involved in decide which five should be in the list and the same threads hang out there forever.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This is something I do that may help you to keep abreast of the most recent replies anyway.

I have Google Chrome with an auto-refresh add-on called Chrome Refresh. Since the Recent Posts page can update quickly at times depending on the time of day and/or volume I have it set to refresh the page every 15 seconds. The add-on is adjustable from 5 seconds to 1 minute.

Here's a little video I made to give you an idea and more of a visual of how it auto refreshes (no audio)...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

I have the Favourite Forums in MyATS set to "recent replies", but sometimes, after I've had to log in, it defaults to something else, and I'm obliged to re-set it.
I wonder if this is what you've experienced.

new topics

top topics

join