It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
We need a list of foods that can last a long time. I personally don't know of many, but some of you can help build a list. I know that there's a few foods we can live off of and never need to eat anything else, like peanuts, beans, and such, but what would you stock up on for a long-term emergency? Thanks

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Go to the site E foods-direct.com...survival foods-3 meals and snacks daily for Responders, survivalists, families.
7 day, 1 month, 3 months supplies etc, relatively low prices considering. Click thru their products.

Some of these supplies can last up to 10 years.

PS Its just a place to start...I know you can start saving your own supplies, but at least check them out, and go from there..
edit on 20-1-2012 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I would stock up on spam. You never know when you will be able to hunt and be successful and spam contains protein that you would need. It's loaded with sodium also. Dried beans are another good choice as is rice.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Your one stop source on everything survival...More food lists than you could read in a week.

The ATS Survival Forum
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Thanks for all the info guys. I appreciate it greatly.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I hear Macdonalds burgers last for years!!!

Might end up killing you rather than the hunger however, so... Most dried foods will last, MRE's from army surplus stores can also help, but I'm fairly sure they're expensive as they're more a novelty in urban areas..

My plan is to be near the ocean, many food sources there, but then things will never work out how we plan when TSHTF.. That's about the only thing I am sure of.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

i wont provide a list, however i will give you a couple vids that made a huge impact on my thinking.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
rice! lasts forever, if properly stored, loaded with nutrition.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Rice, beans, bagged tuna, ramen noodles, honey, olive oil. How long are we talking about?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
A fair balance between taste and storage time can be found in freeze-dried food.

Don't forget, you MUST keep your mind entertained. One way to stave off boredom is to cook a good meal. It's also excellent for morale. If all you ate every day was beans and rice, you may get irritated or angry just because of a lack of flavor.

The "Provident Pantry" line available from Emergency Essentials is actually quite tasty. They have everything from pre-mixed meals to individual components as well as a blog to teach you how to cook with freeze-dried and dehydrated food.

beprepared.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Something that I have done for long term storage of food is to vacuum pack it.
I get sugar and flour..I put it into the freezer for up to 3 days. I then vacuum pack it and put it in a place that is climate controled...like a storage room in the house...somewhere it doesn't get to hot or to cold..don't put it on the floor, use shelves. I do the same with (just add water pancake mixes)...it has worked great for me.
You can do the same with beans. Peanut butter is also good to have stored. beans, rice...and spices!!
Spices like salt, pepper, tobasco,onion powder/salt, garlic powder/salt, and seasoned salt...to just name a few.
They will help the flavor and enjoyment of food...because sometimes it might be the only comfort you have.

I even went as far as to mix powdered goods together...for bread, and biscuts...so I just need to add only water.
The easier food is to make and the more it fills you with carbs...the better, because your more than likely going to be burning a lot of energy...bugging out and just doing the daily things to survive.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Honey is another good one that somebody mentioned and it literally lasts forever if stored correctly. Honey has anti bacterial properties so it can be a multipurpose food which would be very useful in a SHTF scenario. I would also stock up on salt for it's preserving and anti septic properties.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
fast food

new topics

top topics

join