It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Recognition of Beauty and a Higher Self-Awareness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Had a particularly vivid dream last night which left me thinking about what we consider to be beautiful, and what the true meaning of beauty really is. It inspired me to look back at some of my old posts I came across this one which I'm particularly fond of and therefore want to share with the rest of you guys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This my friends is the true meaning of Beauty

Love is the connection, the attraction which exists between all things. It is an energetic reminder that ultimately we are all one and have come from the one Source, from what many would call God.

When you look at something as beautiful, you are in small way feeling this attraction, this energy which connects us all. You are in a small way feeling love for the object or person which is the target of your focus. And deep down you are acknowledging that it is a part of you and you are a part of it. It matters not whether its a simple plastic bag blowing in the wind, or the wonder which is an old growth forest. Everything has some amount of this energy, for everything is ultimately you. But you will notice that in truly beautiful places such as an idyllic mountain stream running through the wood you do not have to struggle to find the beauty because the energy levels are high enough that you pick up on this love without even trying.

What happens when you find the beauty in something is, as I said above, feeling to a certain extent the love (which exists in all things) between you and that object. You are giving part of your own energy to that object, and in return you are receiving some of its energy. Trees, wilderness, mountains, caves and almost anything (even some humans) are a direct tap to the universal energy which binds all things. When you admire the beauty of something, you project your energy forth which in turn creates a vacuum which is filled by the energy of that object. As this object is being constantly replenished by the energy which pervades all, so you actually raise your own personal energy significantly and begin not only to feel the love inherent in all things, but also you will see things from a higher perspective, or in other words a perspective more closely aligned to your higher self.

It is in this way you can use beauty to guide you toward the synchronicities which pave the way for your true life's purpose. For though we are connected ultimately to all things, the things - people, objects places etc which will ultimately lead us down the path of our true life's purpose have a much stronger attraction to us if you take the time to stop and notice it, for love (and beauty) are not just merely an attracting force, but they are also beacons which light the road which we must follow to eventually make our way back to the Source.

"Which road should I take?" - be still and see which one seems to attract your attention more.

"Why do I keep noticing this person?" - maybe they have a message for you. Perhaps you should engage them.

"This option seems so stupid/difficult/illogical, yet I can't stop thinking about it" - that is because it is where you are meant to be. Put aside your doubts and follow your heart.

The road of your higher self seemingly takes many twist and turns, it can appear difficult and treacherous, but ultimately it will not be. For the road to your lifes goals and dreams will always be the path of least resistance. And it the beauty of it all, the love between yourself and all others which will be your guide and safetly lead you home.

Try and spend as much time as you can being in places of obvious beauty. Take in the energy which pervades the air around you and it will move you to a higher place. Always stop and try and take in the beauty which exists even in the most seemingly ugly situation or location. It will always be there, you may just have to look a little harder to find it. For then you will take in that energy, increase your vibratory level, and all your thoughts words and deeds will be much more closely aligned with that of your higher self, which in essence is your true purpose for being born into that beautiful body known as You.

Love and Light

1littlewolf

Please don't hate this next vid just because it's made by the same guys who mass-marketed the Law of Attraction to house-wives watching Oprah in the form of 'The Secret'; it still contains a very nice simple message which is quite related to the OP.

edit on 20/1/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I agree. I have always been a wondering dreamer. Staring at the subtle way flowers leaves and flowers petals always follow a very geometrical formula. Fractals in nature spur my interest instantly. The way different grasses grow in large meadows during different times of year. The way insects seem to be able to fly with ease. The way ants communicate through nothing more than pheromones. I love watching a cat stalk a bird, slowly inching towards its target. The bird flies away and in an instant the cat finds something else to do.

The way I view the world built a very strange world within me and around me. City scape, (unfortunately in which I live) sadden me. The nature is artificial and planted. Humans are beautiful in almost every way. We can have great compassion for one another and great intelligence. We are however, naive to the shortness that we live here. We treat one hundred years as if it will last forever. We have always been short sighted I guess. When a tree can last four thousand years, one hundred years should not be considered long.

After growing through my teen years camping, hiking, exploring forests and parks and looking at the itty bitty small things in nature. (Ants, micro organisms, plankton, algae, soil, grass, plants) It created a person that saw himself as that, a simple cog in a very very large machine stretching far greater than just us humans. It created the idea that the world is my home. Not just the place I inhabit. It gave me a greater connection to nature and the workings of the natural land. However, this great appreciation for nature did not bring me happiness, it brought me sorrow. Sorrow because I saw what we humans have done, what we have created. A world fit for only ourselves. Leaving small parts of the natural habitat for "parks" or "wildlife parks" in the majority of first world countries. But as I grew my humanly world ideals I soon realized that it is all cyclical.

We saw it following evolution and these adaptations that allowed some species to live on and others to die out. Its what will happen to us in the indefinite amount of years before we die out. That could be two hundred years or tomorrow. But we could also save it. We could turn our species around, but like those species on the evolutionary tree that died, they could never had seen it coming until it was too late. (We could if we took our heads out of our asses.) So I have now come to the conclusion that we will die, our species. I dont care when, because when is not important. What is important is this. The seventy five years of life you are given. Those beautiful years where you get to be in consciousness. You get to explore the physical world on Earth and far beyond. We are far seeing and deep within. We can explore the Universe as well as explore our minds. This is it. This is life and that is what we get to enjoy.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Very powerful comments, I appreciate this thread immensely.

I agree, there is so much beauty around us - in both living and non-living elements of our world. I hope that more people will open their eyes to these we all see but do not always take the time to notice.

Inspiring.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Great post OP!
You put in to words the very things I feel most deeply about nature and beauty, that ineffable connection that ties us all to the world around us in a positive way.
The real challenge in life is to find that beauty in all things and all beings.
Modern society it would seem is all about ignoring beauty and teaching children to be fearful and see the negative in everything. Huge numbers of people are depressed for no other reason than that they can no longer recognize beauty or permit oneself from reaching out to it.
Society informs us through cultural standards of what is and what is not beautiful. They demand perfect symmetry and exaggerated curves of erogenous zones in women, skin with even tones and no marks or blemishes, We also seem to have a hangup about inanimate objects where things of actual or projected power like expensive cars and homes must be l larger to be better and inversely, things of convenience like computers, cell phones etc, get more beautiful the smaller they are.
They no longer teach art or music in schools for the very reason that they don't want our children to appreciate true beauty as found in nature but to adhere to the standards I listed above.

ALL OF NATURE IS BEAUTIFUL. Every plant, every insect, hill or cloud IS beauty itself. That's why it is so important to leave natural areas for people to enjoy - so that they may contact that beauty on a daily basis and cleanse their hearts of all the negativity.
I wonder if perhaps what happens when we interact with beauty is not that we get anything from the object itself but what we release from ourselves in terms of negativity. Maybe it's some of both.

Outstanding post, thank you!
edit on 21-1-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hi all.
I actually solved the beauty problem.
I have a small essay written on it.
it really explains and solves th question.
Shall I share?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs
Hi all.
I actually solved the beauty problem.
I have a small essay written on it.
it really explains and solves th question.
Shall I share?

Share all you like. Everyones ideas are welcome.

In my case...Beauty is a thought. A perfect thought. I understand nature only too well as I used to teach survival and the one thing you can take out of survival training is that EVERYTHING in nature wants you DEAD!
Not for some murderous purpose but rather as a way to feed everthing and anything in Nature...thus it is known as...THE FOOD CHAIN. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

I love your response, thank you. I to am a bigfan of nature, and am also very intrigued by fractals in the natural world. But regarding your comments about the city - I believe beauty can be found anywhere, even in the ugliest of situations. Indeed to be able to find the beauty in any given situation is a skill which once learnt can open your eyes to a myriad of possibilities which we otherwise would not be aware of.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Modern society it would seem is all about ignoring beauty and teaching children to be fearful and see the negative in everything. Huge numbers of people are depressed for no other reason than that they can no longer recognize beauty or permit oneself from reaching out to it.
Society informs us through cultural standards of what is and what is not beautiful. They demand perfect symmetry and exaggerated curves of erogenous zones in women, skin with even tones and no marks or blemishes, We also seem to have a hangup about inanimate objects where things of actual or projected power like expensive cars and homes must be l larger to be better and inversely, things of convenience like computers, cell phones etc, get more beautiful the smaller they are.
They no longer teach art or music in schools for the very reason that they don't want our children to appreciate true beauty as found in nature but to adhere to the standards I listed above.

So true. Somethng interesting to note as well is that the countries with the highest rate of youth suicide (which I believe to be a good measure of overall happiness levels) are all 1st world western countries. Countries where these children seemingly have it all, but yet that is not enough.

Funnily enough the countires with the lowest suicide rates are some of the most impoverished nations there are. Having travelled to a few of these countries I can personally say that the children I met there are some of the happiest I've ever seen in my life.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Happiness isn;t about how much stuff you have but about feeling you have a place in society and in the world. Often the poorest financially are the richest in family - therein lies the difference.

new topics

top topics

join