It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA collaboration with New York Police Department was never legally approved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The top lawyer at the CIA never approved sending one of its officers to help the New York Police Department create a domestic spying program, raising the possibility that the agency may have violated a ban on domestic spying.

WHAT ???

Ya mean there are in-country operations commingling the CIA and police departments ?

The CIA violating a ban on domestic spying ?

No Way.

Unless of course, Obama says "go for it baby while ya can".

Next year may be a little different story maybe.

Last August, the Associated Press reported that the CIA had violated that prohibition when it “played a key role in transforming the New York Police Department’s intelligence unit into a cutting edge spy shop dedicated to gathering information on Muslims.”

Muslims ?

Lawyers involved in spying legalities ?

What's this country coming to anyway.

CIA collaboration with New York Police

New York Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly insisted in October that the arrangement was legal under a 1981 presidential order, which allows the CIA to provide local law enforcement with “specialized equipment, technical knowledge or assistance of expert personnel,” provided the guidelines are spelled out in advance and the agency’s general counsel approves of the arrangement.

Is Mr. Kelly a lawyer ?

truth or Consequences ... [buzz]

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Since when DIDNT the CIA have its grubby fingers all over the USA?
I recall a certain operation mockingbird......
How soon we forget.....
There is nothing stopping the CIA or any other organisation like it from working all over the USA because it is now declared a battlefield, and i am sure that the CIA has some claim to jurisdiction now....besides, they are the ones who will do the renditioning of US citizens as they already have experience with that......

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Kelly, the police commissioner, has vigorously defended the NYPD's relationship with the CIA. Testifying before the City Council in October, Kelly said the collaboration was authorized under the 1981 presidential order, known as No. 12333.

Well, it must have been ok then as see that number? 12333?
Thats a presidential order...

If this was not so pathetic...but it is. And the AP is just now getting around
to investigating this?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Two Words
"Plausible Deniability"

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wow, a government organization that oversteps its bounds! Who woulda thunk it? Government employees who think they are above the law? Naw, never happen in a million years.

Thomas Jefferson said it best-

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.

While reading the DoI yet again, it occurs to me (yet again) that almost every grievance listed is occurring today.

One thing that has always bothered me is the concept of the "consent of the governed". I have never consented to be governed by anybody. You can go back to my school records and see that ever since 1st grade they would check the box that says "does not respect authority". I've never acknowledged that anybody has authority over me because I have never met anybody in a position of so-called "authority" who I felt deserved my respect. People in positions of authority tend to abuse that authority and I saw that when I was 5 years old- I was also consistently beating adults at chess when I was 5 years old, so take that for what it's worth.

The time for the revolution is here. I am ready to take back my rights, are you?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

You can go back to my school records and see that ever since 1st grade they would check the box that says "does not respect authority".

And they used red ink when I was a kid !!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The CIA shouldn't need permission to operate in this country, they have sacrificed a lot for our Country and deserve
more compassion. Spy work is based on secrecy and they don't need to leave a paper trail.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

The CIA shouldn't need permission to operate in this country, they have sacrificed a lot for our Country and deserve
more compassion. Spy work is based on secrecy and they don't need to leave a paper trail.

Many people agree.

But there apparently is a law against it.

But many laws get broken by the makers.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

more compassion.

French bread spiked with '___' in CIA experiment

They're such an honorable bunch.

Spy work is based on secrecy and they don't need to leave a paper trail.

CIA operatives suspected of kidnapping left paper trail

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This perhaps pales in comparison to MK Ultra operations.

Project MKULTRA, or MK-ULTRA, was the code name for a covert, illegal CIA human experimentation program, run by the CIA's Office of Scientific Intelligence. This official U.S. government program began in the early 1950s, continued at least through the late 1960s, and used U.S. and Canadian citizens as its test subjects

Project MKULTRA

new topics

top topics

join