It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Families Who Saved Jews in World War II - a documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Photographers Norman Gershman and Stuart Huck speak about their exhibition of photographs of Albanian and Kosovar Muslims who risked their lives to save the lives of Jews during World War II. They are joined by Johanna Neumann, a German Jew who survived the holocaust in Albania with assistance from Muslims.

Sponsored by the Holocaust Lecture Series.

I came across this video this morning, and I am watching it right now.
I felt it would make an interesting thread in the religion and faith section here on ATS, considering many threads here focus on conflicts between religions, especially involving islam and judaism.

Even if one cannot sit through the whole video, (it is pretty slow paced, I admit) the basic message is pretty clear- Most Jews and muslims on their own have no problem getting along.This fact does not change despite some agenda-driven fundamentalists insisting that islam is hostile towards Jews.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Incredibly interesting. I haven't got the time to watch now but will definitely watch later. This is something i've never thought about really.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Look forward to watching it, but the message is clear: We need to shake free from the socio-religio-politico forces that are the true cause of dissension.

I've enjoyed and learned so much from my friends of different religious faiths over the years. It seems to me that the common folk can almost always get along and show genuine compassion to one another.

It's the pot-stirrers that we need to eliminate.

Thank you, OP, for fighting the good fight. The pen...it truly is mightier than the sword. May we wield it with conviction.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Too bad all of this doesn't matter.

new topics

top topics

join