Does Zero Exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You nailed it, but also keep in mind the positions of a pendulum swing... -/-, -/+, +/-, +/+

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I'm a decent programmer, but I didn't program this... And if I took part in it, I've obviously forgotten about that little tidbit. All we're able to determine is code, operation, and objects for now.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Zero is simply a symbol, also known as a circle, which represents a whole, AKA Balance. -1 + 1 = balance. Think about all your mathematical data being represented inside of a pie chart. This is what zero actually is. Nothing cannot exist except in your own brain.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

I'm interested in reading the thoughts of whoever composed the above graphic.

Can anyone provide the URL of the website that originally posted it?

I pulled it off fb quite a while back. There's no telling. You'll find another video of Rodin in a classroom setting tying the fib sequence to this pattern though. Also research the solfeggio scale, if you haven't already.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by spy66

You nailed it, but also keep in mind the positions of a pendulum swing... -/-, -/+, +/-, +/+

"... -/-, -/+, +/-, +/+" to me this is one rotation/cycle of 3, 6 and 9?

Where 3 and 6 are doing the pushing on 9, as they doing the numbers.

If i am looking at the image correctly?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
Zero exists at the center of a scale. It's the point of balance, equality and equilibrium.

I think if you use zero as a center point of balance, it is obvious that it exists using this definition.

Great post. Yes, zero can refer to multiple ideas or concepts. Thinking numerically, zero doesn't have a lot of "substance," but thinking in terms of concepts, the importance of zero becomes imperative. A center point of balance is a significant concept.

Thinking about the place in line that a zero occupies in a set of GPS coordinates is extremely important. I used to work as a flight nurse on a medevac helicopter. We once hired a dispatcher who used to drop the zeroes when reading GPS coordinates to us. Let me tell you, Big Difference in location when you just drop the zeroes. She didn't "make the cut," as the importance of zero was lost on her

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

I'm a decent programmer, but I didn't program this... And if I took part in it, I've obviously forgotten about that little tidbit. All we're able to determine is code, operation, and objects for now.

What gave me the idea to ask is if you look at this image, and observe the back ground which 3, 6 and 9 is on. The back ground must exist for the image of 3, 6 and 9 to exist. That means 3, 6 and 9 are not dominant/infinite. The back ground or the space which 3, 6 and 9 exist within is larger.

For you to be able to do programing you need a dimension to program on or within.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

reply to post by spy66

"... -/-, -/+, +/-, +/+" to me this is one rotation/cycle of 3, 6 and 9?

Where 3 and 6 are doing the pushing on 9, as they doing the numbers.

If i am looking at the image correctly?

One explanation I thought of is to take this graphic, and turn it into a design for Netwon's Cradle. Spin is then transferred along the edges from clockwise to counterclockwise motion. Again, you are a witness to cycles.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I'll bite! lol

take any number, and keep halving the value, you will never get to zero

This is not "entirely" true. You can reach zero, but like you said, you can continue to half it.

This makes me wonder what zero really is. Does it really exist at all? Everything in the physical universe must be made out of at least 1 if something. Yes / no?

Zero and the place-holder zero takes up is significant. I mentioned this point in another post on this thread. Think about zero and its role in GPS coordinates. You'll end up with two very different locations if you drop the zero place-holder. Not a good thing!

When discussing real numbers and absolute value, the absolute value is either positive or zero, never negative, so here zero has more significance negative numbers.

I liked your example of a sandwhich and continuously cutting it in half.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Hence, matter is mostly "empty" space. No one mentioned how space is being driven. The push denotes magnetic currents. A repelling force when the two currents are in lockstep. An attraction when the currents are phased 180 degrees apart... Basically, winding into each other.

The atomic alignment of elements should have given us enough insight. Fortunately, they're experimenting with lattice structures of nano-particles in order to draw the same conclusion.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

One explanation I thought of is to take this graphic, and turn it into a design for Netwon's Cradle. Spin is then transferred along the edges from clockwise to counterclockwise motion. Again, you are a witness to cycles.

That should be able to work, because you should be able to create a magnetic field by creating a coil which could move the ball(s) back and forth. But it would be the magnetic field created by the coil that would do the pushing.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

Hence, matter is mostly "empty" space. No one mentioned how space is being driven. The push denotes magnetic currents. A repelling force when the two currents are in lockstep. An attraction when the currents are phased 180 degrees apart... Basically, winding into each other.

The atomic alignment of elements should have given us enough insight. Fortunately, they're experimenting with lattice structures of nano-particles in order to draw the same conclusion.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

You have to think beyond matter to see what i am getting at. Matter is in reality compressed energy. Space consists of arias with different states of compressed energies. Some arias of space is more compressed than others. Hench more energies compressed into a space.

Let me ask; what caused the compression if the initial state of energy is infinite?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
Interesting thread. I'll bite! lol

take any number, and keep halving the value, you will never get to zero

This is not "entirely" true. You can reach zero, but like you said, you can continue to half it.

This makes me wonder what zero really is. Does it really exist at all? Everything in the physical universe must be made out of at least 1 if something. Yes / no?

Zero and the place-holder zero takes up is significant. I mentioned this point in another post on this thread. Think about zero and its role in GPS coordinates. You'll end up with two very different locations if you drop the zero place-holder. Not a good thing!

When discussing real numbers and absolute value, the absolute value is either positive or zero, never negative, so here zero has more significance negative numbers.

I liked your example of a sandwhich and continuously cutting it in half.

Thanks for posting a response. That applies to everyone on this thread. Sure, it is possible to reach 'zero' by subtracting. But then again, when you are subtracting, something must happen to that energy, it doesn't disappear into nothing or zero; either it is placed somewhere else, or it transits into some other form of energy. If you subtract the piece of bread in half, and eat a half, the part that has been halved transits into another form of energy when you digest it, and never truly becomes zero. A contrary example would be folding a piece of paper. I'm sure theoretically you can continue to fold an infinite number of times. Actually, I think Mythbusters managed to break the supposed maximum number of folds
. I can sort of imagine 0 existing as infinite possibility before everything more than 1.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
reply to post by TomServo

The problem with the falling concept is, while it would happen, we could conclude that it was merely us manifesting the result. If you apply Zeno's dichotomy paradox to anything motional, you result in an infinite amount of obstacles. This would imply that all motion is, in fact, an illusion (as covering an infinite amount of distance would be an impossibility).

Perhaps, your subconscious mind is manifesting all of reality, regardless of you being aware of it. When you walk forward you actually manifest the Universe moving towards you.

Indeed scalar physics is the basis of zeno's axiom everything in a cosmos is static. Mind accesses the baseline quantum level so to display that which one thinks they are doing, thus there is indeed no real movement. There is a test to do which can correlate with this.....

Lay on a coffee table or the like with torso hanging over the edge. Get someone to hold you by your wrists with stretched arms so your head hangs horizontally in line with the rest of your body. Your arms will be roughly 45 degrees upward...Have them hold you there for about a minute or so, whilst you completely relax, then they lower your arms slowly enough that it will take about half a minute for your arms/palms to reach the ground in a full outstretched state. You will want to test the height/body length ratio to the table for this end position before trying, to make sure you can find a comfortable stance with the coffee table (or whatever surface) and your waist. A soft surface is ideal like a mattress on an edge.

Enjoy

Be careful if you are someone who has an inclination that leans away from metaphysical experiences. This may rewire your perception into a metaphysical perspective.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The only way to get 1 to = 0 is by "compression and expansion".

If you have a rope that is infinitely long, and a knot is compressed on this rope. The knot will become just as straight and even as the infinite rope, after the knot has expanded.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

And that's why neither space nor time is continuous but discrete (as in step wise). So the whole Zeno paradox disappears.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The Zero

Zero has a numerical value. Where 1 is a plus or positive number, minus 1 is a negative number. Zero therefore is the exact balance between the two, and it is the neutral number.

If I take the OP's theory of dividing by half the piece of bread into an infinity of halves, I must take into the account the now missing pieces, so that for each half there is an equal but opposite void by that same measurement. Even if I could get to absolute nothing, I would still have almost something by filling the missing numbers with the void I create.

If I cut the piece of bread in half only, I have two separate pieces of equal value. half will be bread and half will be void, the exact undefined position between them if Zero. This is how we know that the bread is one half slice, because we can mathematically calculate the missing piece by giving it a value. If we could not do this, then the half of slice would actually be seen as a whole slice in it's entirety.

Without the zero, math, and even natural functioning would be impossible. Everything in the universe has a numerical value, and all life and all bio functions have numerical value. The zero is the ruler by which we discern it all.

And in case you were speculating, yes, it also shows that the universe and everything in it was intelligently created, and we know this because we can observe it in reality terms easy to be understood.

edit on 25-1-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

The void is already there. The peaces can never take up more space then the initial bread being split. So there is no need for extra space/void.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

If you have a rope that is infinitely long, and a knot is compressed on this rope. The knot will become just as straight and even as the infinite rope, after the knot has expanded.

the compression reason is from lacking being objective absolute one freedom so bc of others free stands meaning to keep their freedom subjective while they exist so in objective actualisation of what exist it cant b one existence truly
but in truth any objective free existence fact is at least stillness meaning positive superiority so never back

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

the compression reason is from lacking being objective absolute one freedom so bc of others free stands meaning to keep their freedom subjective while they exist so in objective actualisation of what exist it cant b one existence truly
but in truth any objective free existence fact is at least stillness meaning positive superiority so never back

absolutely, don't argue mathematics or philosophy if you can't get your grammar at least half right. It only confuses the conversation.

And yes, I am being as polite as I can about it.

Also, a rope that is infinitely long has no tension in it, which means the knot will stay precisely as it is, indefinitely.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join