It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Smart Engaged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Former kidnapping victim, Elizabeth Smart is getting married. Good for her. It must be difficult to overcome the fears of an intimate relationship after what she's been through.

This is close to my heart because I saw Elizabeth during her ordeal. I was on a freeway off ramp, in Lakeside, Ca., when I noticed a car to my right and the young woman in the back seat. Our eyes locked for a long moment. She was wearing a white, sheetlike dress and a matching hood like veil, and a cloth over her nose and mouth. It felt as if she was trying to tell me something, but couldn't. I could see it in her eyes, and it haunted me for a long time.

The driver of the car was an older man, dirty looking, long hair and beard, burnt out hippy, with a woman dressed the same as the passenger, who I assumed was the young girls mother. They really stood out, even inside a rattle trap car. Neither of them noticed that the young girl and my gaze were locked.

She was found and rescued, in Lakeside, shortly after that, and when I saw it on the news, it all came together. I wish I had been able to do something, but I had no knowledge of her ordeal before that time.

LINK
edit on 20-1-2012 by windword because: ocd

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Damn, I was just getting up my courage to ask her out. At least now I can cut my beard.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Good for her! Thank you for posting. It gives me hope to see that people can recover from horrible ordeals. Hard to imagine, but I am so glad she was able to hopefully start to have a "normal" life! I wish them all the best.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
She's from the Latterday Saint religion (Mormon) so she is encouraged to marry before she's 27 or be labeled a menace to the community. No joking. So she was most likely going to marry someone before then.

Any young man who is unmarried at the age of twenty seven is a menace to the community.

source
edit on 21-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
She's from the Latterday Saint religion (Mormon) so she is encouraged to marry before she's 27 or be labeled a menace to the community. No joking. So she was most likely going to marry someone before then.

Any young man who is unmarried at the age of twenty seven is a menace to the community.

source

Wow! From the frying pan to the fire. From one religious nutter to another religious oppression.

I hope that she's not (secretly) labeled as tainted goods, by church elders and this is not an obligatory pity marriage. I fear her psychological damage runs very deep.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I wonder if she is allowed in their temples. You have to be considered worthy to even enter and that is handed down from the higher ups such as their Apostle. If he see's her raping as immoral she may not be allowed in. I don't think they would be that heartless though. Hope not.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you with an ipad on its back displaying a news article about Elizabeth Smart's engagement. You reach down and flip the ipad over. You're not reading the ipad. Why not?

I am really surprised there is not more interest in this topic.

Does anybody else see any interesting connections in recent events?

Time is a factor.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you with an ipad on its back displaying a news article about Elizabeth Smart's engagement. You reach down and flip the ipad over. You're not reading the ipad. Why not?

Time is a factor.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what connections to recent events. and E.S.'s engagement.....Is the tortoise of? Is he on his back, legs flailing?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Time is a factor.

Is the tortoise on his back, legs flailing?

...belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

Do you remember Bryan Warner, aka Marilyn Manson, painting a picture titled “Elizabeth Smart: You’re Sure You’ll Be Comfortable?”

Google “Elizabeth Smart: You’re Sure You’ll Be Comfortable?”

Why did you post about Elizabeth Smart getting engaged? Your tale of seeing her on her psycho journey is amazing.

edit on 27-1-2012 by XXX777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Can we talk about this some more?
I am very interested in your sighting of E.S.
Her disappearance and subsequent return are part of a massive mind control program.

I am shocked nobody wants to discuss this....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Can we talk about this some more?
I am very interested in your sighting of E.S.
Her disappearance and subsequent return are part of a massive mind control program.

I am shocked nobody wants to discuss this....

I would be interesting in learning about this "massive mind control program" to which you refer, and how E.S.'s kidnapping plays into it and why. Do you think that this is an extension of MK Ultra, Project Butterfly? I'm particularly interested because I attended the McMartin Preschool, years prior to the infamous trial. Those people were guilty, I promise!

...belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

Do you remember Bryan Warner, aka Marilyn Manson, painting a picture titled “Elizabeth Smart: You’re Sure You’ll Be Comfortable?”

Google “Elizabeth Smart: You’re Sure You’ll Be Comfortable?”

Why did you post about Elizabeth Smart getting engaged? Your tale of seeing her on her psycho journey is amazing.

Quite frankly, when I Googled “Elizabeth Smart: You’re Sure You’ll Be Comfortable?” I was a little creeped out and didn't understand what this picture has to do with this thread. Could you explain?

Also, I'm a little creeped out by your tortoise analogy too. I don't understand where you're coming from.

I wasn't really aware of E.S.'s plight until after she was returned home and the media covered the story. That's when I realized that the young woman whose gaze haunted me was her. When I read that she was getting married I was happy that she seemed to be recovering and attempting to have a "normal life."

Then a poster pointed out her religious affiliation and how that might not be really good for her. It could be a coerced situation that her church elders and pressured into.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The tortoise quote is from the movie Blade Runner. In the scene an investigator is trying to determine if a certain person is a replicant or a human.

The Marilyn Manson painting is creepy. It is very creepy. When I saw it I wondered why he chose to paint such a thing. Any other painter would have been questioned about it. Marilyn Manson got away with it. The title makes me think that Marilyn Manson understands something about the E.S. kidnap event. It makes me think he knows it is really a hoax of sorts, an initiatic event of sorts. Asking if she is comfortable?

I remember that even President Bush commented on the kidnapping. How strange is that?

Do you remember just how much Media the event got, and fast, as if it was staged? They would not let it go and they still will not let it go. Even after the Media itself publishes requests to leave her alone, let her live her life, they still push her into the spotlight. She has been paraded all around the United States to push political agendas and raise money for causes. She has been dubbed ABC New Correspondent. There is no effort to leave her alone and let her get on with her life. THERE IS AN EFFORT TO CONTROL HER LIFE.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
That all happened because the case is so UNIQUE.

That's why all the hoopla and interest. This couple basically brainwashed this little girl for years, and she was finally rescued from it. Typically, when kids are kidnapped, you find a body, not a grown-up still being held.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
That all happened because the case is so UNIQUE.

That's why all the hoopla and interest. This couple basically brainwashed this little girl for years, and she was finally rescued from it. Typically, when kids are kidnapped, you find a body, not a grown-up still being held.

No. The Media was on top of it immediately from the start. It was as if the thing had been planned. The date she was kidnapped is an important date.

What do you mean she was brainwashed ''for years''?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
E.S. was married yesterday. Google it.

They say that the engagement got so much publicity and attention that they wanted to go ahead and get married secretly to avoid any more media spotlight.

Oh, really?

She just keeps getting the media spotlight. And she will continue to get it as she travels around the U.S. making appearances to raise money.

There is something going on behind the scenes. Behind the veil so to speak.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Since this is stashed over here in Off Topic I thought I would drop some information for the folks watching this thread....

There are two notable dates coming up within the context of my research -- March 14, 2012 and May 23, 2012.
One is a gate, one is a key.

There are currently news articles available through Google search right now that indicate Elizabeth Smart will be in...

Boca Raton, Florida at an annual luncheon on March 12

Bellevue, Washington at a breakfast fundraiser on March 13

and

Atlanta, Georgia at a Child Safety Luncheon on March 15

leaving March 14 open for a sudden ''unexpected'' appearance in Portland, Oregon possibly as a missing persons news correspondent??? I say Portland here because it is close to Bellevue. Portland is about 180 miles south down the interstate. A car could take her there fast enough. Why would she go there? For Kyron of course.

This young woman, who is supposed to be out of the spotlight, is certainly doing a lot of jetting from coast to coast and back again.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Whether she's a reluctant witness or not, society has given her a job to speak for the missing children, and provide hope for their families, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I actually believe a hidden society has given her the job of speaking for God Himself. And Goldman Sachs.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

What do you mean she was brainwashed ''for years''?

I meant months. She was held for about nine months.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you for the follow up. I figured that was what you meant.

I am now thinking that I actually impacted the announcement of Kyron's discovery. The insiders won't allow me to call the shot in a public forum. My bad. Is guess that was actually an irresponsible act of magic. Sort of a Schrodinger's cat situation. And of course I would have gotten a lot of attention, and brought a lot of questions about the plan. However, I do believe we will get the Kyron news soon.

Anyway. I await May 23rd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join