It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaskan Triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Has anyone here heard of the Alaskan Triangle Information seen on History channel show tonight called Decoded. Anyway pretty interesting Anchorage, Barrow and Juno the natives have had the legends of a Kushkika? please excuse if spelling is wrong for thousands of years there, this spirit takes the soul and the people are never seen again. New wrinkle on me I had only heard of the Bermuda Triangle 1 and 4 people disappear there. Think its supernatural or what?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Even the native Alaska Tlingit Indians that live near Juneau have integrated this peculiar mystery into their religious culture. They believe an evil spirit named Kushtaka, a cross between a man and an otter, captures people who have drowned or gotten lost, whisking them away to his realm never to be seen again. Evil spirits or not, the rate of people reported missing in Alaska is almost twice the national average. While many cases involve runaways or people who return home, Alaska also has the highest percentage of missing people who are never found

Acciden­tal injuries are the third-highest cause of death in Alaska, twice the national incidence rate [source: Alaska Division of Public Health]. In addition to car accidents, this category of fatalities can also include people falling down mountains or slipping in the spaces between glaciers, called crevasses. Of those accidental deaths, drowning is the third-highest cause [source: Alaska Department of Public Safety]. Many times, the cold temperatures cause bodies to sink to the bottom of the water rather than float to the top, adding another challenge to finding missing people.

adventure.howstuffworks.com...

edit on 20-1-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Had the TV on while photographing stuff to sell on eBay and I caught the jist of the show. It sounds feasible to me that Alaska could have some anomolous stuff going on there. I think it would involve the energy released from techtonic/earthmovement activity and the magnetic activity since it so close to the pole.
Now you need to brace yourself for the onslaught of HARRP or HAARP, however you spell it speculation!!!!!!!
Because I would expect it to be heading your way

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Someone already started a thread on this a few days ago, bet the programme was good tho
www.abovetopsecret.com...
They also posted a link to a page
adventure.howstuffworks.com...

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
"Amid the untouched beauty of Alaska's varying landscape, a mystery lingers. Because people seem to go missing at an eerily high rate, a large section of the state has come to be called Alaska's Bermuda Triangle. Planes go down, hikers go missing and Alaskan residents and tourists seem to vanish into the largely untouched backdrop.

The so-called Bermuda Triangle slices through four of the state's regions, from the southeastern wilderness and fjords to the interior tundra and up to the arctic mountain ranges. Its points include the large swath of land from Juneau and Yakutat in the southeast, the Barrow mountain range in the north, and Anchorage in the center of the state."

edit on 20-1-2012 by imnothereru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Darrell Hall & John Oats referred to it as the "Maneater" and even wrote a song. Watch out here she comes....................

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I hope this helps, its the closest wiki I could find on it with the proper spelling.

Kushtaka

Seems very interesting, I'm going to read up on this as I want to go to Alaska one day.
I hope others on this thread provide some insight as well.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Pigraphia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
No, i haven't tuned into the H channel since they relocated "Ancient Aliens" with Ax men.

top topics

join