It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Says No to Oil, Yes to Biofuels

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Of all the bio fuel being produced nationwide,

How much oil is being saved each day ?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am in favor of this.

Some of you say it won't replace all of the oil. You are right but you can definitely make a dent.

Some say that they will use food. Wrong, They use what we throw away already. They can also grow non-food crops that can actually serve to revitalize infertile land.

Some say they will never pay the money back. You are probably right but this is still worth the effort.

I have invested in several cellulostic ethanol endeavors with little success so far. The technology works in small batches, but to date they have failed to make it work on an industrial scale. They basically use enzymes to break the material down and then extract the sugars and convert it to fuel. They also create saleable by products during the process. I have recieved word that new enzymes have been developed that could make it work on an industrial scale, thus why we might be seeing new investment. This is by no means the first time the government has funded a cellulostic ethanol program. They simply just gave them the money in the past.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I say let the private investors take the losses. ALL the losses. Use the IRS writeoffs.

Not the taxpayers.

It's too much of a "pie in the sky" agenda.

The taxpayers always end up with the "pie in the eye".

I say Thanks But No Thanks Anyway

I Want a Refund .... We've Been Rooked !!

edit on Jan-21-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Jan-21-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I can see where you're coming from. You'd feel much better personally and better for the country in general if your, and everybody elses tax dollars were being used to fund NECESSARY or sound investments.

Now what are your thoughts on our completely ludicrous defense budget which we justify by saying that desert peoples hate our freedoms? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see Bio-fuel as a much more sound investment than hundreds of billions being squandered on bombs or ridiculously expensive military research projects which seemingly serve the same contractors over and over while we continually fight wars over and over.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

I can see where you're coming from. You'd feel much better personally and better for the country in general if your, and everybody elses tax dollars were being used to fund NECESSARY or sound investments.

Now what are your thoughts on our completely ludicrous defense budget which we justify by saying that desert peoples hate our freedoms? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see Bio-fuel as a much more sound investment than hundreds of billions being squandered on bombs or ridiculously expensive military research projects which seemingly serve the same contractors over and over while we continually fight wars over and over.

I'm with ya on the military squandering.

The production and use of military items burns up fuel like crazy.

The government should not "invest" in anything.

Let private industry do all that.

The government just said no to an oil project that would actually work.

The government has also blocked some other domestic oil projects.

And we wonder why we have to buy from the Middle East.

How much energy is necessary to produce bio fuel ?

I Say Keep Corporatism Out of Government

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

In a perfect America there would be no corporate anything in Govt.
We are headed for the worst downfall. "Corporations are people, my friend"

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

In a perfect America there would be no corporate anything in Govt.
We are headed for the worst downfall. "Corporations are people, my friend"

They sure are, and they are the ones killing off everything.

I wish we could live as long as some of 'em.

That's why some say we are The UKnighted States of America

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join