It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Says No to Oil, Yes to Biofuels

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
NO kidding.

What a surprise Wilma !!

(CNSNews.com) Jan 20 2012 - Two days after President Barack Obama blocked construction of a major oil pipeline, his administration is touting its efforts to expand domestic production of renewable energy.
But not without an Agenda of course !!!!!!

I Can't Ssss.....TAND IT.

The Irony is kill'n me.

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced Friday that his agency has approved a $25-million conditional loan guarantee to build a 55,000-square-foot biorefinery plant in Iowa.

And just what is HE so proud of ? Is this bonehead some kind of Commie/Marxist/Nazi/Fascist ?
Notice it says "conditional" loan guarantee. WTF does THAT mean ?
What is all that supposed to mean to the the normal, average citizen anyway ?
Sounds more like Banker/Lawyer mumbo-jumbo to me.

The Fiberight facility will produce cellulosic ethanol by converting municipal solid waste and other industrial pulps into "advanced biofuels," the news release said.

Well wtf is "cellulosic ethonol" by the way ?
How 'bout "municipal solid waste" ?

or "other industrial pulps" ?

Jesus, who do they think they're talking to anyway ? Some kind of Lawyer or Nuclear rocket scientist ?
How about the rest of us that have to pay for this psychopathic mania ?

The project is expected to create 38 jobs and save 16 jobs. By contrast, expansion of the Canada-Texas Keystone XL pipeline would create thousands of jobs; some estimates say as many as 20,000.
WHAT ?
Well WOW and excuse ME .... I'll take the 20,000 Mr. POTUS.....How 'bout YOU ?

I can't take it anymore......

I have Had It Up To Here With These Obama Czarist Agendas

Here is the article: Obama Administration Says No to Oil, Yes to Biofuels
p.s. Ignor the whinning appeal for donations at the bottom of the article (for your own good please)

Hey Barack ...

Do Your Best to NOT live-Up to My Expectations !!!

I Want My Refund

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I wonder how many of Obama's friends are invested in Fibberight...er...Fiberight?

Seriously, until He offers to give Humanity the free energy hidden in black ops... Pfff. He's just a jerk with an agenda driven by...MONEY.

(Let's get rid of the need for it, money, that is. Do a search for "electrogravitics Amaterasu" to see how.)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What I would interpret as "conditional loan" is that you can either produce profits or default on the loan but either way you have to pay it back, but have more time to do so if you're making profits... or at least that's what I'd hope. Therefore, they couldn't get caught in another Solyndra (SP?) situation.

"Cellulosic ethanol" is ethanol produced from byproducts such as wheat stalk, corn husk, things that are byproducts of other products, sometimes resulting in "industrial pulps" like byproducts from paper production and the like. I would venture to guess that means using the unused parts of corn, wheat, etc, discarded remnants such as tree bark, processed sugar cane and the like to produce ethyl alcohol.

Municipal solid waste is obviously that: trash discarded by municipalities, traditionally put into land fills. It could also suggest solid biological waste removed from sewage and septic systems.

Hmm... Keystone pipeline, 20K jobs... biofuel loan, 16 jobs. Hard choice to make, obviously. But if the biofuel plant pays off, it could potentially scale up to thousands of jobs within many local regions. Imagine your crap recycled into fuel for vehicles, heating homes, etc. Put that plant somewhere near Sacramento, CA, and you could power the entire west coast with all the crap California polititians create. But I digress.

All your feces and trash, and the waste from local facilities funnel into a facility that reprocesses that into fuel stock. It's probably not enough by itself to keep your city solvent, financially speaking, but will put a dent in it.

And if the loan really is "conditional" or contigent on actually producing tangible results for the citizens around, and not just the board of directors, is that a bad thing?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
And next it'll be ``turning food into fuel`` to make sure that more people starve to death.

What about turning COAL into liquid fuel instead?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Iowa you say?

Didnt something just happen in Iowa?

Something to do with the presidency?, hmmmmm.

I imagine there was a lot of very rich people in Iowa recently, probably a good few of them businessmen , probably a handful of politicians aswel.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I think I'm more offended by the fact that your post is mostly whining that the 'average citizen is too dumb to understand the language used / doesn't know how to use a dictionary'.

What is he some kinda nazi liberal? /yosemite sam voice

Also: the CNS saying that Obama cost the country "20,000 jobs" (most likely widely inflated 'estimate') is like asking the DNC about Bush's record in office.....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

I wonder how many of Obama's friends are invested in Fibberight...er...Fiberight?

Seriously, until He offers to give Humanity the free energy hidden in black ops... Pfff. He's just a jerk with an agenda driven by...MONEY.

(Let's get rid of the need for it, money, that is. Do a search for "electrogravitics Amaterasu" to see how.)

Well that all depends if they are in early stages of bankruptcy !!!

Some people make money that way.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000

I think I'm more offended by the fact that your post is mostly whining that the 'average citizen is too dumb to understand the language used / doesn't know how to use a dictionary'.

What is he some kinda nazi liberal? /yosemite sam voice

Also: the CNS saying that Obama cost the country "20,000 jobs" (most likely widely inflated 'estimate') is like asking the DNC about Bush's record in office.....

Sorry.

But you need to wake to reality.

Are you actually "offended" or do you just "think" you are "offended" ?

Your seem unsure of yourself.

I'm to dumb to get it.

edit on Jan-20-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

What reality is that?

I'm definitely offended by your ignorance (and the apparent pride that you take in your ignorance).

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Good info. Thanks.

If they go bankrupt, "they" don't have to pay back anything....

Except "their" own conscience. Which is worthless anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

What reality is that?

I'm definitely offended by your ignorance (and the apparent pride that you take in your ignorance).

I am completely confused for sure now.

I am offended by the arrogant insinuations (not yours, the article's) that are above my levels.

What reality is that?
I wish I could help you.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Iowa you say?

Didnt something just happen in Iowa?

Something to do with the presidency?, hmmmmm.

I imagine there was a lot of very rich people in Iowa recently, probably a good few of them businessmen , probably a handful of politicians aswel.

Good observation.

Hmmm.

Are we seeing political manipulations to foster votes and support perhaps ?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Good info. Thanks.

Umm, you're welcome, I think.

If they go bankrupt, "they" don't have to pay back anything....

Except "their" own conscience. Which is worthless anyway.

I didn't say that. Rather, I said "What I would interpret as "conditional loan" is that you can either produce profits or default on the loan but either way you have to pay it back, but have more time to do so if you're making profits... or at least that's what I'd hope. Therefore, they couldn't get caught in another Solyndra (SP?) situation."

So, nice attempt taking what I said, putting words in my mouth, and converting that to some semblance of truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Doesn't take a "lawyer" or "nuclear rocket scientist"
...just some common sense...

Cellulosic ethanol (not sure how you had trouble with those basic ideas behind "cellulose" and "ethanol"
)

Municipal solid waste (Municipal = relating to a town...and...well...solid waste is self explanatory..)

Ohhh the conspiracy

Look, I don't like Obama just as much as the next guy, but there's not some ridiculous evil alternative agenda behind every move he makes. This is a good idea...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You know, I think I've just made an idiot out of myself. To be fair sarcasm in text doesn't translate as well....

I think that's enough internets for me for today.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You know, I think I've just made an idiot out of myself. To be fair sarcasm in text doesn't translate as well....

Made sense to me: I read the sarcasm.

It's always amazing how people can ask what "X", "Y" and "Z" mean but anyone can find it on the dictionary sites and... GASP... Wikipedia. That alone should tell you that the person wan't really interested in what they meant, and were just trying to raise an inflammatory response from others.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Sorry I misunderstood.

My mistake.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Be strong.

Be certain.

Never guess.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Made sense to me: I read the sarcasm.

It's always amazing how people can ask what "X", "Y" and "Z" mean but anyone can find it on the dictionary sites and... GASP... Wikipedia. That alone should tell you that the person wan't really interested in what they meant, and were just trying to raise an inflammatory response from others.

Well,

How else can we get intellegent discussion ?

And I always forget that wikipedia part. They were offline before.

What about Obama's current scam ?

Any thoughts ?

Is it good? Why or why not ?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

It's there.

But "they' won't let anybody have it as long as "not-so-free" energy is in abundance.

Obama is a jerk ?

I think this November will be a "night to remember" (or in his case: "a night ot forget")

He will soon learn all about "Excedrin headaches" even IF biofuel is real

By the way anybody else.....

Is there actually enough "municipal solid waste" or "other industrial pulps" to cover YOUR energy needs and replace OIL ?

Hmmm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join