It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Radar talks with ghosts, app claims

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So I have an Android internet tablet that has apps that can be downloaded for free, most of the same apps can be found on ipad. The program is called Ghost Radar at the app store, its free.

You can sit and listen to words that pop up on the screen or talk to the ghost/spirit to say something. This program is scary.

My experience happened with a ghost claiming to be a German soldier, he also said his name was Edmond and knew that I am gay and from new York. He also said he needs a minister because of not crossing a bridge.

Even though I laughed saying coincidence my door opened on its own and I felt cold

Post your experience here thanks. This was weird and kinda scary. I'm not claiming ghosts exist but this was very strange indeed.

www.spudpickles.com...
Ghost Radar employs sensors that measure electromagnetic fields, vibrations, and sounds. However, traditional paranormal equipment can be easily fooled when simple mundane bursts of normal electromagnetic fields, vibrations and sounds occur. Ghost Radar sets itself apart by analyzing the readings from sensors giving indications only when interesting patterns in the readings have been made.

edit on 20-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

Sounds like this app is as bad as a ouija board.. If you don't know what you are doing, it can be unhealthy to open doorways that are better left closed.

Be careful of what you invite in.

JMOHO.

Des
edit on 20-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yeah, uh, no thanks, but thanks for telling us. I don't really fancy contacting spirits that could turn around and bite us in the arse

On topic though, that is quite strange and i will say that is a little more than a mere coincidence

EDIT: I also agree with the below poster
Seems to be the most reasonable idea.
edit on 20-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

comoooon...are you for....is this a j......

Really sometimes i am convinced you people are roleplaying all of this,seriously.

A android ap that lets you talk to ghosts? And it knew personal information about you ,A android ap ??? nooooo.

This is just a amazingly wild shot in the dark that i am taking here but please try and pretend that what i am about to purpose could possibly maybe be a tiny little bit true,.,:

The app pulls personal data from Facebook,twatter,Tumbler,facesmash,hereismypersonallife.com,everythingthereistoknowaboutme,
thetimesigotothebathroom,com or any other source on your smartphone.

Or of course the more obvious explanation which would be,The app is real and free and lets you talk to real ghosts.

Just throwing a crazy and wild idea around here.

edit on 20-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Huh, I never actualy thought about the role-play angle before, but that kinda makes sense, it also helps take a way a hell of a lot of my general bamboozlement about these types of threads. As anyone who genuinely believe a post like that is more than likely a serious danger to ghosts and society alike.

If of course role-play is off the table, then they should probably see a doctor, IMMEDIATELY, no matter what the ghosts tell you.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If you guys believe it is roleplaying and fantasy, let them roleplay in peace.
No need to jump in and spout out what 80% of the members here are thinking.

I do not believe in ghosts and spirits, at least not in such a way they can communicate through and android app.

But seriously, instead of wasting your time, saying what alot of others are thinking. How about you go to the forums where you can and want to contribute with something that in your eyes is useful. Cause all you did here did not change anything, did not help anyone and it pretty much just made you look like douchebags.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

Deny Ignorance

I think thats the sites motto anyway, I could be wrong though, it could embrace ignorance and fantasy whilst trying to spread it unto others with as many crazy posts as possible, I dunno, Im pretty sure it was DENY IGNORANCE, maybe not., you might be right.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

i dont contact spirits anymore, figured instead of living in the past and thinking in the now i will change my vibration energy field to a higher state and focus on bettering myself. expressing love and positive vibes, friends , family, random people.

have a nice day

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Not too many years ago, we all believed firmly the earth was flat.
Who is to say you are not the ignorant one, who is to say that the OP is the ignorant. How can we ever really know for sure? ATS has a forum for paranormal studies, inside that forum cases like these are supposed to be openly discussed, without facing what a believer in the paranormal would consider ignorance.
In the science forums, a follower of science is supposed to discuss scientific theories without facing what in his eyes is ignorance.
We each decide what ignorance is, we each decide what we want to believe and what we want to discover. None should face ignorance, of any kind, no matter who believes what ignorance is. THAT is what Deny Ignorance means, THAT is what ATS stands for, and what we should believe in.

If you do not believe in the paranormal, fine, then leave those who do to it, and go do something useful in a forum where you can.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2012 by needlenight because: Doublepost (Browser bug)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i stopped contacting spirits after one called me a gay german.

Not too many years ago, we all believed firmly the earth was flat.

thats actually a misconception, very few people in history believed the earth was flat.
edit on 20-1-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
reply to post by Rafe_

Huh, I never actualy thought about the role-play angle before, but that kinda makes sense, it also helps take a way a hell of a lot of my general bamboozlement about these types of threads. As anyone who genuinely believe a post like that is more than likely a serious danger to ghosts and society alike.

If of course role-play is off the table, then they should probably see a doctor, IMMEDIATELY, no matter what the ghosts tell you.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

It does doesn't it

I remember the first time the thought popped into my mind and it did so because there is just no way someone can genuinely believe this level of ...stuff... without having serious mental issues.So i rationalized "roleplaying" but i am also sure some do not admit it even to themselves which i atribute to "Staying in character"

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Have you seen this show before?

Start at around the 5 minute mark...

edit on 20/1/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by needlenight
If you guys believe it is roleplaying and fantasy, let them roleplay in peace.
No need to jump in and spout out what 80% of the members here are thinking.

I do not believe in ghosts and spirits, at least not in such a way they can communicate through and android app.

But seriously, instead of wasting your time, saying what alot of others are thinking. How about you go to the forums where you can and want to contribute with something that in your eyes is useful. Cause all you did here did not change anything, did not help anyone and it pretty much just made you look like douchebags.

ixtab already made a good point about it already.

It is not us that are wasting our time here it is others that are wasting ours really.
I am not even trying to be snide here.These forums are not for role-players ,this is not kindergarten.These forums are intended for serious use not for claiming yourself a re-incarnation the god azeroth or whatever ridiculous example you want to pull out of the forums database.

These forums are used as a garbage bin by way to many people without shame and it is cluttering up the place and burring the interesting discussions and topics.

I am not 'a believe' nor am i a 'non-believer' but what i am is simply interested,posts and people like this are numbing that interest,it destroys it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks had not seen that before. I don't do seances nor ouija boards. Bad juju for an empath like me.

Des

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Rafe...why then, did the *owners* of ATS create forums for all that, as you call it clutter. I'm curious as to your answer on this question.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I got this app on my Iphone...

Its... well... I think its a clever little app that listens to key words and produces an effect that may appear to be a ghost talking to you...

Although I have had an experience or two that might have been convincing?

But I honestly see it as novelty more than anything...

I do recommend it to people...
And i do use it often to try and find ghosts...
Yet still my views have not changed...

Its a fun way to kill an hour, if you are alone in a spooky house lol

And trust me If I really thought it worked... I would be more than excited to find out!
I'm really into Ghost/Paranormal Studies!

As far as Ouija boards... Portals to hell that are a scorn upon the ethereal of all things natural and pure...
I wont allow one to be brought within 20 feet of me, If I can help it...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

If anything ,i was asking you.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It's a random image, random word generator.

I wouldn't take it seriously.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I play with the app frequently but I haven't found that it has ever said anything that made sense.
The principal is as sound as communications like EVP's; The app's website claims it uses the various sensors on your phone to allow something to interact with it.

My first guess without seeing the programming code is that it could be a random word generator disguised as something more complex. If something were able to interact directly with electronics, who is to say that they couldn't manipulate even a random generator program in some fashion in order to communicate?

I don't try to communicate with spirits directly, I just run it in the background sometimes to see what it picks up. Sometimes it goes crazy, other times it can sit there for hours and not make a beep. I generally get more "hits" in the car than I do at home. The words it picks up rarely repeat and the varied "activity" suggest to me that there's more to the program than just a random word generator.

Over time I have come to think that it's probable that it is detecting something, possibly variations in EMF fields, Wifi hotspots or other things that set it off, but I have yet to see any coherent communication come out of it. A couple of times it was close though. I keep playing with it, hoping that the failure is due to some ignorant ghosts and not the application.

Any clear response to a question should be considered impressive. If it knew anything about the OP, then that truly is bizarre.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join