It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred for America, have at it ATS

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Google B25 bomber flies into Empire State Building. This building was not reinforced as the Pentagon. That hole is not big neither. Trust me, my intelligence is twice yours. You need your friend to sink my ship? Trust me, my knowledge cannot be taken by paranoids.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by staticarium

I love you too!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Jay-morris

Please explain how america is the greatest nation that ever was? Please explain this.

I’ll give you the Dave Letterman (I’m sure you’ve heard of that American) Top 10 answer:

10. Entertainment
The movies the world watches, the television shows they tune into, and the music they listen to are, for the most part, produced in the United States. For instance, the U.S. exports more than 25 times the number of movies and television shows than it consumes from abroad, a fact that causes Ben Wattenberg to observe quite correctly that America is "the most culturally potent nation in the world."

9. Immigration
During the hundred years ending in the 1920s, a majority of the world's immigrants came to one lone country: the United States. Today, the U.S. takes in more immigrants than at any point in its history.

8. Technology
Americans have given the world motion pictures, the telephone, the television, the computer, the Internet, the airplane, the VCR, and a host of other machines and devices that have vastly improved the quality of life on the planet. Ironically, the terrorists who hate the U.S. give America a tacit endorsement every time they turn on a light, escape the heat through air conditioning, monitor their exploits on television or the internet, or communicate via telephone.

7. Creating Wealth
America is the sun around which the world economy revolves. The typical creator of wealth in the world is an American. Foreigners benefit from buying better products from American companies and working better jobs manufacturing such products. Take America's $9 trillion dollar economy out of the picture, and the economic well being of the rest of the world nose-dives.

6. Generosity
With great wealth comes great generosity. In 2000, Americans gave more than $200 billion in charity, dwarfing the amount donated elsewhere. Since World War II, the U.S. government has given well in excess of $500 billion (not adjusted for inflation) in foreign aid.

5. Human Achievement
Americans have stretched the bounds of the possible. The first transatlantic flight, putting a man on the moon, breaking the speed of sound, constructing the Hoover Dam, and building the Panama Canal serve as testimony to American courage and ingenuity. It wasn't Danes or Bolivians or Iranians or Koreans who achieved these feats. It was Americans. This is significant.

4. Enlightened Power
The Soviet Empire ruled over Eastern Europe. The Ottoman Empire claimed dominion over vast stretches of the Islamic world. The Empire of the Sun sought dominion over the Orient. The American Empire rules...only Americans. America is an historical curiosity. It is the most powerful country in the world, yet it eschews imperialism. Instead, it has used its military might to liberate.

3. Medicine
Will Nigerian doctors make the blind see? Will Cambodians cure AIDS? Will Pakistanis eradicate cancer? The answer is probably not. Why? The reason is that non-Westerners have had no discernable impact on modern medicine.

2. Democracy
More than 215 years after the Constitutional Convention, most people on the planet still do not have a right to vote. Every Arab country, more than three-fourths of African nations, and many of the most populous nations in the Orient still deny their citizens the right to choose their own leaders. Despite the continued rejection by many foreign leaders, the ideals of the American Founding became contagious. Our example served to topple regimes far from our shores.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!

1. Freedom
America has shined as a beacon of freedom in an unfree world for more than two centuries. To this day, for instance, most people living outside our borders reside in countries where the private practice of broadcast journalism is illegal and where the state is the dominant banker. Americans can say anything they want, worship any god they choose, and associate with any motley crew around. Our legacy is not slave chains, Wounded Knee, and the murder of James Byrd, but American GIs liberating a Nazi death camp, an immigrant's first glance of lady liberty's torch, and Ronald Reagan exhorting the Soviet's to tear down the Berlin Wall. If nothing else, America means freedom.

NOW THAT YOU KNOW, PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION:

What country in the history of the world boasts such an impressive record of bettering the lot of all of humanity?
link

The answer is “no country” even comes CLOSE!

Boy,I would think this is an ARROGANT answer coming from you, Seabag!

Just MORE reasons why those detractors would love to see America fall......
On top of the negative ones ALWAYS brought out.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by staticarium
Americans make me feel physically sick.

Don't mention it.

Glad we could help.

(Just so you know, most countries around the world allow owning licensed firearms, the difference is, we don't jerk off over them)

Yeah you're just jealous because we are ambidextrous...

edit on 21-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

America can not continue its current course, it is BANKRUPT if you want America to remain #1 things will have to change. Things will change eventually by necessity whether you want them to or not, you may not live to see it but it will happen. Foresight is a great thing.

Now go worship the government you love so much who took your money and gave it to big banks who then paid out million dollar bonuses while laughing at blind followers such as yourself.

Its a damn shame you claim to love America so much but ignore Americas biggest threat the domestic enemy's in Washington DC, keep giving them a free pass and see where we as a country end up.

edit on 21-1-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Please explain how america is the greatest nation that ever was? Please explain this.

Damn right!

She is actually exercising TWO RIGHTS BACK TO BACK THAT MOST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ONLY DREAM THEY HAD THAT IS UNIQUE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! ....

FIRST AMENDMENT (with the gesture of here left hand...flipping the bird!...FREEDOM OF SPEECH!)

SECOND AMENDMENT (THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS)
edit on 21-1-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

YEAH! WE GET TO HAVE GUNS OORAH!

You people really are pathetic, weak minded fools. You go play with your guns, the rest of the world will clean up the mess you leave behind.

(Just so you know, most countries around the world allow owning licensed firearms, the difference is, we don't jerk off over them)

edit on 21-1-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)

Yea, but DO YOU GET TO CARRY YOUR GUNS WHEREVER YOU GO?

Football games at stadiums, Shopping malls, bars, public places, ACROSS STATE LINES? ect....ect...

I DO!
edit on 21-1-2012 by maestromason because: *addition

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

"Trust me, my intelligence is twice yours. You need your friend to sink my ship? Trust me, my knowledge cannot be taken by paranoids."

Im smarter than you???? Thats your come back, You weird little man! And im not trusting you, even if you do ask me twice, also weird.

Also paranoia serves me well!

edit on 21-1-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777
As far as oil we get from Iraq, it is a fraction of what we get from other countries. Frankly, they should be sending it to us free because we have spent more than a trillion dollars from our tax money to rebuild that place.

This post had five stars.

You went in Illegally to pillage, and bombed the crap outta it.

Who else should rebuild it?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I steadfastly oppose war and conflict, and I take strong issue with a lot of our foreign policy, to say nothing of many of the covert programs conducted over the years (both against people abroad, and people right here. I'm speaking of things for which documentary proof exists, mind you.) I also have serious concerns about the actions of numerous presidential administrations, members of congress, corporations associated with, and agencies of our government and military establishment.

But with that said, none of that translates (for me anyhow) into a hatred of my country (if anything, a protective fear for the survival of its ostensible virtues,) and I do not share many of the conclusions reached by some who start out with concerns similar to my own, but then take it a lot further (which is their right and prerogative of course.) I say this with all the respect in the world for people's opinions and beliefs, but I have seen what I perceive to be a slide from criticism and suspicion toward outright hostility and even tacit support for aggression against the U.S.

I think some of this arises from a sort of cyber Stockholm syndrome, and some of it I suspect arises from run of the mill cognitive dissonance. Someone opposes Western hegemony and U.S. foreign policy (as do I) so then they start perceiving and talking about, say, Iran as an innocent victim, blameless in contrast to the horrible evil that the U.S. represents (which I can't agree with.) Someone wants to try to better understand why terrorism exists as it does today and their reasons for attacking us (as do I,) and so they then begin to sympathize with the terrorists because of things the U.S. has inflicted upon them (I sympathize with the ordinary, peaceful people, but not the militants or governments killing people,) up to and including saying things like "Good for _____!" whenever they pull off an attack against U.S. citizens or interests. (Yes, I've actually seen that happen, right here on ATS in fact.)

While I certainly respect people's right to their opinion, always, I can't agree with that kind of binary thinking, personally. What my country does that I disagree with and criticize (and that criticism is an integral and necessary part of liberty in my opinion by the way, not a sign of being a "bad American") does not excuse what other countries or groups do that I also disagree with and criticize, particularly where human rights or deaths are involved. The somewhat crude way to state my position might be, "Two wrongs don't make a right," or (even though I don't regard anyone or anything as my "enemy," so this is strictly rhetorical) "The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend."

I oppose a lot that my country has done and continues to do. That doesn't mean I hate it, or support other groups/nations/people doing things I oppose just as much. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Just my two cents. Peace.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I respect that, of course. I hope when you are comfortable with it all, you'll make a thread. Maybe later tonight?
lol.

At least tell us, which horse's mouth? There are so many around these days, I'm not sure who is THE horse's mouth anymore?

Anyway, if you are not comfortable, no need to respond. I'm an American and a Christian, consequently I am understanding. j/k. All that "understanding" stuff is apparently in my DNA. I didn't acquire it from any group, nationality, psychotherapy, spirit, religion, or political affiliation. Anyway, I've read lots of your posts and this blasting of the U.S. is fairly new for you, methinks, at least to this degree.

Have a great weekend Storm.

I dislike the American bashing and Christian bashing on the forum, what I have come to believe by watching and reading, researching, keeping abreast of world events, and filing in the blanks is, I don't trust our government any more,

There is another entity running the show, why our elected official are remaining silent is beyond me, where are the patriots?

Is it really that bad, are they really so afraid, have they sold out to the highest bidder, there are many layers to this onion.

Some of us have ears, we may be small potatoes, we may clean houses, be mechanics, or delivery men, we see things and hear things, and yes in some big cities, where dirty politicians are bought and bred, men behind the scenes are having there hand kissed, while we watch in awe.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Makes you wonder how it'd go if a Kennedy was alive and well. Maybe John Lennon. Even Martin Luther King Jr?

Just a thought, but I reckon Bush would've got another term just to contest their kinds of rhetoric-- and then Obama would be this 'big hope' personality...

Then it really would be, "Obama for 2012 President!"

I know thats an Alternate History notion--- but what if????

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Instead of insults,lets get back to the crux of the problem. The Hatred of America................

I have heard the word "arrogant" brought up alot.

"Jingoist" too.

I think Patriotic is the word to best describe Americans though.

We are proud of our country.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Damn right!

She is actually exercising TWO RIGHTS BACK TO BACK THAT MOST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ONLY DREAM THEY HAD THAT IS UNIQUE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! ....

FIRST AMENDMENT (with the gesture of here left hand...flipping the bird!...FREEDOM OF SPEECH!)

You people really are pathetic, weak minded fools. You go play with your guns, the rest of the world will clean up the mess you leave behind.

Football games at stadiums, Shopping malls, bars, public places, ACROSS STATE LINES?

I DO!

Why the hell would any intelligent person wish to take a firearm to any of those places? What possible benefit does being able to bring a firearm out like you have described bring?

To answer your question, as long as it is in a locked case and unloaded, yes I could bring one to any of those places, but because I am not a simple minded American, I can also see that there is no reason to.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

America ? North or South ? Or All ? People want to know which God all the time. So which America ?

If you mean my country the U.S, I've never stopped loving her. It's the people she is being influenced by that I hate.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

how did we illegally go in?

was war with japan and germany in ww2 illegal?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i got no time for no fussin' and no fighting
break ya down cause its time for unitin'
strictly buddha be unda my lightin'
the lemon moon shines all bright

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
reply to post by Tw0Sides

how did we illegally go in?

was war with japan and germany in ww2 illegal?

We were talking about Iraq.

No mention of ww1 or ww2.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Instead of insults,lets get back to the crux of the problem. The Hatred of America................

I have heard the word "arrogant" brought up alot.

"Jingoist" too.

I think Patriotic is the word to best describe Americans though.

We are proud of our country.

My point wasn't anything of the sort; I'm an Englishman and proud, and I'm pro-American for many, many reasons!!

Now I've argued my advocacy well on this thread up to now, but been conveniantly ignored-- so I agree, on with the debate, and down with the hate!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Damn right!

Football games at stadiums, Shopping malls, bars, public places, ACROSS STATE LINES?

I DO!

Why the hell would any intelligent person wish to take a firearm to any of those places? What possible benefit does being able to bring a firearm out like you have described bring?

To answer your question, as long as it is in a locked case and unloaded, yes I could bring one to any of those places, but because I am not a simple minded American, I can also see that there is no reason to.

NO I MEAN LOCKED, LOADED and READY TO ROLL AT YOU SIDES?

NO YOU CANNOT!

I CAN!

I have been a gun lover for as long as I can remember. I LOVE MY RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS! along with all of my other rights afforded to me by my country.

America!...loving it since birth!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Too many posters at this time.

Its become a online "swarming"

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join