It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred for America, have at it ATS

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
More leftist baloney. How did we STEAL oil? What part of CHINA got the contracts don't you get? More courtesy of American taxpayers.

When you force someone to accept something they won't voluntarily do as payment, you are stealing.

Prior to the invasion Iraq wouldn't accept US$ for her oil. The occupation forced her to. It doesn't matter who got the contracts. All the oil exported out of Iraq has to be paid in US$. Since Iraq didn't make that choice, US is stealing Iraq's oil regardless of who has the contracts for what and get the oil.

If that is too big a jump for you to understand, let me clarify.

Now whoever wants to import Iraqi oil, contracts or not, has to pay US$. How do they get US$? By having an export surplus with the US. In otherwords, they have to give something to the US for which they get US$ (not a commodity and generated at will by the US) for which they get Iraqi oil. Since Iraq is forced to accept the US$ as payment, it doesn't matter whether US has anything worth while to export to Iraq or not. So it is no different from US taking all that oil from Iraq give them some baseball cards in exchange saying they are valuable and sell the oil to other countries for their goods.

It is economics. If you don't understand it, I am sorry.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I feel there is only one reasonable response to this thread:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c851584a7bfa.jpg[/atsimg]

morons hate entire nations, the culture, and the people within

I dismiss morons as being beneath me. sort of like debating with a eggplant.
You can dislike actions of a government, I don't like Iran's actions for instance, but the people are cool (generally speaking)

link   
Its a strange world , but I know if my country wasn't be freed by the Nazi's in the second world war and the marshal act wasn't introduced. I don't know what and how we would have lived today? But wars changed and the media is on top everywhere to propagandist wars in the better and worse cases to inflict more hatred,and also compassion.

I don't know who's right or wrong anymore. But for one thing I know its not the citizens of the world to blame!

link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Well I'm all for libraries, friend. But how to put this point?

COUGH-COUGH!!!

If it weren't for the neo-con policies dictating massive tax investments in an illegal war, with our PM Blair at the time-- I might add-- and then a global fiscal disaster tailing it as time went on-- during which many public services are being cut to extinction either side of the Atlantic-- it'd be a small wonder if any libraries will have Dubya's name on them-- assuming cash goes in their favour to even be opened AT ALL?!?!?

And since you knew that Dubya's bound for library-stardom, my point then, well, is it even likely to ever feature in a book in any them, so future generations can know the score? Or will it be censored with everything else we talk of here on ATS?

Well?

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Damn skip!

link   
reply to post by andy06shake

The aluminum FUEL FILLED wings blew up and were destroyed. All that was left were the engines. Now please don't waste our time with this uneducated garbage you are spewing.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Aftrer reading many replies here, I'd have to say that I am very proud to be an American. Not so much by the accomplishments listed, but by the calibre of people that have spent time defaming America and her populace.

This has been a very illustrative thread about the folks who spend their time insulting America. I would only recommend that you continue.

It paints a very low quality portrait.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you Beezzer!

I do appreciate your Input.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

That book was a genuine book I recommeded, and I don't do that lightly!

I don't know how to take your comment, but I hope my recommendation helps a few of the bad people playing some of us off against each other here...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Futurcrat1

And since you knew that Dubya's bound for library-stardom, my point then, well, is it even likely to ever feature in a book in any them, so future generations can know the score? Or will it be censored with everything else we talk of here on ATS?

Well?

To the victor go the spoils, and the job of writing history books.
You can't even get people on this site to see the truth, and these people are aware things aren't as they seem.

John Q Public , will always believe Saddam had 6 eyes, ate babies and breathed fire.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Aftrer reading many replies here, I'd have to say that I am very proud to be an American. Not so much by the accomplishments listed, but by the calibre of people that have spent time defaming America and her populace.

This has been a very illustrative thread about the folks who spend their time insulting America. I would only recommend that you continue.

It paints a very low quality portrait.

I am rather amused by the fact that so many people insult America, and yet when the going gets REALLY tough, we are always one of the first countries those people will go to. We may get bad publicity a lot, but when it comes down to it, we (were) pretty freakin' reliable.

Unfortunately, that's changed because our trust was abused. However, we still help where we can...which is more than a lot of those other nations in Europe and Asia can say. They usually go, "What's in it for us? ...Oh, well, we don't want that. Why don't you ask China?"

Us: "Our help?...Sure, why not? But if you could help us with this oil thing, we would appreciate it..."

That's my country. I don't agree with a lot of what it does...but man, it sure beats the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Well said, friend.

I don't even know how many English people are fighting your corner as I am, but I'm shocked by the self-hate of those who should know better!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by maestromason
Please explain how america is the greatest nation that ever was? Please explain this.

Damn right!

She is actually exercising TWO RIGHTS BACK TO BACK THAT MOST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ONLY DREAM THEY HAD THAT IS UNIQUE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! ....

FIRST AMENDMENT (with the gesture of her left hand...flipping the bird!...FREEDOM OF SPEECH!)

SECOND AMENDMENT (THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS)
edit on 21-1-2012 by maestromason because: *correction

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Please explain how america is the greatest nation that ever was? Please explain this.

I’ll give you the Dave Letterman (I’m sure you’ve heard of that American) Top 10 answer:

10. Entertainment
The movies the world watches, the television shows they tune into, and the music they listen to are, for the most part, produced in the United States. For instance, the U.S. exports more than 25 times the number of movies and television shows than it consumes from abroad, a fact that causes Ben Wattenberg to observe quite correctly that America is "the most culturally potent nation in the world."

9. Immigration
During the hundred years ending in the 1920s, a majority of the world's immigrants came to one lone country: the United States. Today, the U.S. takes in more immigrants than at any point in its history.

8. Technology
Americans have given the world motion pictures, the telephone, the television, the computer, the Internet, the airplane, the VCR, and a host of other machines and devices that have vastly improved the quality of life on the planet. Ironically, the terrorists who hate the U.S. give America a tacit endorsement every time they turn on a light, escape the heat through air conditioning, monitor their exploits on television or the internet, or communicate via telephone.

7. Creating Wealth
America is the sun around which the world economy revolves. The typical creator of wealth in the world is an American. Foreigners benefit from buying better products from American companies and working better jobs manufacturing such products. Take America's $9 trillion dollar economy out of the picture, and the economic well being of the rest of the world nose-dives.

6. Generosity
With great wealth comes great generosity. In 2000, Americans gave more than $200 billion in charity, dwarfing the amount donated elsewhere. Since World War II, the U.S. government has given well in excess of $500 billion (not adjusted for inflation) in foreign aid.

5. Human Achievement
Americans have stretched the bounds of the possible. The first transatlantic flight, putting a man on the moon, breaking the speed of sound, constructing the Hoover Dam, and building the Panama Canal serve as testimony to American courage and ingenuity. It wasn't Danes or Bolivians or Iranians or Koreans who achieved these feats. It was Americans. This is significant.

4. Enlightened Power
The Soviet Empire ruled over Eastern Europe. The Ottoman Empire claimed dominion over vast stretches of the Islamic world. The Empire of the Sun sought dominion over the Orient. The American Empire rules...only Americans. America is an historical curiosity. It is the most powerful country in the world, yet it eschews imperialism. Instead, it has used its military might to liberate.

3. Medicine
Will Nigerian doctors make the blind see? Will Cambodians cure AIDS? Will Pakistanis eradicate cancer? The answer is probably not. Why? The reason is that non-Westerners have had no discernable impact on modern medicine.

2. Democracy
More than 215 years after the Constitutional Convention, most people on the planet still do not have a right to vote. Every Arab country, more than three-fourths of African nations, and many of the most populous nations in the Orient still deny their citizens the right to choose their own leaders. Despite the continued rejection by many foreign leaders, the ideals of the American Founding became contagious. Our example served to topple regimes far from our shores.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!

1. Freedom
America has shined as a beacon of freedom in an unfree world for more than two centuries. To this day, for instance, most people living outside our borders reside in countries where the private practice of broadcast journalism is illegal and where the state is the dominant banker. Americans can say anything they want, worship any god they choose, and associate with any motley crew around. Our legacy is not slave chains, Wounded Knee, and the murder of James Byrd, but American GIs liberating a Nazi death camp, an immigrant's first glance of lady liberty's torch, and Ronald Reagan exhorting the Soviet's to tear down the Berlin Wall. If nothing else, America means freedom.

NOW THAT YOU KNOW, PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION:

What country in the history of the world boasts such an impressive record of bettering the lot of all of humanity?
link

The answer is “no country” even comes CLOSE!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

"The aluminum FUEL FILLED wings blew up and were destroyed. All that was left were the engines. Now please don't waste our time with this uneducated garbage you are spewing."

Why should i not waste YOUR time with, how did you put it? "uneducated garbage". You have been spewing it since your first post in this discusion!

And thats your answer "The aluminum FUEL FILLED wings blew up and were destroyed"? Problem solved then no more wings eh? (think thats a Tampax ad here in the UK)

"uneducated garbage" Least i know who spawned the English language ma man!

And on that note im of ta play Skyrim for a while, where there are no stupid Americans(I mean YOU) that dont know there arse from there elbow around.

Feel free to continue your pro American goverment propaganda, im sure TiM3LoRd
will be around soon to sink your battleship.

Dont worry ile come back later coz your sound for a laugh like! Skyrim calls me. LoL LoL LoL

edit on 21-1-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Damn right!

She is actually exercising TWO RIGHTS BACK TO BACK THAT MOST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ONLY DREAM THEY HAD THAT IS UNIQUE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! ....

FIRST AMENDMENT (with the gesture of here left hand...flipping the bird!...FREEDOM OF SPEECH!)

SECOND AMENDMENT (THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS)
edit on 21-1-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

YEAH! WE GET TO HAVE GUNS OORAH!

You people really are pathetic, weak minded fools. You go play with your guns, the rest of the world will clean up the mess you leave behind.

Americans make me feel physically sick.

(Just so you know, most countries around the world allow owning licensed firearms, the difference is, we don't jerk off over them)

edit on 21-1-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A respect of the views of others ought to be so in all modes of group discussion.

But from most of what I've read on this thread, have we advanced no further than the rabble of the stone floor of the original Senate in Ancient Athens?

Daggers under garbs, just in case.

No wonder Rome went loopy!!!

Well, I don't hear any war-cry of Zeus contesting such proceedings here, so lets play nice, friends.

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

What country has the might to take us on in conventional warfare? What country can bring war to US shores and possibly win?

Russia? China?

That’s the point! The bases are a deterrent. They will most certainly think twice with our power so close. If all of our assets were on military bases in America they could be taken out easier (all of our eggs in one basket).

You really need to start thinking these things through and stop blindly following RP just because he makes you feel good.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777
reply to post by andy06shake

Do your research, my friend. We went into Afghanistan to go after the animals who attacked us on our land. Iraq was uncalled for. As far as oil we get from Iraq, it is a fraction of what we get from other countries. Frankly, they should be sending it to us free because we have spent more than a trillion dollars from our tax money to rebuild that place. They have not spent one red cent of their oil profits for rebuilding.

The "animals" that you've refered to --- Al Qaeda --- have been pushed out of Afghanistan about 7 years ago. Do you know why the U.S./ Coalition forces are still there? It was W. Bush's/Cheny's idea, to establish an Afghan government, friendly to the United States, so it could capitalize on Afghanistan's trillion dollar mineral wealth.

The Taliban know this ---- and it will force them too fight even harder.

The majority of the Afghan people have never even heard of the "911" event. They believe the Coalition forces are here to deny there livelyhoods, by destroying the opium fields that they depend on for profit. These opium profits fund the Taliban, but the destruction of opium fields, is a continuing source of hatred against the U.S. Coalition force's.

Pakistan hates the U.S., because the U.S. has propped up a U.S. puppet government that has friendly ties to India, which is the major enemy of Pakistan.

The Afghan people.... hate the coalition construction firms that build them concrete block houses that are unfit to live in, because they have no electricity to heat or cool the homes. The majority of the Afghan people, that are living out from the major cities, are much better-off living in mud constructed house's or hut's.

edit on 21-1-2012 by Erno86 because: grammar/spelling

edit on 21-1-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join