It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Hatred for America, have at it ATS

page: 22
37
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


Ya know Slayer, along with your obvious intelligence and knowledge, you are also very gutsy, and have just plain good ole horse sense.

I like that about you. Don't see it that much in these parts of the webz.




posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
This thread itself is a prime example of why people dislike America and and Ameircans.

It's your attitude. Your arrogance.

So some aid to Pakistan and some rescued Iranian fishermen suddenly outweigh all the negatives?

Those things are good, but it's this expectation that everyone should love you.

I am incredulous that many Americans on this site seem incapable of understanding where the hatred comes from. I think a lot of it stems from an ignorance of your own history and believing that the United States is in fact the centre of the universe.

The sheer contempt many Americans show for other nations on this site is hypocritical.


Arrogance?




Lets get to the definition,shall we?

: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

The claims I made are not overbearing. Americas Yoke are not carried by England,France,or the rest of the World. Americans as a people, are hard working. Generous.Just getting by. Loved? Everyone wants to be loved,and I would say that if there was more love in the world,we wouldnt have half the problems we have today.

Contempt for happiness is usually contempt for other people's happiness, and is an elegant disguise for hatred of the human race.~Bertrand Russell


When it comes down to History,throwing the yoke off our English masters,as many country's did at one time,has made America what it is today. Not perfect,a work in progress,and a Country that is always first to lend a hand.

If that is arrogant,then I am sure MANY Americans,wear that badge with pride.





posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by satoriku
 



I find it interesting that out of all the haters on this thread, no one has held up another country ( preferably one they live in presently) as a shining example of something better.


Well of course not, because as much as they hate on America the truth is that America has done more good for the world in 236 years than all of their countries have done throughout history.

I think America-bashing is in vogue these days; they do it to fit in and sound cool to their pseudo-intellectual buddies.



edit on 21-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Also ill try to dig up a thread tomorrow about the us being able to arrest and detain anywhere in the world.


The UK just rolls over when US wants to extradite someone - the latest being a case where the 'crime' of the accused is not actually a crime in the UK.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 21-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by staticarium

Originally posted by malachi777
reply to post by staticarium
 
Umm, here in the US we speak English...a different dialect or pronunciation as our BROTHERS but it is still English. And I am American, not Americant.



No, in the US you speak a language so far removed from our own, it is an insult to have it associated with ours. And I prefer to call you Ameri#s.


It is your ancestors fault.

You need that post removed.



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
thats a pretty graph you have there, what other lists would america be at the top of? most invaded countrys comes to mind, and a few more, dose this make me anti american? no! it makes me anti american goverment. yes!



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777
reply to post by satoriku
 


We have asked numerous times where they are from, yet they will not answer. Proves to us that they know this country is a better, more free place to live.




Its delusional rationalizations such as this that paints the ignorant redneck picture. The Question has been answered and your country is far from the land of milk and honey you think it to be. I believe your OFFICIAL unemployment figures are around 9% of 300 million give or take. Mind you thats not taking into account people who havent applied for benefits and homeless people. Your country is how many trillion in debt now? 15 trillion?? Are you guys even still counting??? Your property market is in such a shambles interest rates are almost non existent? Hmm sounds like your living in an economic boom



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

The UK just rolls over when US wants to extradite someone - the latest being a case where the 'crime' of the accused is not actually a crime in the UK.


Of course they do….most countries do.

Why not? After all, America is right most of the time!



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by SLAYER69
 

Whoa slow down, you are allowed to be wrong some times.

No need to be worked up.


Worked up?


I'm standing near my computer ironing next weeks clothes for work while slapping you around


Its not you, its your Gov,

Blind patriotism is still blind


That Shtick is getting old. You say that yet many here like to make poorly veiled jabs at Americans.




I'm not digging, Im new to comps, and use 2 fingers


Don't ask me what I think you should do with those two.....

edit on 21-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by staticarium
 

Let's be more specific. Let's see, we have the commonwealth in Australia( hey, I put them in a post), The commonwealth of New England, Virginia, Dominica, Indonesia..ect.



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by staticarium
........
Keep watching our shows out there, like Dancing with the Stars, Americas got talent, x factor, who wants to be a millionaire, weakest link, etc

.......


Really, you base your understanding of the US on TV SHOWS!

Sorry, but you are not too bright.

Go back to your TV, and let the adults talk.


Said by the American't who obviously cannot understand, or is not willing to understand the context of that comment...

Let me show you :


Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by staticarium
No, in the US you speak a language so far removed from our own, it is an insult to have it associated with ours. And I prefer to call you Ameri#s.



Yet...

You know who Madonna and Arnold Schwarzenegger are.

Have a Coke and a Smile


Then, I posted:


Originally posted by staticarium

Arnold Schwarzenegger being a European, not American't.

Keep watching our shows out there, like Dancing with the Stars, Americas got talent, x factor, who wants to be a millionaire, weakest link, etc

Have an apple pie and smile. Did I mention that we made that too? Oops!


Now sit down and be quiet you SPAM.
edit on 21-1-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 


explain please as to how that above qoute defines the "hatred for america"

hey pal have fun with a global crisis if Iran actually closes the straight, then when your paying out the a** for things you will be so happy when america goes in there to reopen and help to allow goods to pass through there again,



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777
 

Im from bonny Scotland, Glasgow as allready stated in this discussion.
Also you said "Let's be more specific. Let's see, we have the commonwealth in Australia". Australia is part of the commonwealth dont know what you mean by " we have the commonwealth in Australia".
edit on 21-1-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Arrogance?

: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions



Yes, arrogance ... as by the definition.

You aren't saying "WE IN THE US". You are saying "WE AMERICANS". Are you talking for venezuelans? Are you talking on the behalf of the mexicans? Maybe you are a representative of brazilians, or Inkas?

No?

Then you are making an overbearing claim, and manner that is consistant with a person whome we generally refer to as a "pompus a...".



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Kram09
This thread itself is a prime example of why people dislike America and and Ameircans.

It's your attitude. Your arrogance.

So some aid to Pakistan and some rescued Iranian fishermen suddenly outweigh all the negatives?

Those things are good, but it's this expectation that everyone should love you.

I am incredulous that many Americans on this site seem incapable of understanding where the hatred comes from. I think a lot of it stems from an ignorance of your own history and believing that the United States is in fact the centre of the universe.

The sheer contempt many Americans show for other nations on this site is hypocritical.


Arrogance?




Lets get to the definition,shall we?

: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

The claims I made are not overbearing. Americas Yoke are not carried by England,France,or the rest of the World. Americans as a people, are hard working. Generous.Just getting by. Loved? Everyone wants to be loved,and I would say that if there was more love in the world,we wouldnt have half the problems we have today.

Contempt for happiness is usually contempt for other people's happiness, and is an elegant disguise for hatred of the human race.~Bertrand Russell


When it comes down to History,throwing the yoke off our English masters,as many country's did at one time,has made America what it is today. Not perfect,a work in progress,and a Country that is always first to lend a hand.

If that is arrogant,then I am sure MANY Americans,wear that badge with pride.







Can we also get a Graph for how much money the US has made from weapons sales and how much private contractors like Halliburton have made from all the wars the US have instigated??? You know, just to keep things comparative....



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
thats a pretty graph you have there, what other lists would america be at the top of? most invaded countrys comes to mind, and a few more, dose this make me anti american? no! it makes me anti american goverment. yes!




Every Government has faults. America is NO different,that being said,No one is asking for ANYONE to bow down,and kiss the American ring. Just reflect on what you say and how you say it,look at the WHOLE picture. Analyze Everything.


Deny Ignorance,Remember?



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
thats a pretty graph you have there, what other lists would america be at the top of? most invaded countrys comes to mind, and a few more


im curious as to why you think america has invaded the most countries because i can think of A LOT of other nations that have done much more invading then we have



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll
 


The irony is that Countries like South Africa, China, Iran, for example, teach their pupils English as a SECOND language and yet their literacy rates are HIGHER than English taught in an English school to an English pupil.


I cannot stand my Government and all previous Governments, they have systematically destroyed education for their own nefarious reasons.

I know, when people are slagging off the UK, they are attacking the PTB, consequently i have no problem with that.

But, a lot of my American friends are incapable of distinguishing between a verbal assault on their PTB and themselves, i blame flag waving and national anthem singing or indoctrination as i would call it, you will kiss the blood banner or be declared a terrorist.

Where did Americans get this personification of nation BS from ?

Cosmic..



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If this thread can't continue without the steady influx of personal attacks, it WILL be closed.

Please stop this trend immediately or posts will begin to disappear.



new topics

top topics



 
37
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join