It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred for America, have at it ATS

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Perhaps You missed My point. I was not saying WWII was a bad thing, just that after it was over, We should have returned to Our mind-Our-own-business ways. NOT install dictators in So. America and the ME, not pound on other countries, not "spread democracy" at gunpoint.

I did not mean to imply We had no reason to get Hitler.

what makes WWII any different than Chinese communism in North Korea and North Viet Nam?

Iraq and Afghanistan are another story in my view and I have been against them from the start.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Spot on, sonnny. Interestingly, I read through every single post on the first 5 pages of your thread. Out of 100 posts, there were only 6 people who didn't have something negative to say about America right away. As a matter of fact, they defended America. 

Redoubt, longbottomleaf, slayer69, angeldoll, tsawyer2, neo96.

To those 6 I say THANK YOU!!
Not surprisingly, all but 2 of you were already on my friend list (the other 2 are now).

Americans are a proud bunch. For many of us, patriotism is NOT a derogatory term. For us, patriotism is the glue that holds us together as a nation, and all the trash talk in the world won't affect our love for our country. George Washington said it best:

Citizens, by birth or choice, of a common country, that country has a right to concentrate your affections. The name of American, which belongs to you in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of patriotism more than any appellation derived from local discriminations. With slight shades of difference, you have the same religion, manners, habits, and political principles. You have in a common cause fought and triumphed together; the independence and liberty you possess are the work of joint counsels, and joint efforts of common dangers, sufferings, and successes.
GW

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Yah just like Russian civilians were responsible for getting transferred around in cattle cars and thrown in gulags at gun point. You don't seem to grasp the controls of the evildoers.

Or take the example of Iranian students who were killed in the uprising there. It was brutal. Or that girl in Egypt who was brutally beaten to death by police.

Everyone within those countries who supports/supported those establishments and its actions shares blame for them.

There is another aspect to this bizarre NWO happening. Our traitor Presidents have been allowing foreign troops to train on our soil because they know American GI's wont kill their own civilians.
Many of us here are wondering about all the FEMA camps and Fusion Centers being set up around the country. We have watched all the surveillance cams going up. The NWO plans to imprison American citizens.
The Elite have no allegiance to any country. They think they can wage nuclear war on the populace of an entire world and survive themselves underground.

Yeah, NWO

Did the NWO hold guns to Americans' heads to make them vote for George W Bush in 2004? Does the NWO hold guns to the heads of the psychopaths on here calling for bombing of Iran? Are all these people supposed to some victims the possibility of who being sent to some camps supposed to invoke sympathy?

I would be thrilled if Americans are rounded up, sent to camps and shot like they did to Iraqis, Afghans or plain bombed like they did to Libyans and plan on doing to Syrians and Iranians. Nothing like some of the psychopaths being at the receiving end of others instead of all the psychopaths of the world ganging up against human beings.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm not sure when it became "American" to bully other countries and then declare war on them when they are disgruntled, declaring that "We" are spreading democracy as We set up puppet governments...

Up until WWII, We were all for leaving the rest of the world alone (mostly).

So... Yeah, I guess "protecting" Ourselves from the enemies We made is "American."

I dont know about that. The threat of Communism was real,and still is today,in America.
I think America from the 40's till now has helped humankind,in ways its detractors either fail to realize,or never claim at all.

The American Government is at an all time low,in how Americans approve of its performance.Surly that means the people here understand change needs to arise,but doesn't make the US this killing machine most want to make it into.

Many criticize what the American Government does on the web (another ingenious piece of technology created in America) daily. From those in America,to the other nations who are actively waiting and wanting its downfall.

The problem is if America left the World alone,we would undoubtedly be called back at some point to help bail out the World,due to yet another tyrant,hellbent on claiming all the World as his own. The World has gotten smaller in a sense. MHO.

Just my take in it.

Thanks for responding.

BTW,love the tag.......

"If the Universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can we use it to run our cars?"

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I speak for myself only. I am an american. I do not agree with 99% of the stuff this goverment does and how 90% of the people around me are conditioned sheep that dont know anything that is going on that doesnt have to do with jersey shore or some other reality tv show. I hate my goverment and what it stands for. I just hope the people dont hate americans in general. We arent that bad ;P

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

I would be thrilled if Americans are rounded up, sent to camps and shot like they did to Iraqis, Afghans or plain bombed like they did to Libyans and plan on doing to Syrians and Iranians. Nothing like some of the psychopaths being at the receiving end of others instead of all the psychopaths of the world ganging up against human beings.

This is the EXACT reason the thread was made.

The hate is astounding............

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Ahh yes,,,Stir up the water and the pond scum rises.You sir are sick

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by clypso

Thank you clypso.

Think many agree with the sentiment.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
No defense of the OP's could possibly change my mind on this country.

For those who will no doubt chime in with "love it or leave it", let me just tell you that there's nothing much left to love about this country of mine.

We've allowed the politicians to run amok and as a result, this country is declining steadily each year. It's not (yet) 3rd world territory but I do feel like myself and my fellow Americans are now afterthoughts in the eyes of the world.

I do not mind if people wish to express their grievances about my country. We Americans may learn a thing or two about how we are perceived by others.

If we are going to rail on other countries for their possession/use of nuclear weapons, we must lay down our nuclear weapons.

If we are going to complain about dictators in other nations and their human rights records, we must avoid the passage of draconian laws that will usher in an American dictatorship. We must also set an example for the rest of the world in regard to human rights.

I could go on and on and on.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Yet refuses to tell us where HE/SHE is from and what personal experiences he has other then spoon fed media, and his own bias........

Sounds about right

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by clypso
I speak for myself only. I am an american. I do not agree with 99% of the stuff this goverment does and how 90% of the people around me are conditioned sheep that dont know anything that is going on that doesnt have to do with jersey shore or some other reality tv show. I hate my goverment and what it stands for. I just hope the people dont hate americans in general. We arent that bad ;P

excellent statement and i myself feel this way about the United Kingdoms stance on a lot of things
but sadly i am just a regular joe that has no influence over my country or any other countrys views on how the globe works and wars etc

anybody who wades into a debate such as this with "all americans are (insert the ignorant part here)"
needs to maybe let go of the hatred and start reading not mainstream articles but do some reading on how the world really works

sadly its too easy to pidgeon hole a countrys population based on whats happend in the past or on current events

i guess the old addage is correct....."ignorance is bliss" if thats true there must be a huge number of the world populus living in bliss

edit on 21-1-2012 by UkRandom because: typos oops i need to drink more coffee to wake up i think

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Get used to it.

If we spent less time whining about "hate" and more time evaluating our choice for politicians/political parties, we may be able to extinguish this "hate" over time.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

`The Hatred for America, have at it ATS`
I Love America

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Originally posted by Immune
I could personally careless what the world thinks of America or its citizens, if you don't like us come get us.

Count on it! But "getting" you will involve a devastation on a scale unseen or unheard of before. Every other possibility to contain/reform the USA has to be exhausted before that. But people like you are sure helping us feel that is the only option left. The numbers of those who are convinced that is the only option and little time left are gorwing by the day. One day soon, it will reach the critical numbers needed for action and then your wish will be fulfilled.

You do know how utterly inferior the rest of the world is compared to America, I would of added Europe and a few other nations to my rant, but they just aren't worth mentioning.

It is like having a talk about Great Civilizations and then mentioning a few villages on a remote island no one has ever heard of, besides those living there.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

You are really playing the blame game here. But let's play. Of course we are all responsible for the collective and yet none of us alone can change the entire collective. TPTB know how to play the game brilliantly and have many people so fooled.
A good example of the helplessness of people manifested in the Tea Party when a million people gathered in DC to protest Obamacare and all the baillouts and overspending of Congress. So let's just say that half of Congress wanted Obamacare and the other half didnt. That was the scenario we saw here. The half that wanted OBamacare tried to ignore the protests of the T Party and then resorted to calling the T Party terrorists in Brooks Bros clothing(hilarious I know but that was Pelosi).
The next step was to vote as many democrats out as possible. But it's still not enough to repeal Obamacare.
In the meantime, now we see the Occupiers. They are just as mad and angry as the T Party. They are out protesting but who is listening? We here the media throwing around terms like "the 99 %" but is that stopping the bombing of Libya?
There are just too many issues and that is another reason why the Occupiers seemed dissonant, because no one can focus on all the various issues at once.
The NWO has been decades in the making. You think we can just rise up and throw off the yoke? Maybe. Some people want violent revolution. Most don't really want violence.

So you tell me what is the answer? You want riots like in Greece? would that make you happy?

I have an even better idea. Why don't you come on over and bang on the WH door and tell Obama just what you think of his warmongering in Libya. Why don't you just tell him he better leave Afghanistan or else!

edit on 21-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Dear OP,
See right there is the problem:

Originally posted by sonnny1
As America stands actively to respond to the threats of the World,I find it disheartening to say the least.
With the economic upheaval,to World Wide Job loss,It seems that America,and what it stands for,has become the linchpin of BLAME.

Firstly the US of A government is what people despise, and to a certain degree Americans who buy into the "official story". WMDs, saving the world, greatest nation on the planet, only nation protected by god, gung ho, world police, better than you mentality all spring to mind when I think of America's perceived "issues".

To address the two points above. America IS a threat to the world, not a country which reacts to threats. The threats are made up to push forward agendas, namely oil and at times encroaching on the world scene to "protect itself". The other point I actually laughed at. The ECONOMIC UPHEAVAL was caused by YOUR banks and YOUR federal reserve and YOUR government. Have you not read a single thing? "Too big to fail"??????

So yes, I hate the American government and any sheeple that follow it. I hate them way more than the big bad Iranians, or Libians, or Iraqis, or Jihadists, or Palestinians or Muslims for that matter. Way way way more.

You're being blamed for REAL things.. I strongly suggest you spend some more time on ATS READING and EDUCATING yourself.

T

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
No defense of the OP's could possibly change my mind on this country.

For those who will no doubt chime in with "love it or leave it", let me just tell you that there's nothing much left to love about this country of mine.

We've allowed the politicians to run amok and as a result, this country is declining steadily each year. It's not (yet) 3rd world territory but I do feel like myself and my fellow Americans are now afterthoughts in the eyes of the world.

I do not mind if people wish to express their grievances about my country. We Americans may learn a thing or two about how we are perceived by others.

If we are going to rail on other countries for their possession/use of nuclear weapons, we must lay down our nuclear weapons.

If we are going to complain about dictators in other nations and their human rights records, we must avoid the passage of draconian laws that will usher in an American dictatorship. We must also set an example for the rest of the world in regard to human rights.

I could go on and on and on.

I dont mind grievances per say,but on ATS that leads to finger pointing,9 out of 10.

And yes,some,and I mean some of the things you say, I might be inclined to say are right.

Even with all that,I still have faith that the Nation can right its ship,as I am a "glass half full" type person.

One more thing,about Nuclear Weapons. Once America opened Pandoras box,it could not be closed. I think with the treaties we have with Russia,we have taken the steps to eliminate our Nuclear arsenal.Maybe not as fast,as I believe it could get done.Though,its NOT stopping other countries from building them,so how do you deter ??? My personal beliefs is Nuclear is scary,even peaceful reactors..But ANY country who is saying these days,that their Nuclear ambitions are peaceful,are trying desperately to build the damn things. Case in point North Korea.When theocracy based Countries decide to build them,that's where I really get scared. No one can stop a country hellbent on starting WW3,if their prophecy's call on it.

Thanks for contributing Sword........
Do appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
So, it's ok when American Christians suggest bombing the living # out of countries full of brown people but it's not ok for those countries to have some form of defense against our bullying?

As I said, the fingers will be pointed and for a good reason. Who became the world's sole superpower after WWII? Who has more bases around the world than any other country?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Isn't it funny that people writing these threads nearly always seem to nothing about history, it's like the ATS version of Pam Geller or Ann Coulter.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I have met a lot of Americans in my life, all great people, became good friends with many. Apart from one girl, who was so incredibly dumb - I knew more about American history then her - they were all very outspoken about their government.
edit on 21-1-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join