It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Been Censored!! SOPA is In Effect!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, The title says it all. I live in Leeds, England and I cannot watch a documentary called: The truth about the world we live in..

Heres a link to the video

www.youtube.com...

Whats going on!!!!

Thoughts please!

Mod Edit: All Caps In Title – Please Review This Link.

edit on 20/1/2012 by Sauron because: - Title Upper case to Lower case, Mod note

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

SOPA is a American law. I am not sure what laws bind you were you live but considering you live in the UK your rights up and hit the road a long time ago.

If you give up freedom for security you deserve neither.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Not SOPA just youtube

This happens all the time.
edit on 20-1-2012 by ziggystrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

I confirm here in the USA I can't watch it ether.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

SOPA only applies to Americans, I thought?

This video uses clips from RT & NBC, so it would always get blocked on YouTube for using stuff from major news corporations.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Whats going on, governmental constraints I'd say. Soon we'll have to seek permission to watch television ads as well. Regulations are getting tighter every year. Alex

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Never mind its just the NWO
edit on 20-1-2012 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's tube lol, this happens all the time.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

One of the reasons many oppose sopa is because of this very point. Sopa would allow u.s. law to intervene in international countries. It would affect the entire internet as a whole.

U.S. law already prohibits copyright violation.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
NO YOU HAVE NOT!! NO IT'S NOT!!
edit on 20-1-2012 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by Kluute

SOPA is a American law. I am not sure what laws bind you were you live but considering you live in the UK your rights up and hit the road a long time ago.

SOPA is not an American law. It's an American bill in the House of Representatives. It hasn't been voted on by the House, it hasn't been voted on by the Senate, and it hasn't been signed by the President. See this educational video for more.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Same here...

This video contains content from Russia Today and NBC Universal, one or more of whom have blocked it on copyright grounds. Sorry about that.

And imagine when these companies get the power to pull websites completely without even going to court with it first.
They proven again and again that they like to block any kind of videos.

I really wish people woke up and boycotted these fu***rs.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Did you really post this thread?

Mate, I have a feeling that they would not choose YOU too sensor. You bare no threat to anyone bar yourself.

Do you not understand what SOPA is?

Please think carefully before embarrassing yourself.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If it's from RT it's probably BS anyway.

BTW SOPA /PIPA vote got pushed back indefinitely today.

It's not SOPA. It is youtube.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Naw man thats a youtube thing it been around awhile. I know I can't watch some things here in the US that you could in places across Europe

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
YouTube does that all the time. If someone objects to copyright infringement in certain countries...some videos may be able to be watched in one country, but not another. It's not the government. It's the copyright owner and YouTube.

And for that to happen, I have absolutely no problem with. Keep the government out of it. Basically...YouTube is policing it's own videos. Actually...lots of videos there may actually be in violation of copyright laws in one way or another...but usually aren't blocked unless the copyright holder complains.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

You haven't been censored at all, the video is blocked due to copyright grounds......there's 1000's of videos with the same constraints on youtube.......has been for years!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'VE BEEN CENSORED!! SOPA IS IN EFFECT!!

No you haven't and No it is not.

The uploader and or those companies holding rights to the content have simply restricted its viewing based upon the end-user's geographic location.

SOPA has been shelved, and whilst it's most certainly being retooled and restructured for future implementation, you've not been censored Nor is SOPA in effect at this point in time.

What you Are seeing is the implementation and use of Existing Laws which SOPA would like to bunch together , in an umbrella-type fashion, to stifle not only pirating of copyrighted content and information .. but to also potentially stifle 'dissent' as they see fit or deem 'necessary'.

On one hand...
No you're not being censored in this particular situation and circumstance

On the other hand,
Legislative 'efforts' such as SOPA stand to ultimately do or allow for just that - legally.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Sometimes you just have to literally spell it out.
With a straight face!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
If it's from RT it's probably BS anyway.

BTW SOPA /PIPA vote got pushed back indefinitely today.

It's not SOPA. It is youtube.

You are right that this has nothing to do with SOPA, but it is still a result of similar censorship laws.
Why do you think that youtube does this?? Do you seriously think they want to do this? It is a known fact that this is a result of politics thanks to lobbying from companies like MPAA/RIAA.
And like we so called lunatics warned about it ended up being abused to remove pretty much anything they want.

SOPA will only extend their power giving them even the ability of censoring websites without any court order.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join