It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from WA! We're now back online! (Permanently I Hope) Did anybody else get Cabin Fever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
For the past 3 days my family and I have been cutoff from the outside world. We've had a very attypical winter so far in Western WA, since last Sunday we've probably received 6+ inches of snow on just Sunday alone not including the snow we've had every day since. About 90,000 people lost power etc in the 2 main counties, King and Pierce. Thankfully the neighborhood next to us lost power along with everything else whereas our neighborhood lost just internet and cable. I almost felt like we were living in the 1930's as our family listened to the radio to find out if we had work or school for the next day as well as wondering what the hell was going on outside the world. It made me realize also how freakin reliant I am on social media and the T.V., especially because we couldn't leave the house or neighborhood for the past 3 days. I was going through a serious case of cabin fever. Anybody else in the NW get cabin fever since all of western WA's stores have been pretty much closed down?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
We're getting blasted with a snow storm right now!
Winds are blowing from 3 different directions causing
the snow to drift. I hope we don't loose electric as
I have been in that situation for long amounts of
time myself. My home electric was off for a week
due to an ice storm, my business was closed for
2 weeks due to power being down. It was cold as
we had electric heat and well the power was off.
Cabin fever for certain. Also hurricanes
in Florida. We take for granted such things as
electric for communications, lighting, refrigerators
to keep our food fresh. Food was the hardest
problem - P & J's get old after a while, lol.
Glad you are back in service, enjoy and appreciate.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm guessing we might be the only neighborhood that's restored. I'm looking behind my backyard into the other neighborhood (newly built cookie cutter houses) and they don't have any lights or power or anything. So I'm guessing if the cable is even back that the reason I haven't heard from anybody else in WA is because they're still blacked out. I feel like we're in North Korea I can't remember the last time our house lost power...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

I know what you mean, the weather has been weird. Even Western Oregon/Washington got hit with the snow, which is unusual .. heavy wet snow too, took down half a maple tree in my back yard

But the weather outlook is normal again: Rain. Rain. Rain. Heavy rain. Really heavy rain. Rain. Rain. Rain.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Welcome back!!! Been there and done that, 10 days from an ice storm. Had to go stay with others. Makes you appreciate electrcity and heat for sure! Glad your ok and family too.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
We lost cable and internet AGAIN.... sheesh and in the valley all of Auburn is still blacked out. We finally got it back today but I dunno about everybody else... I haven't seen any WA posters from King/Pierce county. My mom went to get McDonalds which finally had power although nobody else did and it took her an hour because the lines were THAT long and it's only a 10 minute drive downhill from our neighborhood. Makes me wonder how things are gunna happen during a real emergency...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Got our power on yesterday! Puyallup here.

new topics

top topics

join